I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

Been thinking about getting a shotgun, what do you guys think of that new'ish KelTec Bullpup KSG shotgun? It is egregiously expensive by comparison to a Mossberg 500, but man it looks great and has a lot of capacity and compact size.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been thinking about getting a shotgun, what do you guys think of that new'ish KelTec Bullpup KSG shotgun? It is egregiously expensive by comparison to a Mossberg 500, but man it looks great and has a lot of capacity and compact size.

Benelli M4

Benelli M4

Love mine!

The KSG was the better option from what I have heard. Not that I am any sort of expert or anything. I was looking at that in comparison to some other compact shotgun - its name escapes me. Nearly everywhere I read the KSG was praised.

Love mine!

The KSG was the better option from what I have heard. Not that I am any sort of expert or anything. I was looking at that in comparison to some other compact shotgun - its name escapes me. Nearly everywhere I read the KSG was praised.

The other bullpup is the UTS. I watched a full review comparing them both, and the UTS was a piece of shit, jamming all the time etc. It did have a nice rail on it, both have flip up sights and dual tubes that hold 14/1 2 3/4 in shells or 12/1 3" shells. The UTS has the ability (although they could barely get it to work) to utilize both tubes without switching them manually where it pulls a shell alternately from each side. The KSG you have to manually switch from one tube to another with a selector switch which looked like a pain. They also are not semi auto, which I would think would be a huge plus to a small bullpup gun like that, but I would imagine that cannot fit the mechanism.

Someone here better snatch up that 627-3 revolver!

Those look to all be older pre-lock guns which generally pull a little more money. Sorry but I don't know a ton about the quasi-custom stuff, other than newer PC guns usually sell pretty much around retail with a little use.

I take it these aren't in CA at the moment? I'm drooling over that 625 :icon_pray:

they are not, they're in PA.. I had one offer of $4000 for the three. I may jump on that, it seems fair to low-fair but will save me a lot of time putting them on gunbroker.

they are not, they're in PA.. I had one offer of $4000 for the three. I may jump on that, it seems fair to low-fair but will save me a lot of time putting them on gunbroker.

$1300/ea is probably a pretty fair price for a group sale, unless there is something super special about one I'm unaware of. I'd probably jump on that.

Anybody know anything about the benelli supernova tactical? It seems better made than an 870 but it also looks like it has wierd proportions and is kinda large. thoughts?

Anybody know anything about the benelli supernova tactical? It seems better made than an 870 but it also looks like it has wierd proportions and is kinda large. thoughts?

While I don't have the tactical i do have the super nova with the tac and 26 inch barrel and that gun is awesome, Ive had absolutely no issues with it and I once put over 4k rounds through it between cleanings (and i only cleaned it after falling out of a duckboat). It is considerably lighter and just feels over all more solid than friends mossbergs or 870's, I also own an 870 and always seem to grab the benelli when i go out (be it for trap, bird or deer). I have actually convinced 4 other people to pick up supernovas after trying mine.

I would definitely recommend picking one up.

While I don't have the tactical i do have the super nova with the tac and 26 inch barrel and that gun is awesome, Ive had absolutely no issues with it and I once put over 4k rounds through it between cleanings (and i only cleaned it after falling out of a duckboat). It is considerably lighter and just feels over all more solid than friends mossbergs or 870's, I also own an 870 and always seem to grab the benelli when i go out (be it for trap, bird or deer). I have actually convinced 4 other people to pick up supernovas after trying mine.

I would definitely recommend picking one up.

I agree, I held a regular supernova and it just seems much "tighter" overall. The Mossberg seems so loose I'd be afraid to fire it, very poor fit and finish as well. The current 870 expresses also seem to cut a lot of corners but I acknowledge they have worked for many years. I def. want to snag the benelli, but I need to make sure it fits me!

Walmart is having a sale on ZQI 308/762x51 147 grain brass case non magnetic. 9.95 with 20% off comes out to $0.40 a round. Bought 68 boxes. Going back tomorrow for more.

Just bought all I could in 223 55 gr soft point. .38 a round

Sounds expensive

Redneckville before Coyote season. About the best you can do. Buy me some and ship it here?

Redneckville before Coyote season. About the best you can do. Buy me some and ship it here?

Online brother. Sgammo.com freedom munitions.com gunbot.com

Best I could do online after shipping was 42 cents a round. FMJ, I could have done better, but not for soft point.

Unless it saves me 50-100 I tend to buy locally. I'm not buying in the 5 figure amounts of rounds.

:iamwithstupid: The only thing I buy in person anymore is .22 and field loads for my shotgun. SGAmmo.com and Gunbot.net are AMAZING!

Best I could do online after shipping was 42 cents a round. FMJ, I could have done better, but not for soft point.

Unless it saves me 50-100 I tend to buy locally. I'm not buying in the 5 figure amounts of rounds.

I saw a pallet of 72k last night and asked my old man if he could store it while I was in the UAE. He was not amused.

What do you mean by soft point...are you talking Hollow Point or some kind of frangible ammo?

Sounds expensive

Shit... Mice paid as much as a buck a round for 223 at the height of the insanity...

NFA Updates for you guys that are tracking the latest info:

AR-15 Form 1 SBR eFiled on 12/03/2013 / Check cashed on 12/03/2014 / Stamped 05/04/2014

GSG-5PK Form 1 SBR eFiled on 12/03/2013 / Check cashed on 12/03/2014 / Stamped 05/04/2014

Huntertown Arms Suppressor Store to Store Transfer Initiated on 02/21/2014 / Completed 05/21/2014 / Form 4 mailed 06/24/2014 / Check cashed on 07/03/2014 / Stamped ??????

AAC Suppressor Store to Store Transfer Initiated on 07/292014 / Completed 09/25/2014 / Form 4 mailed 09/29/2014 / Check cashed on 10/07/2014 / Stamped ??????

Shit... Mice paid as much as a buck a round for 223 at the height of the insanity...

so I take it you're stocking up now?? Prices are so good I'm buying ammo for shit I don't even have.

Thanks for the links...cant go wrong with some of those prices and I need to restock 9mm and .45.

What do you mean by soft point...are you talking Hollow Point or some kind of frangible ammo?

I dont know what it is. Its not a hollow point, I think its a lead tip or something that breaks up more when it hits something. More lethal for hunting, which is what I have my 223 for.

so I take it you're stocking up now?? Prices are so good I'm buying ammo for shit I don't even have.

I buy 22 LR every time I walk by it and they have some. That was going for 100bucks a box of 500, that you paid 20-30 bucks for not to long ago. You can get it again for 20-30.

Thanks for the links...cant go wrong with some of those prices and I need to restock 9mm and .45.

Slick guns.com is another good price grabber. Freedom munitions had a free shipping recently and their prices on reload 9 and 45 is hard to beat. Especially if you're just using it to plink

I dont know what it is. Its not a hollow point, I think its a lead tip or something that breaks up more when it hits something. More lethal for hunting, which is what I have my 223 for.

I buy 22 LR every time I walk by it and they have some. That was going for 100bucks a box of 500, that you paid 20-30 bucks for not to long ago. You can get it again for 20-30.

Post a picture, I'm curious. Do you mean green tip?

People here in Cali were going ape shit and hoarding 22 driving prices thru the roof. At one point i heard of fights breaking out at walmarts so Wally put a 3 box limit on it. LoL. I don't get it.