Rob Varetoni owner of No Limits Automotive Tech.

Charlie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JoeBiz - this is theft per my attorney and IS CRIMINAL. My attorney does not mess around and will press to the extent of the law. Per my attorney can face jail time and WILL get arrested, handcuffed and brought into the Phoenix Police Department, fingerprinted...etc.

Perhaps Romandad can tune in and give us some insight. I am under the impression that although this is criminal, and "theft", it will have to be taken to the civil court level for justice. I am almost positive he will not get handcuffed and taken to jail prior to the outcome of the civil trial.

I'm sorry about your problems. I hate to be the one to say it but I bet this is a result of him trying to keep a women happy. Call me sexist but why else would a man put a good business and reputation at risk. I've seen this kind of thing happen more then once. Men can do some stupid things in the name of love, or trying to hang onto a woman.

I'm sorry about your problems. I hate to be the one to say it but I bet this is a result of him trying to keep a women happy. Call me sexist but why else would a man put a good business and reputation at risk. I've seen this kind of thing happen more then once. Men can do some stupid things in the name of love, or trying to hang onto a woman.

Or Cocaine....

Perhaps Romandad can tune in and give us some insight. I am under the impression that although this is criminal, and "theft", it will have to be taken to the civil court level for justice. I am almost positive he will not get handcuffed and taken to jail prior to the outcome of the civil trial.

It can vary some from state to state but in general it's a fuzzy area, and how much help the victim gets from the criminal side of govt. will depend on the specific facts and how willing the local law enforcement authorities are to get involved. If the guy accepted the money intending to use it for personal use rather than order parts that is almost certainly criminal, but most of the time there is room for the offender to argue that he didn't intend to do so at the time but only did so later, and even then he planned to order the parts or whatever using some funds he was expecting to arrive from somewhere else, etc. A statute specifically making it illegal to use customer funds in this manner would be a big help, of course. But as joebiz said, law enforcement generally hates to get involved in anything but the most clear cut cases of theft/fraud because they don't want to be inundated with these kinds of problems, but sometimes you can find a sympathetic detective or DA. And if the lawyer Charlie has working on it has good connections with law enforcement so much the better. You can't get blood out of a turnip, but it is also amazing how quickly some previously penniless people can find some money once they're faced with going to jail. No way to know how this one will pan out, but good luck.

Wish you the best of luck with your problem. I hope he has some assets left for you to get. Take anything he will give you for part of your money as long as you think you could sell it. Something bets the hell out of nothing. Some cash and some items that you could sell is a lot better then coming up with nothing.

I hope you recover everything although having sued plenty of people I can tell you the law favors dirtbags and sometimes you are lucky to recover pennies on the dollar. In the grand scheme of things it's likely you've just paid 10 grand for a lesson. I hope this isn't the case but again when good people fall on hard times which is what it sounds like this Rob has experienced they do drastic things that even surprise themselves.

What about the fact that he sawzalled your suspension off and the car had to be pushed out of the shop on floor jacks and pallet jacks to a flat bed tow truck!

Im a bit uncomfortable with this entire thread....

Ive never been a fan of this forum being used to hash out disputes like this, especially when only one side of the story is given....

For now, Im going to issue a disclaimer that the views and opinions expressed by the original poster do not reflect those of Lambo-power.com, its owners or managers. Any statements of fact asserted by him are his alone and we have no way of verifying their veracity.

My guess is drugs or gambling...

Rob post on this forum...

Sorry to hear about your situation Charlie.. Rob had always worked on my cars when he was at Motorsports of Scottsdale. I never used him once he went on his own, not for any particular reason other than he was far away from my office..

Hopefully you guys can get this worked out asap as NO ONE will win here once the the lawyers really begin their work...

Im a bit uncomfortable with this entire thread....

Ive never been a fan of this forum being used to hash out disputes like this, especially when only one side of the story is given....

For now, Im going to issue a disclaimer that the views and opinions expressed by the original poster do not reflect those of Lambo-power.com, its owners or managers. Any statements of fact asserted by him are his alone and we have no way of verifying their veracity.

:icon_thumleft: :iamwithstupid: This is one of the most professional response.

Motherfucker...What a POS. Hope you get your money AND justice.

We had one of those motherfuckers over here in NJ - Ron Brown (aka ViperTestarossa on this site), and people are still battling the legal system to get their money almost two years later.

Mike,

However you response really doesn't help the situation and it only escalates the hatred. What has Ron done to you?

This thread is intended to inform you not show hate. I have been a customer of Rob's when he worked at Motorsports and when he went on his own as well.

GREAT NEWS - I talked to Rob today and he is wiring $7k into my account today and Rob stated I will have the rest towards the end of the week! That is Great News!

This thread is intended to inform you not show hate. I have been a customer of Rob's when he worked at Motorsports and when he went on his own as well.

GREAT NEWS - I talked to Rob today and he is wiring $7k into my account today and Rob stated I will have the rest towards the end of the week! That is Great News!

Charlie,

Great to hear! I hope it all pans out for you and Rob. :icon_thumleft: Nobody wins once the lawyers get involved in something with this amount of money tied into it.

:eusa_clap:

Good news for you.

It sucks that you had to go through this and what this has done to your mechanics name. I mean, I know times are tough right now, and the timing of all this was leading into Christmas, but the reality of it is....is $9k now worth whatever he could've made from you personally and your referals later?

I guess he thought it was......

Glad to hear it is being settled though.