Why do you live where you live

Tuckerrr

I am lost for words, we couldn't build that here for the asking price of that house, is the area very bad, high crime rate etc?

Is it due to the financial crisis?

What sort of rent would that bring?

No Fortis, Mesa is just ridiculously cheap. Always has been. When Real Estate was through the roof, Mesa has always been paced lower than most places, slow appreciation as well. Just a quiet, safe, modest, sleepy, suburban town adjacent to Phoenix, AZ (which is a great city by the way). When I was in college I lived in Mesa. I have a few buddies that own several homes there JUST for rental income. If that's an interest for anyone, you can buy 5-10 houses for income and feel good about it, there's always demand for rentals there...

ON TOPIC: I live in San Diego, because it's the Greatest City in America...Weather (who can compare, OC maybe, but they have more traffic/congestion) was 70F today, no clouds. Business environment (USA's 2nd Silicon Valley, and Bio-tech Central), Real Estate Biz is solid, nightlife and culinary arts are superb, good shopping, great homes and areas; not cheap but cheaper than OC and LA, not a lot of crime.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live here because this is where I grew up and my family is still here and I own a house here in Virginia. I do NOT like it anymore. When the the market is up enough that we can sell, I will seriously look at moving to either Florida, Phoenix or SoCal. I love phoenix!

I live 15 miles from where I was born, this is home and I am happy here. My wife's family is here also and you will not find a better family to have married into. The people are friendly and housing is good. You have 4 seasons that make the year a lot nicer. It does suck right now because of the snow and not being able to get the cars out.

Miami.....enough said

only other place I would like to move to if my income was to increase would be San Diego.

ON TOPIC: I live in San Diego, because it's the Greatest City in America...Weather (who can compare, OC maybe, but they have more traffic/congestion) was 70F today, no clouds. Business environment (USA's 2nd Silicon Valley, and Bio-tech Central), Real Estate Biz is solid, nightlife and culinary arts are superb, good shopping, great homes and areas; not cheap but cheaper than OC and LA, not a lot of crime.

I'd love to move to Sun Diego. Great place, if I could get the same type of work environment as I have here Id move there yesterday.

Moved from the west side of Phoenix about 10 months ago to Northern California, where I grew up. I used to have a pot to piss in, but I knocked it over and now I have nothing.

I live in Prescott AZ, about 80 miles north of Phoenix. The weather is much milder in the northern part of the state, temps rarely go higher than the 90's in the summer and we actually get snow in the winter. I moved up here about a year ago for work and I have a lot of friends and family here. I spent 6 years in Phoenix and will move back eventually, Phoenix is a great city.

I live in the Gold Coast Australia

default_2edb.australia-gold_coast_surfers_paradise.jpg

because we have meter maids

pt-surfers-metermaids.jpg

awesome weather

and you can buy a waterfront property very cheap compared to anywhere else in Australia. Its not a palace, but its my little paradise none the less. But i guess cheap is a matter of perspective as it will still cost you at least 7 figures.

heres the front/side (dont laugh)

2bc40a3e.jpg

Heres the view from my back yard

7b404af7.jpg

Loon if I could find work there, I'd move without even thinking about it, just pack my bags n drive up!!

If this were some sort of contest Looney would probably be winning.

Mostly because of the pictures.

And boobs.

If this were some sort of contest Looney would probably be winning.

Mostly because of the pictures.

And boobs.

OK Let the contest begin!!! San Diego :eusa_dance: :

San-Diego-skyline-from-Pt.jpg

Del%20Aerial.jpg

sanDiegoSkyline1.jpg

879299912_d47094dd1b.jpg

500_san-diego-skyline.jpg

2253663853_3516c20596.jpg

view-from-room-on-the.jpg

san-diego.jpg

san-diego-skyline.jpg

Average Night out:

hot-women11.jpg

And We have The Surf Divas (chicks surfing academy):icon_thumleft:

diva-surf.jpg

post-41-1265105297_thumb.jpgpost-41-1265105297_thumb.jpgSpain.

Freindliest people in Europe. Never seen a drunk person on the streets. Never seen drugs. My daughters, even at the age of 14 could go out at night and come home at 3am, never at risk.

Cheap housing, sun, sea ( 25 mins away ).

Excellent heañlth care ( as I found out while my wife was ill ) Roads where the police come past you and then tell you to go past them as fast as you can so they can hear the Countach sing ( happened four times now )

I would love, one day, to have a small place in the US next to a trout fishing lake and a small boat but hey that is what dreams are made of, with immigration laws there I could only stay a max of three months anyway !!

post-41-1265105083_thumb.jpg

post-41-1265105095_thumb.jpg

post-41-1265105112_thumb.jpg

post-41-1265105131_thumb.jpg

post-41-1265105148_thumb.jpg

post-41-1265105168_thumb.jpg

post-41-1265105185_thumb.jpg

post-41-1265105202_thumb.jpg

post-41-1265105222_thumb.jpg

post-41-1265105242_thumb.jpg

post-41-1265105257_thumb.jpg

post-41-1265105272_thumb.jpg

post-41-1265105285_thumb.jpg

That is definitely on my list! I'm actually driving through for a rally the 2nd week of June, if you're around we should grab a drink!

I picked up a car a year and a half ago in PHX and it was over 100 in the shade!! And I'm worried about the super strict HOAs and anti-speeder cameras/cops..

Also shoot me a PM when you get time and I've got some advice for your social media approach. (Free LPower discount ;) )

Well I kind of did "give up" if you go by what people said in the thread. I realized quickly that the internship I had was run by idiots. So when an offer came up for full-time I decided I could do it better and wanted to be my own boss! Started charging for the social media advice I had been giving out free to startups and now I'm working on picking up some major CPG companies you see in almost every store! On top of that I moved back to South Dakota and went into bootstrap mode so I can launch one company I founded and another that I co-founded. 2010 should be a great year!

And thanks to everyone else for the replies! Let's keep this sumbitch goin'!

I should be around.

In order of importance...

1. My family lives here

2. I work with my family

3. Freedom (borderline chaos, but trust me, it beats the alternative)

4. Weather (mediterranean)

5. 7 to 1 ratio population (7 women for every man)

6. Nightlife (Beirut city has over 4000 pubs, clubs, and restaurants)

OK Let the contest begin!!! San Diego :eusa_dance: :

http://www.ronsaari.com/stockImages/sanDiego/sanDiegoSkyline1.jpg[/

2253663853_3516c20596.jpg

view-from-room-on-the.jpg

san-diego.jpg

san-diego-skyline.jpg

Average Night out:

hot-women11.jpg

And We have The Surf Divas (chicks surfing academy):icon_thumleft:

diva-surf.jpg

Hahaha!

The chicks you posted are from MIAMI!

The blonde Colombian on the right in the Black dress is Fabiola Romero. I went to middle school with her. She is a Miami Dolphins Cheerleader.

Hahaha!

The blonde Colombian on the right in the Black dress is Fabiola Romero. I went to middle school with her. She is a Miami Dolphins Cheerleader.

LOL That IS funny, I googled "hot chicks in San Diego clubs" and that's what came up!!! I posted the first thing that looked decent. haha, my bad...Miami...2nd choice for me, ya tu sabes.

To be fair, I think some of the hottest chicks I have seen going out in the US have been in Pacific Beach (San Diego).

With that said it's still got nothing on going out most places in Europe...

5. 7 to 1 ratio population (7 women for every man)

6. Nightlife (Beirut city has over 4000 pubs, clubs, and restaurants)

are those true numbers or you just made them up? sounds highly exaggerated but Beirut is a must visit for me nonetheless... BTW, there used to be a Gallardo owner from Beirut that used to post here 3-4 years ago, wonder if he still has that Gallardo...

are those true numbers or you just made them up? sounds highly exaggerated but Beirut is a must visit for me nonetheless... BTW, there used to be a Gallardo owner from Beirut that used to post here 3-4 years ago, wonder if he still has that Gallardo...

That's him :) He had a G' Nera, then LP560. Now Lamboless.

Hahaha!

any idea of the girl in the middle? shes an 11 out of 10