I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gun I have on order is the Wilson Combat Supergrade 4" .45 with all the bells and whistles (e.g., tuff armor, laser grips, etc.). You will never want another gun after you have that bad boy!

Sig updated their P226 9MM Blackwater tactial, if you don't already have a 226 I think it is a very nice pistol.

What brand of guns do you like, and what price range? If you like H&K how about a USP, or if you have a bunch of cash to spend why not a Mark 23 Socom, my dad has one and he REALLY likes it.

The gun I have on order is the Wilson Combat Supergrade 4" .45 with all the bells and whistles (e.g., tuff armor, laser grips, etc.). You will never want another gun after you have that bad boy!

I thought you were anti-gun?

Well since you already have a small arsenal, what are you missing?

I dont have an M14.

I thought you were anti-gun?

Not at all. I have a (soon to be) 3 and Emily has 1.

I said I WANT a world where there are no guns; I'm just not going to be the first to give mine up.

I am more anti-assault rifle for personal use. :)

Not at all. I have a (soon to be) 3 and Emily has 1.

I said I WANT a world where there are no guns; I'm just not going to be the first to give mine up.

I am more anti-assault rifle for personal use. :)

Ahhh..... Thats me... Im the "Last Pacifist". (But I also dig "assault weapons" for personal use.)

I really should upload the video of me on the Barrett .50 A few weeks ago....

I dont have an M14.

Get a National Match M14 if you can, star gauge barrel, stiffer recoil springs, hardened spring guide and op-rod, national match, gas system, sights, trigger assembly, and the stock is glass bedded in a slightly larger walnut stock.

Ahhh..... Thats me... Im the "Last Pacifist". (But I also dig "assault weapons" for personal use.)

Kimber Pro Carry II is next on my list. And maybe a full-size with a .50 GI conversion.

I would like to see that!

I guess I should clarify; by personal use, I mean hunting. I think it would be fine to have any 'assault weapon' as long as it was only used at the range or in a home.

Kimber Pro Carry II is next on my list. And maybe a full-size with a .50 GI conversion.

That Kimber is a great gun. It's #1 on Emily's CCW list.

I'm ordering one of these within the next couple weeks. Should be fun for some long range fun in the desert.

Bohica FAR-50

post-7359-1270769900_thumb.jpg

.50s on AR lowers just don't do anything for me..

One can never have enough ACOG equipped AR-15s.

However if there are a lot of runaway cars in your neighborhood a 50 cal is never a bad option. :eusa_dance:

If you're afraid said runaway cars may escalate into runaway Russian tanks (totally possible) maybe you should try to acquire a GAU-8. :wub:

Maybe you are worried about bear defense? A Marlin 1895 could help.

Then theres the damn zombies. Still unsure of the ideal Zombie defense weapon. :eusa_think:

Are you looking to expand your hand gun collection, or move onto some of the power toys? What about shotguns? If you want an M14, lifes too short-get it.

Is it time to give Little Roman some weapons training? What about the misses?

Do you have a 1911?

And if you're going to go the assault rifle route - get a SIG 556 or an AK-47. I bought my AK for $400 and absolutely it is the best firearm for your buck you can buy. It's extremely simple to breakdown and has yet to jam on me (unlike my Colt AR).

I won't buy another AR-15 unless it's one of the developed ones from SIG or HK.

*forgot you're in Cali. If I ever move out there, can I bring mine with me "in the trunk?" And can you even get your hands on one, say, from NV or AZ?

Smith and Wesson 500 or 460. Shot both at a recent demo days at the local gun shop. I surprisingly liked both guns a lot, recoil wasnt bad. I would probably get the 460 because the ammo would be a little easier to find(thats what the S&W rep said anyway). But the ammo is expensive, like $4 per shot.

M-14 is not bad.

I've got a Wilson 1911 that I love and a TJ's Gunworks Sig 220 which might be my favorite gun.

What about a good semi-auto combat shotgun? When shit hits the fan, it will be the best home defense weapon you can have. You can load it with alternate slug and shot rounds for convenient crowd removal or torso removal.

I just picked up a Baretta CX4 Storm. It's a very strange unit, but actually quite a bit of fun to plink around on.

Essentially it's just a 9mm baretta handgun that they put in an assault-rifle-type-ish skin. Put an EOTech halo sight on it and it's a pretty versatile plinker.

I'd pass at the price point ($800 without the Halo) but Baretta holds its value so well that it doesn't really matter.

beretta_stormcx4.gif

If you dont have an ar-15, that would be fun. I think I want my next to be a pistol grip ak-47. I am happy with my mossberg roadblocker:

mossberg.jpg

If you dont have an ar-15, that would be fun. I think I want my next to be a pistol grip ak-47. I am happy with my mossberg roadblocker:

mossberg.jpg

I've got one of those as well. In my opinion it is the best home defense you can have as you do not need to be extremely accurate in your shot, just point to where the noise is and it is no more.