Heavy Hitters Mag go under?

silk55

I sent payment for a subscription a couple months ago. Just got the payment returned. I know some have been in the magazine in the past. Just wondering if anyone has any info?

i sent the "bill me later" thing, I hope I get it.

Im willing to pay 50 a year for it, I love it.

No.

LOL, It's not bad. It's more of a lifestyle site. I prefer this site, but that's because I'm such a Lambo fanboy.

Definitely more of a life style thing for sure, less car oriented, depends what people are into...I'm there as well (I think i'm pretty much everywhere) and it was cool for a bit, now I check it off and on.

I prefer the smaller "community" here rather than the very large forums, but both have their ups and downs.

lots of dick riders on that forum

Sorry, have to agree. I've read it on and off for months trying to give their community a chance to impress after seeing them at a few nice events and frankly most of them came off as the EXACT 40-year-old Ed Hardy/Monarchy/Panerai/Affliction clowns I prefer not to spend time with. Not that there's anything wrong with those brands, but I found their contributions as shallow as you'd expect.

Nothing wrong with their efforts, and they do organize great events which I give them props for, but even their info is a day-late/dollar-short when it comes to our various hobbies so I lost interest. Wish them well, but it's not for me. :icon_thumleft:

Same goes for Heavy Hitters. I think they must have had a quota for tatted-up Travis-Barker-wannabes in that mag, it was a 10 on the unintentional comedy scale to read through it. With the exception of our Bill, whose profile was the most stable and sharp of the various interview subjects I read, the majority of them came off as having done too many steroid cycles, were too desperate to impress to make up for various insecurities, and generally were too much "new" money in terms of class.

My all-time favorite was the street toughguy who said in an interview with a straight face and 100% deadly-serious "I wanted to learn Chinese and shit, so I started making a bunch of sounds that are like how they talk and sure enough I was speaking Chinese. That's all it took bro". :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Sorry, have to agree. I've read it on and off for months trying to give their community a chance to impress after seeing them at a few nice events and frankly they come off as the EXACT 40-year-old Ed Hardy/Monarchy/Panerai/Affliction clowns I prefer not to spend time with.

Nothing wrong with their efforts, but even their info is a day-late/dollar-short when it comes to our various hobbies so I lost interest. Wish them well, but it's not for me. :icon_thumleft:

Same goes for Heavy Hitters. I think they must have had a quota for tatted-up Travis-Barker-wannabes in that mag, it was a 10 on the unintentional comedy scale to read through it. With the exception of our Bill, whose profile was the most stable and sharp of the various interview subjects I read, the majority of them came off as having done too many steroid cycles, were too desperate to impress to make up for various insecurities, and generally were too much "new" money in terms of class.

My all-time favorite was the street toughguy who said in an interview with a straight face and 100% deadly-serious "I wanted to learn Chinese and shit, so I started making a bunch of sounds that are like how they talk and sure enough I was speaking Chinese. That's all it took bro". :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

LOL...I agree. I tried to give the mag HH a chance at first. I liked the concept, at first. Nothing wrong with "NewMoney" per se.. Most people on here could be considered in that category (under 45, High Income, nice net worth, driving exotic cars, self employed, recently successful within last 5-10years)....I thought they would focus on the more "regular" entrepreneur businessmen that were "killin-it" (again, the LP crowd), and how they're 'heavy hitters' in their respective industry and what they "floss"in their free time. That'd be respectable and kinda cool; to check-out people like for example: Monarchy and his house/cars in LA or Fortis and his GlassGarage (you guys remember the "LP-Cribs" thread). Sort of like a scaled down Robb Report, a little edgy, a little younger, but still serious, profiling the success storys of the $5M-$50M net wealth bracket...

But it focused too much on the, like you said, "tatted-up" (and I'll add) WannabeMMAthug/RockStar/videoMTVHost, douchebag Vegas-fly-chumps; that can't say anything other than......"uh you know...I had to represent where I was comin from and put it down with my 'skillz'" Boooooring....... :jackoff:

lots of dick riders on that forum

Oh hell yeah.

I also HATE that when a good, entertaining argument starts... THREAD LOCK and possible bans because we were "hurting eachothers feelings" or some shit....... fcuk that.

I subscribed awhile back and have received a single issue so far. Something is up.

It takes forever to get them. They dont put out an issue every month, they do 6 per year so it feels like forfuckingever before you get the next one

LOL...I agree. I tried to give the mag HH a chance at first. I liked the concept, at first. Nothing wrong with "NewMoney" per se.. Most people on here could be considered in that category (under 45, High Income, nice net worth, driving exotic cars, self employed, recently successful within last 5-10years)....I thought they would focus on the more "regular" entrepreneur businessmen that were "killin-it" (again, the LP crowd), and how they're 'heavy hitters' in their respective industry and what they "floss"in their free time. That'd be respectable and kinda cool; to check-out people like for example: Monarchy and his house/cars in LA or Fortis and his GlassGarage (you guys remember the "LP-Cribs" thread). Sort of like a scaled down Robb Report, a little edgy, a little younger, but still serious, profiling the success storys of the $5M-$50M net wealth bracket...

But it focused too much on the, like you said, "tatted-up" (and I'll add) WannabeMMAthug/RockStar/videoMTVHost, douchebag Vegas-fly-chumps; that can't say anything other than......"uh you know...I had to represent where I was comin from and put it down with my 'skillz'" Boooooring....... :jackoff:

Definitely, and I want to be clear that "new money" is definitely something to aspire to as you perfectly described. I used that phrase for brevity to describe excessive flash with no taste designed simply to flaunt newfound wealth. :icon_thumleft:

Anyone remember Ballin' Mag? Horrible!!! Lasted all of 6 months. :lol2:

http://www.magamall.com/client/Disticor/Ma...ment&Click=

How bout Player? This one's not bad. A Little too GQ/Esquire-ish though......

http://www.cardozaplayer.com/index.php

My All-Time Favorite (seriously) that had to go away or someone would've burned them down. WAY too opulent WAAAAY too real. No one likes to hear about 28yr olds making $200MM a year sitting in front of a computer.Trader Monthly!!!

Trader-Monthly.jpgmichaelson1.jpg

My All-Time Favorite (seriously) that had to go away or someone would've burned them down. WAY too opulent WAAAAY too real. No one likes to hear about 28yr olds making $200MM a year sitting in front of a computer.Trader Monthly!!!

Trader-Monthly.jpgmichaelson1.jpg

Man you just made me sad. I actually miss when Trader monthly would show up at the office. Always good for 1/2 hour of entertainment. While on the trader/finance money stuff anyone remember a show on CNBCs at night, called High Net Worth I think. The show was off the air after the DOW dropped about 1000 points. They were fast with that one.

Yep. Used to watch that (HNW) too. Almost impossible to find shows like that now.

What I'm MOST sad about is the fact that I threw all my issues of Trader Monthly away at the start of the year, eagerly waiting on the new issues, and they announced they were closing shop. I had EVERY issue since their Inaugural Issue. a CLASSIC MAGAZINE!!! Hope they come back some day.

Really for you guys that don't know. One of the Best Specific Industry Lifestyle Magazines Ever!!! It was about the lifestyle, habits and language of Wall Street (MINUS the CNBC bullshit)...Created by some retired (in their 30s) traders as an after-career hobby.

Fascinating for those that don't live it, maybe standoff-ish for some that can't understand it, but a downright fun and good read for those that DO understand it.

"I wanted to learn Chinese and shit, so I started making a bunch of sounds that are like how they talk and sure enough I was speaking Chinese. That's all it took bro".

That's signature line stuff right there.