2010 F1 thread

capt_chaos

Alonso just got smoked, Massa killed him when it counted the most. Great quali session, but this track is about as boring as it gets, Albert Park should be more fun.

Did you see the post quali interview. Massa was looking at Vettel like "How the fcuk did he get there?" so comical.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitty for Vettel, reliability problems again.

Pitty for Vettel, reliability problems again.

:iamwithstupid:

God that was lame, what a bore.....

Virgin and HRT shouldn't be allowed at Australia.

Did you guys see Adrian Newey taking a hacksaw to the aero of the car in the garage? Only HE could do that and get away with it. I was laughing my ass off!

Good race - Surprised the RedBull cars had so much trouble. The Red cars are of course fast, they had most of last year to spend developing the F10. Should be a great season, lots of competition.

Oh, and if that McLaren part isn't "movable aero" then what the hell is?! That's BS.

I guess it would be too early to make assumptions but unless Vettel gets better Reliability......The red cars, Particularly the winner, will run away with this, then again it is only race 1 but i think that driver, with that team, uh oh! lol.

I guess it would be too early to make assumptions but unless Vettel gets better Reliability......The red cars, Particularly the winner, will run away with this, then again it is only race 1 but i think that driver, with that team, uh oh! lol.

the super lame IRL race in Brazil this weekend was more entertaining.........

Though the commentators suck as they they have for years........zero insight

Good race

Really? In what respect?

To me that was a showcase of everything that 'can be' wrong with F1 - no real racing & mind-numbingly tedious.

40+ laps of nothing happening........

Let's hope we get some rain soon!

Really? In what respect?

To me that was a showcase of everything that 'can be' wrong with F1 - no real racing & mind-numbingly tedious.

40+ laps of nothing happening........

Let's hope we get some rain soon!

Agreed, what I caught of it, it looked like a "fast" parade. The most excitement I saw was Massa almost losing his car coming around one of the last corners.

God, what a shitty race! Who the hell decided to let Bahrain host the season opener? Bernie is trying too hard to spice things up but just keeps failing, the old man needs to go.

Alonso drove brilliantly, I would have hoped for Massa to give him a harder time, but it seems as if the car just started overheating at the end and he dropped off. Oh well, 18 races to go, but I can't wait until April 11th, MotoGP is where it's at.

Sorry, did I say good race? I meant good season ahead. :eusa_wall: :icon_thumleft:

It was fun because I was with friends and we were excited to see how the engineering faired over the season, as well as all the newcomers. We decided we should make a drinking game every time the commentators or anyone said "3 years" in regards to Schumacher's absence.

Completely excited for the season, especially when it comes to the more challenging tracks like SPA - but Bahrain sucks. The new parts of the track are horrible and if it went away next year no one would miss it.

I'm one of those who enjoys Qualifying almost as much, if not more sometimes, than the actual race. The technical side really appeals to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Lewis Hamilton fastest in Friday Australian GP practice with Button 0.275 sec behind in 2nd.

Heavy rain affected practise but Webber 3rd ahead of super chin.

Virgin have got permission to re-design their chassis because their fuel tank is too small.

And lastly... as much as I hate to link to the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaon...a-pay-deal.html

Michael Schumacher is banking £30million a year to make the most astonishing comeback in motor racing history.

Mercedes had briefed the press that they were paying Schumacher £6m when they unveiled him as their star driver last December, but Sportsmail has now learned that he is receiving a basic salary of around £21m plus a further £9m in private endorsements.

It makes the 41-year-old German the highest paid driver on the grid, ahead of Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso, whose annual earnings amount to about £26m.

It also places him just in front of football’s World Player of the Year, Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, who earns £29m. However, Schumacher’s current pay is less than he pocketed at his peak — more than £60m a year. He is thought to be worth £500m in all.

The revelation of the true cost of Schumacher’s employment — which amounts to £90m over three years — will come as an embarrassment to Mercedes, who were keen to play down his salary given trade union unrest in Stuttgart, where manufacturing jobs have been laid off as a result of falling road car sales in the world recession.

Schumacher’s extra £9m comes from deals with clothing companies Navy Boots and Jet Set, financial advisers DVAG, mineral water manufacturers Rosbacher and, from next month, energy drink Schneekoppe.

It is a sign of Mercedes’ indulgence of the seven-time world champion that he is being allowed to work for Navy Boots and Jet Set while the team are still being backed by rivals Henri Lloyd, who are said to be unhappy at being usurped. It is understood that Mercedes forbade Schumacher’s team-mate Nico Rosberg from striking his own clothes deal.

Schumacher’s vast remuneration shows how important he is to Mercedes, whose sales slid by 10 per cent last year. He is Germany’s most popular sportsman and a key commercial component for the brand. He is likely to remain a long-term ambassador beyond his racing career, which is projected to last until 2012.

However, it is too early to say whether his signing after three years in retirement is a shrewd move in sporting terms. After all, he finished behind Rosberg in Bahrain a fortnight ago. His next task is to improve on that in Sunday’s second race, the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaon...l#ixzz0jGVvjLFu

I was dying to go watch the race this weekend but all the flights & hotels are fully booked, I'm gonna have to watch it from home now :(

Who are you guys betting on?

I think he gets a C63 Amg.

thanks capt'

i'm sure i missed this somewhere, but why did he fire his father

All sorts of reasons floating about but it is no secret that McLaren were not happy with the situation.

It was announced as mutual because of Anthony's business interests

"Setting up the new GP Prep academy, managing several other racing drivers, including Paul di Resta and karting star Nyck de Vries, and work in football through a tie-up with Mark Blundell's management company."

So McLaren shoved him!