I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

What are your guys thoughts on an AR Rail system? Do you guys think the KeyMod stuff will take off and turn into something, or is the existing P rail just too embossed into the world?

Or a combo like the Geissele MK4?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your guys thoughts on an AR Rail system? Do you guys think the KeyMod stuff will take off and turn into something, or is the existing P rail just too embossed into the world?

Or a combo like the Geissele MK4?

You are good with keymod or p rail…both are solid and both will be around. I am having a built 300 BO in 8.5" with keymod that will float over the suppressor. Will post pics when I get it in. Will also be able to provide discount code for this company. Details to come soon but by far the best AR platform I have ever had my hands on for a standard package by a manufacturer.

You are good with keymod or p rail…both are solid and both will be around. I am having a built 300 BO in 8.5" with keymod that will float over the suppressor. Will post pics when I get it in. Will also be able to provide discount code for this company. Details to come soon but by far the best AR platform I have ever had my hands on for a standard package by a manufacturer.

Any recommendations on a suppressor for a 7.5 5.56? Haven't been able to find a manufacturer that will warranty one.

Any recommendations on a suppressor for a 7.5 5.56? Haven't been able to find a manufacturer that will warranty one.

Contact Gemtech. I think they should have one that will be covered under warranty for a 7.5 I talked to them at Shot Show and they built me one for my mac11 SMG (that has a warranty for full auto). I am not sure which one it is but should have it in my hands with stamp in March/April. Ask for titanium and if they do not warranty 7.5 ask if you do a Ti 7.62 on it if that will pass for 5.56 warranty for SBR length - worth a shot. If no go try ops-inc

Just remember the 556 round was designed for a 20 inch barrel and minimum suppressor warranty is usually 10.5

I have seen many suppressors fail so it does happen even on the correct length barrels.

Thanks! I will check that out. Worst case I will buy a 10.5 upper, throw a long quad rail on it and add a suppressor to that.

Didnt we discuss a while back why you dont want a 7.5" barrel about 35 pages ago?

Didnt we discuss a while back why you dont want a 7.5" barrel about 35 pages ago?

Yeah but I still bought one. The price was too good to pass up. :eusa_dance:

My dealer just got the Kel-Tec KSG Shorties in. Both the Patrol and the Tactical. Man do they feel nice and they tuck in to your shoulder perfectly. I told him I want the Tactical (smallest one). I like the fact that the front hand guard and vertical grip are all one piece and have a built in light. I will throw some BUIS on it and I have to figure out some optics. This gun has the potential to be my go to for HD.

Very pumped. Pun intended!

ksg_tactical_le_nfa-tfb.jpg

Hanibal, please DO NOT buy that shotgun. I have shot them so many times and my first impressions were good. We had tested these for the cool factor in December and it is a no go. Matter of fact we have pushed everyone to semi auto instead of pump because so many guys under stress would pump it short and not get another round in the chamber. Also semi auto is just faster to stay on multiple threats. I rarely use a shotgun but the shotgun is my first weapon for home defense because of the pros of the rounds ( 00 ) for indoor use, take down rate, and easily hit threat. If you want the best home defense weapon for a shotgun buy an M4 hands down. We had the least amount of malfunctions with that shotgun.

Hanibal, please DO NOT buy that shotgun. I have shot them so many times and my first impressions were good. We had tested these for the cool factor in December and it is a no go. Matter of fact we have pushed everyone to semi auto instead of pump because so many guys under stress would pump it short and not get another round in the chamber. Also semi auto is just faster to stay on multiple threats. I rarely use a shotgun but the shotgun is my first weapon for home defense because of the pros of the rounds ( 00 ) for indoor use, take down rate, and easily hit threat. If you want the best home defense weapon for a shotgun buy an M4 hands down. We had the least amount of malfunctions with that shotgun.

Making me cry! I loved the gun and how it felt. Bummer to hear how poorly it performs. I have a Mossberg 500 now that I love and figured I would get the Keltec and have more rounds in a smaller package.

I guess I will just spend the $$$$ on a PS-90 SBR. Now if only 5.7 ammo would start to come down in price a bit.

Your Mossy 500 is a good shotgun for pump. I agree it looks badass, feels badass, makes logical sense but no bueno. trust me get the M4

Those who like the KSG might want to opt for the 870 bullpup conversion instead. Seems like it would be better, just less capacity. Anyone with experience with this conversion? Im curious.

And nice to see FPS Russia back after all he has been through with the murder and then the ATF all over him.

Not familiar with that Chasis. Looks interesting but no my flavor...

Not familiar with that Chasis. Looks interesting but no my flavor...

I wanted a factory mossy 500 bullpup for the longest time. I think that's what started me down the path of the KSG. Oh well.

I can't stress enough that if you are buying a shotgun and need it for home defense (which will be a high stress scenario for you or a loved one using it in the house) then you should get a semi auto. Do NOT get a pump. For those that are used to using pumps a Mossy 500 or Rem 870 is great but still not as fast or as reliable as a good semi auto. We had no failures on any semi autos and we had user failures of seasoned guys using the pumps under stress in scenarios that short stroked. All it takes is one short stroke to give the threat the upper hand. Here is a pic where we did the T&E. We did so many scenarios, from 3 feet to threat to 50 feet to threat (50 feet we tested slugs). Was pretty kool. by time we were done for 3-4 days we litterally had rows of shells at this range.

post-10287-1391361313_thumb.jpg

I did a one day class and probably went through 150 00 loads. My shoulder was killing me. I can't imagine 3-4 days of slugs/00. OUCH!

So can I get an M4 Short Barrel?

I did a one day class and probably went through 150 00 loads. My shoulder was killing me. I can't imagine 3-4 days of slugs/00. OUCH!

Take a look at the FN SLP as well. Holds more rounds and is cheaper.

Yes, the short barrel is hard to find but they make it.

Take a look at the FN SLP as well. Holds more rounds and is cheaper.

FN SLP is an awesome shotgun as well just a little more particular on what it shoots...some ammo it does not like to extract but easy to find out which ammo works best. We used the FN SLP as well and that was it's only downfall.

I can't stress enough that if you are buying a shotgun and need it for home defense (which will be a high stress scenario for you or a loved one using it in the house) then you should get a semi auto. Do NOT get a pump. For those that are used to using pumps a Mossy 500 or Rem 870 is great but still not as fast or as reliable as a good semi auto. We had no failures on any semi autos and we had user failures of seasoned guys using the pumps under stress in scenarios that short stroked. All it takes is one short stroke to give the threat the upper hand. Here is a pic where we did the T&E. We did so many scenarios, from 3 feet to threat to 50 feet to threat (50 feet we tested slugs). Was pretty kool. by time we were done for 3-4 days we litterally had rows of shells at this range.

What are some reliable semi auto options? Im not real familiar with them. Back in the day they were picky and unreliable. It seems times have changed. I know the Winchester SX3 is a hunting gun, but its lightweight, shoots fast and reliable. Im guessing since FN makes it they might have a combat version. Or someone has something similar.

Bought a picatinny rail Gopro mount today. Going to try it out this weekend. Ill post some footage if it isn't too embarrassing.

What are some reliable semi auto options? Im not real familiar with them. Back in the day they were picky and unreliable. It seems times have changed. I know the Winchester SX3 is a hunting gun, but its lightweight, shoots fast and reliable. Im guessing since FN makes it they might have a combat version. Or someone has something similar.

Charlie is a big fan of the Benelli M4. Also said the FN is a good choice...cheaper but doesn't eat all ammo.

Any thoughts on the new Mossberg 930? It feels like a far better gun than my Mossberg 500

and I like it more than my 870 because it is semi auto. I just haven't had a chance to shoot one yet.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/shotguns/...special-purpose

Yes, the 930 has a competition series that is great for 3 gun! One thing I like being a lefty is the safety on the Mossy - almost like an ambi safety. Another semi auto tactical option by Mossy is the XPS...great semi auto!

Bought a new gun today. Nothing fancy just a simple bolt action .22 for plinking with.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/MARKIIFVSR

Not my pic:

2446473_01_savage_mark_ii_fv_sr_22lr_16_f_640.jpg

I intent to have it looking like this shortly after I get it:

savage_mk2-sr_1660.jpg

And since it has a threaded barrel and it was so cheap I couldn't pass up on this:

http://www.huntertownarms.com/g22.php

g221.jpg

Expected a full report on the gun this weekend (going to do some shooting!) and the suppressor sometime this summer!