I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you have to share the Uzi story!

Where are we on the deuce and a half?? ;)

The uzi is a Vector, built on a Group Industries receiver. I knew that group industries had gone bankrupt and that all their shit had been auctioned off and vector bought it, and then built new guns with the stuff they bought.

So the gun has "vector arms soc Utah" and "group industusties Louisville Kentucky" stamped on it... Additionally, it has a vector serial number (53xxxxx) and a group ind serial number. (Hr4332s).

So on my paper work, I put BOTH serial numbers. And mailed it in... In October of 2013.

About two months ago I get the paperwork back. With a notation that they can't find the serial number I provided, and that I should call them.... So I do and explain how the gun has two serial numbers.... The inspector is VERY nice and can I send some photos of both numbers? I do, and send the paper work back.

About three weeks later I get the paperwork back again... This time it says they have determined that the proper serial number is the HR 4332 number... Cross off the other number and send it back in... I'm not sure about that, but they're the ATF.... They know gun serial numbers right? .. So I do...

Two weeks later or so, I get a call from the inspector again.... "There's a lot of confusion about my gun, because it's already registered to somebody else... As a machine gun.... Can I take some more photos? and... I literally can't send them too many photos...."

"Holy fcuking shit!?!?!?!? "

In between changing my shorts, I start looking up the history between group industries and vector on the Internet.... Group industries existed in the mid 80s.... And bought a bunch of UZI flats from IMI.. And when the gun owners protection act passed in 1986 (the machine gun ban) they stamped ALL of their receivers with "HR4332" -House of Representatives Bill number 4332. The number of the bill that outlawed the manufacture of new machine guns! (with an "s" for semi automatic and nothing for registered machine guns).

They go belly up, vector buys all their shit (including a ton of registered transferable machine gun receivers), and then spend the next two decades finding the rest of the parts they need to make them work... And then start selling them...

The HR4332 isn't a unique serial number.. It's a JOKE model number... And somebody else at some point also thought it was a serial number, and registered it as such with the atf. As a machine gun!

I send all this info (including about ten photos of every part of the gun showing its NOT a machine gun in any way shape or form....).

A couple of days later he calls and says yeah... The vector number is right... Cross off the other number... Put it back in and mail it back in....

AAC Mini4 came in today.

Cool, had to look that one up. Love the short size, wonder how it'll compare to the M42000 in suppression? I have an M4 and putting it on anything other than an SBR makes the rifle quite cumbersome.

Cool, had to look that one up. Love the short size, wonder how it'll compare to the M42000 in suppression? I have an M4 and putting it on anything other than an SBR makes the rifle quite cumbersome.

The M41000 was cheaper when I bought the Mini4 (430 vs 500) BUT the Mini4 was so damn small. If you run it on a 10in barrel it isn't supposed to be hearing safe so I will be running it on a 12in upper. Planning on getting a 16in rail so that it looks like I built an AR version of an HK MP5SD.

Cool, that was sorta how I built my .22 and 9mm AR SBRs. Makes for a good look and functional to boot.

The M41000 is best avoided, anyways.

What don't you like about the m4 1000? Also would love to see some more pics of your SBRs...always up for inspiration!

What don't you like about the m4 1000? Also would love to see some more pics of your SBRs...always up for inspiration!

For one, the QD attachment on the 2000 is way better than the 1000. The M42K is also lighter, shorter, quieter, and has more robust internals (iconel everything instead of just the blast baffle). Since cans are typically something you hold onto forever, it doesn't seem wise to skimp.

Sure thing, I'll have to put up a family picture!

Interesting story, RD. I've always wanted a full-size UZI.

Any of you think prices will ever come down to 2005ish levels? Election season is coming soon and prices will probably go up prior to the 2016 election but then go either way higher or way lower depending on who wins.

AR lowers are looking like a decent investment right now. I'm thinking of stocking up a on a few. Can anyone tell me if the $50 lowers from say "Anderson" on GunBroker are much different from your run of the mill $100 lower? (All stripped).

Interesting story, RD. I've always wanted a full-size UZI.

Any of you think prices will ever come down to 2005ish levels? Election season is coming soon and prices will probably go up prior to the 2016 election but then go either way higher or way lower depending on who wins.

AR lowers are looking like a decent investment right now. I'm thinking of stocking up a on a few. Can anyone tell me if the $50 lowers from say "Anderson" on GunBroker are much different from your run of the mill $100 lower? (All stripped).

PSA. Buy their stripper lowers for 50 and call it a day.

PSA. Buy their stripper lowers for 50 and call it a day.

Awesome thanks! Are their "blemished" ones perfectly fine, even for resale down the road? (I'm buying to sell at 4x what I bought it for or for an eventual build).

Awesome thanks! Are their "blemished" ones perfectly fine, even for resale down the road? (I'm buying to sell at 4x what I bought it for or for an eventual build).

I've never heard anything but good things about them. My buddy bought 3 BLEMs the last time around and couldn't find anything wrong. If you are buying that as an investment for when a panic hits I don't think anyone is going to care if they are BLEMs or not...they can always be re-parkerized or cerakoted...they just want the lowers before they are banned.

I almost bought a 10 pack the last time around and decided to go with the bullet proof vest instead.

I've never heard anything but good things about them. My buddy bought 3 BLEMs the last time around and couldn't find anything wrong. If you are buying that as an investment for when a panic hits I don't think anyone is going to care if they are BLEMs or not...they can always be re-parkerized or cerakoted...they just want the lowers before they are banned.

I almost bought a 10 pack the last time around and decided to go with the bullet proof vest instead.

:iamwithstupid:

This is definitely a "BUY" environment right now.

Completed five custom precision rifles today! Two of them will be used as demo's for our Sniper course next week. The other three are sold and will ship to the customers local FFL. Here are some pics from today...

post-10287-1412209411_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1412209436_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1412209460_thumb.jpg

Completed five custom precision rifles today! Two of them will be used as demo's for our Sniper course next week. The other three are sold and will ship to the customers local FFL. Here are some pics from today...

Specs?

is anyone familiar with the current values of S&W Performance Center wheel guns? A client asked me to assist him in selling a few of his safe queens and I dont know much if anything about revolvers (I've owned a few of the wheel gun "staples"; Pythons, etc.), but don't know how to value these, and don't want to short him on money by selling too low.

they are:

.357 Magnum S&W performance shop revolver, Lew Horton 627-3 8 shot, with a removable 3 port compensator and Hogue grips, shot less than 50 rounds

45acp 625-4 S&W performance shop revolver with a 6 inch slab sided Lew Horton Aristocrat barrel with two compensator ports and Hogue grips, shot less than 50 rounds.

.45 Long Colt is a 625-6 S&W performance shop revolver with a 6 incl flat top barrel with slit compensators (one one each side) and Hogue grips, shot less than 50 rounds

any help is much appreciated

sw-1_zps337d8ba5.jpg

sw-2_zpsa51b8f1b.jpg

3 on sale for $134.99. Not sure what their shipping rate it. I bought an upper and a lower from them for my SBR build.

https://www.surplusammo.com/anderson-ar15-s...eceiver-3-pack/

Specs?

Cadex Dual Strike Chassis

Timney Trigger - adjustable 1.5-4 LBS (we have ours adjusted to 2 lbs)

Stillers TAC 30 action

Bartlein barrel - MTU contour 1/8 twist 24 inch length

AAC blackout - mix between flash hider and mussel break which works great with their suppressors

Leupold IMS Mark 6 mount

Leupold Mark 6 illuminated with Horus Tremor 2 radical - AKA the Gucci shizzle. We would also recommend the Horus H59 radical - every branch in SOF is using H58, H59 or the Tremor 2 radical.

Bipod - Harris. I personally like the Atlas better.

Weapon is $6k without the optic. Realize we can build anything you dream of or want to fit into a particular budget. We also really like the McMillan stocks and Accuracy International chassis.

Someone here better snatch up that 627-3 revolver!

Those look to all be older pre-lock guns which generally pull a little more money. Sorry but I don't know a ton about the quasi-custom stuff, other than newer PC guns usually sell pretty much around retail with a little use.

I take it these aren't in CA at the moment? I'm drooling over that 625 :icon_pray: