I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a H & R single shot 20 gauge from a friend that wanted it gone. Dont know how much Ill actually use it, but its kind of a cool gun. There is kind of a niche for single shot shot guns in the area right now, maybe Ill sell it.

David - Well my friend came thru today with a G3 bag - very nice and was heavier than I expected (feels heavier than even a military rucksack with frame if you can believe it)!?! Love the looks of the bag and feels comfy on. Definitely will handle even my .50 if I take the stock off so look forward to actually using this next time I am out - can put my optics, ammo, etc for shooting long gun all in the bag so will be easy! Also sent me some pistol tacos and a cobra belt…WINNING haahaa. Also took pics of the Crye CPC, battle belt I just got with built in soft armor in the whole kit (I still run side and front/back level 4 plates). I think this will be my new favorite when needing to run full kit. the JPC you see I love for running light...

hahaha i took a picture of my lady wearing the bag the other night, it looks RIDICULOUS. She could probably fit in it if I cut her legs off.... hmmmm. I do love this pack, I am trying to figure out how to lay everything out in it still. I agree it is heavy as hell but feels REALLY sturdy. Did you pull the scabbard/drag bag off and try it on? the waist strap sits REALLY high on my waist and doesn't feel all that secure when attached without the drag bag.

If you have any plate carriers you want to unload let me know!

1891082_10106066156710214_1936866512_n_z

The gun I have on order is the Wilson Combat Supergrade 4" .45 with all the bells and whistles (e.g., tuff armor, laser grips, etc.). You will never want another gun after you have that bad boy!

I have one of these sad its worth every penny

Curious to hear your shooting report of the Gen4 G19! I've been wanting to pick one up.

I've shot a buddies... they all shoot the same to me. I like the look and ergonomics better than the earlier ones. I may have some port work done to it. I had my 10mm glock ported and it was a dream to shoot.

David - PM'd you the info on the plate carriers. Definitely can help you out. If the waist strap fits hi on your waist try lengthening the shoulder straps till the waist strap rests comfortably on your hips to reduce the weight from your shoulders. The waist belt when secure and placed right it will take a lot of weight off your shoulders and displace it on your hips.

David - PM'd you the info on the plate carriers. Definitely can help you out. If the waist strap fits hi on your waist try lengthening the shoulder straps till the waist strap rests comfortably on your hips to reduce the weight from your shoulders. The waist belt when secure and placed right it will take a lot of weight off your shoulders and displace it on your hips.

thanks Charlie! I had the G3 out for a few hours shooting over the weekend, it was perfect, held a TON of stuff and was comfortable full loaded, the only problem I could foresee is unless my stock is fully extended it disappears into the scabbard and I have to remove the pack to draw it.

1926822_10106095793033784_1991533951_n_z

David, you bring up a great point! I will give the feedback to my friend which I am sure you are not the only one that has had that issue. If you have a good tailor where you live I would stitch in some molle on the exterior and use a carabiner to adjust the length - fully extended like your image, then take the tip and fold up to first row of molle and use the carabiner to hold the fold. An easy fix and can adjust by folding over to the length of the weapon. Should be an easy fix instead of just stuffing something at the bottom to raise the stock higher.

Did you get a chance to look at the plate carriers and figure which one is best for you?

I've shot a buddies... they all shoot the same to me. I like the look and ergonomics better than the earlier ones. I may have some port work done to it. I had my 10mm glock ported and it was a dream to shoot.

I've always been curious about the 10mm! Hand cannon!

David, you bring up a great point! I will give the feedback to my friend which I am sure you are not the only one that has had that issue. If you have a good tailor where you live I would stitch in some molle on the exterior and use a carabiner to adjust the length - fully extended like your image, then take the tip and fold up to first row of molle and use the carabiner to hold the fold. An easy fix and can adjust by folding over to the length of the weapon. Should be an easy fix instead of just stuffing something at the bottom to raise the stock higher.

Did you get a chance to look at the plate carriers and figure which one is best for you?

Scene opens with an early morning shot of a sleepy town. Door opens and a bell rings.

David: "Excuse me Sir do you provide tailoring services on luggage?"

Enter hunched over older asian man

Tailor: "Yes we can help with that." "What did you have in mind?"

David unslings backpack from his shoulders and lays on the counter

David: "Well you see I have this backpack and I want to add an additional MOLLE strips right here (as he points to the top of the pack)."

Tailor takes of his glasses and squints

Tailor: "Why kind of MOLLE strips are you looking for and how many (as he squints some more wondering what the heck a MOLLE is)?"

David shuffles a bit and stumbles over his first few words

David: "Well just a row....you see I need to be able to place a carabiner on the MOLLE loop." (David points to a carabiner)

Tailor: "That should be pretty eas...."

David interrupts

David: "You see I need to be able to hang my AR-15 from it."

David starts to pull his AR-15 out

David: "Like this you see....."

LAPD officer walking by sees David pull out the AR-15, upholsters his Glock and fires 47 rounds into the shop missing David and hitting the tailor approximately 35 times.

End scene.

I did stuff a t shirt in the bottom to temporarily solve it, the length is perfect for my 308 bolt gun though! I am going to look at the PC's again today. I want to order one this month.

I've always been curious about the 10mm! Hand cannon!

love me some 10mm! Had a 20 and have a 29! check out 357sig too, another badass round

I want a 10mm but I hate glocks.

Everyone hates Glock, including glock owners haha. Look at a Delta elite! It's on my short list.

Scene opens with an early morning shot of a sleepy town. Door opens and a bell rings.

David: "Excuse me Sir do you provide tailoring services on luggage?"

Enter hunched over older asian man

Tailor: "Yes we can help with that." "What did you have in mind?"

David unslings backpack from his shoulders and lays on the counter

David: "Well you see I have this backpack and I want to add an additional MOLLE strips right here (as he points to the top of the pack)."

Tailor takes of his glasses and squints

Tailor: "Why kind of MOLLE strips are you looking for and how many (as he squints some more wondering what the heck a MOLLE is)?"

David shuffles a bit and stumbles over his first few words

David: "Well just a row....you see I need to be able to place a carabiner on the MOLLE loop." (David points to a carabiner)

Tailor: "That should be pretty eas...."

David interrupts

David: "You see I need to be able to hang my AR-15 from it."

David starts to pull his AR-15 out

David: "Like this you see....."

LAPD officer walking by sees David pull out the AR-15, upholsters his Glock and fires 47 rounds into the shop missing David and hitting the tailor approximately 35 times.

End scene.

haha, around here the police wouldn't bat an eye. I've cleaned AR's on the front porch

I think it's safe to say no one actually LIKES Glocks in the same way you like a beautiful old gun or something like a 1911. Glocks have zero character and no sentimental value to me whatsoever.

I think it's safe to say no one actually LIKES Glocks in the same way you like a beautiful old gun or something like a 1911. Glocks have zero character and no sentimental value to me whatsoever.

The FDE Glocks are pretty bad ass.

The FDE Glocks are pretty bad ass.

I LOVE GLOCKS.

I LOVE GLOCKS.

I love my Glocks as well. I define that love as: I feel the most proficient (of any of my pistols) with my Glock.. and the fact that it is SUPER low maintenance, fires even when dirty as hell, has almost no moving parts, is simple to put together and take apart and clean and has been very reliable.

As far as pistols go (for me) it is all of the above more then any other pistol I've ever used.

Haahaa David and Hanibal!

As for Glocks - I am not a huge fan of the angle of the grip on Glocks. BUT, get the trigger done, re-shape the grip angle and they are money! Only difference between a Glock and an XD is the grip angle in my eyes. So if you like XD's then you will like Glocks. Hard to compare a $600 Glock to another manufacturer that costs over $1k though.

Love my Glock 21. It feels better in my hand than any other pistol I own and that likely leads to why I shoot better with it than any other pistol I own. What I love the most is the SIMPLICITY. Aside from chambering a round, there isn't anything else to remember like forgetting the safety in a high stress situation. With 13+1 it is horrible for concealed carry, but it makes the perfect between the seat/console gun in my truck.