My New LP560 (no blow jobs required)

jkrutch

Hi everyone...after 2 years it was time to jump back in. I'll always love my '05, but the LP560 is a very different ride. I got the car from Lambo Atlanta and had a very positive experience. There were some things on the car that I wanted and they made it all happen. I added the carbon package (with the 2010 steering wheel...it doesn't have the metal "tabs" on the spokes), Callisto wheels, ipod, navi, and bluetooth. Everything added is OEM Lambo. I'm still awaiting the head unit swap, but that should happen early next week. Here are some pics...not the greatest shots. Better ones coming soon. My fish tank guy somehow made it into the pics as well....lol.

imgp0037a.jpg

imgp0038n.jpg

imgp0036u.jpg

img5257l.jpg

Hi everyone...after 2 years it was time to jump back in. I'll always love my '05, but the LP560 is a very different ride. I got the car from Lambo Atlanta and had a very positive experience. There were some things on the car that I wanted and they made it all happen. I added the carbon package (with the 2010 steering wheel...it doesn't have the metal "tabs" on the spokes), Callisto wheels, ipod, navi, and bluetooth. Everything added is OEM Lambo. I'm still awaiting the head unit swap, but that should happen early next week. Here are some pics...not the greatest shots. Better ones coming soon. Sorry, but I don't know how to embed the pics into the post. Duh! My fish tank guy somehow made it into the pics as well....lol.

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

Congrats! Nice ride

Congrats!

edit:

I posted the pics for you but now I see that you have already worked out how to ebmed them.

Thanks man...I was determined to figure this out! And thanks to all the nice words from everyone!

Beeeutiful car I'm not usally a fan of yellow cars but that thing is stunning.

Thanks! Funny you should say that. When I decided to get the LP560 and was deciding on colors, black and yellow were immediately scratched off the list.

My first color choice was Rosso Vik (having had that prior), but the only available car had a beige interior so that was the end of that car. My next color choice was orange, but after seeing it my wife was not too hot on the color and I really value her opinion on subjective things like that. She has a great eye for color and knows me really well. It probably would not have worked long term for me.

I then decided on balloon white, but when I saw it in person I realized it wouldn't be the one. While at my local Lambo dealer to see the balloon white I saw a yellow Spyder and was totally amazed at how the pearl yellow looked in the sunlight. I was done at that moment. Seeing it in pictures is very different than seeing it in person. Pictures don't show the depth of the paint or the gold undertones. Depending on lighting, the car can almost appear orange. It is really beautiful. I also love the regular white, but there were 3 of those available to each of every other color, plus our new 750iL is Alpine White. I am very happy with the end result. I just got home from running an errand....16 mpg and I wasn't driving it slowly. It gets better gas mileage than either our BMW or (as expected) QX56. Unreal!

Thanks! Funny you should say that. When I decided to get the LP560 and was deciding on colors, black and yellow were immediately scratched off the list.

My first color choice was Rosso Vik (having had that prior), but the only available car had a beige interior so that was the end of that car. My next color choice was orange, but after seeing it my wife was not too hot on the color and I really value her opinion on subjective things like that. She has a great eye for color and knows me really well. It probably would not have worked long term for me.

I then decided on balloon white, but when I saw it in person I realized it wouldn't be the one. While at my local Lambo dealer to see the balloon white I saw a yellow Spyder and was totally amazed at how the pearl yellow looked in the sunlight. I was done at that moment. Seeing it in pictures is very different than seeing it in person. Pictures don't show the depth of the paint or the gold undertones. Depending on lighting, the car can almost appear orange. It is really beautiful. I also love the regular white, but there were 3 of those available to each of every other color, plus our new 750iL is Alpine White. I am very happy with the end result. I just got home from running an errand....16 mpg and I wasn't driving it slowly. It gets better gas mileage than either our BMW or (as expected) QX56. Unreal!

Stunning, congrats!

Congratz, the car looks stunning!

what are the things that you like better in this car than the 05?

Thanks!

Compared to the '05 it is a night and day difference. The '05 had a taller 1st and 2nd gear that was changed in 2006. The torque curve of the previous motor was also not nearly as flat either with any useable torque coming on much higher in the revs. Those 2 factors combined to make it a dog off the line by comparison. That was my only real complaint on my first car.

The handling on the LP560 is a bit more neutral with less push than before. The LP just "feels" better in general with sharper handling and a somewhat decent ride quality. The addition of the rear camera is also a nice convenience. The '05 was a manual gearbox (which I do miss in a way) so I can't compare the trannies. Slightly off the subject, however, the eGear is so much better than the dual clutch gearbox in the GT-R. The downshifts are much more responsive (2 rapid hits on the paddle = 2 gears downshifted) and there's no clunkiness whatsoever. My only eGear gripe is the small paddles. Oh yeah, one more thing...the turn signal and wiper stalks have a very dated feel. Lastly, the MPG on the LP560 is crazy for a car of this caliber. It sips gas by comparison. That was a nice added surprise. That's my take on the LP vs. the Gallardo.

Thanks!

Compared to the '05 it is a night and day difference. The '05 had a taller 1st and 2nd gear that was changed in 2006. The torque curve of the previous motor was also not nearly as flat either with any useable torque coming on much higher in the revs. Those 2 factors combined to make it a dog off the line by comparison. That was my only real complaint on my first car.

The handling on the LP560 is a bit more neutral with less push than before. The LP just "feels" better in general with sharper handling and a somewhat decent ride quality. The addition of the rear camera is also a nice convenience. The '05 was a manual gearbox (which I do miss in a way) so I can't compare the trannies. Slightly off the subject, however, the eGear is so much better than the dual clutch gearbox in the GT-R. The downshifts are much more responsive (2 rapid hits on the paddle = 2 gears downshifted) and there's no clunkiness whatsoever. My only eGear gripe is the small paddles. Oh yeah, one more thing...the turn signal and wiper stalks have a very dated feel. Lastly, the MPG on the LP560 is crazy for a car of this caliber. It sips gas by comparison. That was a nice added surprise. That's my take on the LP vs. the Gallardo.

thank you very much for the comparison enjoy your car in good health!

wow! i love it! those wheels are pure sex!!! what kind of fish tank? i have a 65 gallon reef tank. this is my tank.

Thanks for the kind words re: the car. Your tank is gorgeous and looks very healthy. I love the tangs! We have a 300g reef, but it isn't really 100% done. It got off to a rough start in late 2006 when the company I purchased it from used a pool pump for the tank. It had a brass fitting that came in contact with the water. All the inverts died for a year straight until I finally put 2 & 2 together and called the pump manufacturer, etc. The seller got fired after giving me substantial credit for all of the lost creatures and the new guy (in the pics) got the tank in amazing shape. But then I put it on hold when I sold out of my biz last year and listed my house. I'm ready to leave S. Florida, but the market has other plans for us right now.

The rocks are totally purple and the tank looks great, but it needs a lot more rock to finish it off. Bi-weekly water changes has everything growing like crazy. I'll try to find some pics when I get back in town tomorrow. Thanks!