LP550-2 to be normal production model - 2011

AndrewD

Is that the Gallardo Superveloce that some people were talking about? Supposedely even more "aggresive" then the Superleggera.

My dealer has the order forms. I only spoke with him briefly so I'll find out some more details.

Don't believe it is badged as SV. I'm still hoping this will happen, the 2WD superleggera, but there's no news of this

Correction...it will be a 2011 LP550-2, not a 560-2. Available for order as April 15, 2010. Yes it is cheaper, (base price) than the Balboni, has no stripe, slightly different suspension to the rear to eliminate the wheel hoop that the Balboni experiances under acceleration. You will be able to build the car with any options you wish that are avialable on the 560-4 options list. The base car DOES not come with a clear engine bonnett.

The car will also not be a "limited" edition as was the 2010 Balboni...which was not built out to 250 units..I am sure this will NOT make some owners of the 550-2 Balboni happy..and probably will leave the remaining ones that are for sale with Dealrs sit a long tme or drop in price.\

I am just waiting for the first buyer of the 2011 LP550-2 to "add" his own stripe to the car for about $7K less then it cost on the 2010 LP550-2 and have the same car...just a year newer, less cost and a better rear suspension.

As much as I love Lamborghini...some of the the things they do to trash an earlier year car make no sense business wise to me..??????????????

maybe they doing it because the market screams for RWD cars and the Balboni was always going to be a limited edition.

I hope they are right and the market research is correct as far as I know the Balbonis are quite hard to move, the cheaper price is really insignificant by the time you add the floor mats and some other nonsense you gave them back the $7k

Now all the fanboys can get their RWD manual cars I want to see how many of them will they sell, how many "real men" will be writing cheques :icon_mrgreen:

If they insisted on making a Balboni edition. It should have been the RWD version of the new Superleggera. So there would be a hardcore variant of both the 560-4 and the 550-2.

If they insisted on making a Balboni edition. It should have been the RWD version of the new Superleggera. So there would be a hardcore variant of both the 560-4 and the 550-2.

:iamwithstupid:

Curious....what's the timeline for the 2nd gen Gallardo looking like? 4 more years?

They seem desperate to keep the Gallardo production line moving, even when the market is clearly telling them their price points are far too high to do the volume they did during the boom years between 2004-2006.

It's just my opinion but I really believe the Gallardo works well at a price point of say between $170-$190k. I don't feel it works well at $235k+.

The 5.2L car is worth every penny of that $235k, it's not that it's a poor value. It's simply that to 99% of the buyers it's still "a Gallardo" as it was six years ago, except it now has a price that is $70k higher than when it was first introduced.

Now all the fanboys can get their RWD manual cars I want to see how many of them will they sell, how many "real men" will be writing cheques :icon_mrgreen:

I don't think you can get a manual box on any of the new cars.

The 5.2L car is worth every penny of that $235k, it's not that it's a poor value. It's simply that to 99% of the buyers it's still "a Gallardo" as it was six years ago, except it now has a price that is $70k higher than when it was first introduced.

tell me about that re: LP640/670. the price of the car has skyrocketed from the MSRP when it first came out. from 275K ++ in '02 to 475K '10. i think that's a pretty hefty increase.

Was the demand for the Balboni so extreme that they decided it was time to offer a permanent rear wheel drive option? I imagine that the majority of Gallardo (or most Lamborghini owners for that matter) could not care less about 4wd vs. Rwd. I always suspected that potential Balboni owners where more interested in owning a "driver's car" and proper enthusiasts.

Could this mean that more Lamborghini owners are shifting from people who just want to drive around in a cool and expensive car, to drivers who are more concerned with driving dynamics than image?

Was the demand for the Balboni so extreme that they decided it was time to offer a permanent rear wheel drive option? I imagine that the majority of Gallardo (or most Lamborghini owners for that matter) could not care less about 4wd vs. Rwd. I always suspected that potential Balboni owners where more interested in owning a "driver's car" and proper enthusiasts.

Could this mean that more Lamborghini owners are shifting from people who just want to drive around in a cool and expensive car, to drivers who are more concerned with driving dynamics than image?

Since when are enthusiasts not concerned about image? Their image is the enthusiast image. The people who want a cool expensive car talk about how cool, fast, and expensive it is, even though they just park outside of restaurants; the enthusiast talks about how awesome RWD is and how it's such a drivers car with better dynamic, even though on normal roads an AWD version probably has better dynamics given conditions. The enthusiasts might even be more talk than the regulars -- did anyone on here even buy a Balboni? I know I heard lots of pleas for AWD on here, that's for sure.

In any case, Lamborghini will hardly sell any cars this year or next. Not until they release a new model will sales return. They better hurry up, too.

Since when are enthusiasts not concerned about image? Their image is the enthusiast image. The people who want a cool expensive car talk about how cool, fast, and expensive it is, even though they just park outside of restaurants; the enthusiast talks about how awesome RWD is and how it's such a drivers car with better dynamic, even though on normal roads an AWD version probably has better dynamics given conditions. The enthusiasts might even be more talk than the regulars -- did anyone on here even buy a Balboni? I know I heard lots of pleas for AWD on here, that's for sure.

In any case, Lamborghini will hardly sell any cars this year or next. Not until they release a new model will sales return. They better hurry up, too.

The petrol head label comes naturally. Car enthusiasts aren't thinking "Oh no, I wonder if people really think I'm a true gear head, I better read up on proper gear ratios for cars with little low range torque". People who park outside of the hottest restaurants just to be seen and dress entirely in Ed Hardy worry about image exclusively. They think to themselves "Are people going to think I'm cool? I should buy this really flashy car just to make sure".

Petrol heads don't care if people know they're auto enthusiasts. People who show off do it because they are completely dependent on what other people think of them.

:eusa_wall:

yes the posers are shifting please make sure you won't miss the mass migration.