Benny Caiola RIP

Allan-Herbie

oh man, it never said how old he was!

His story sounds like he was a real entrepreneur, Rip!

Benny was a very special person. we used to race each other and he was a tough guy to pass (on the straights) with all the horsepower he brought to the tracks (regular F40, F40LM, F40 GTE, 333sp,1st Pagani, FXX, ect). i used to say to myself, who has it better than Benny at his age enjoying all his cars on track. Benny once told me of a trip to Geveva show where they first unveiled the Enzo. he had seen a Black one, red one & Yellow Enzo. Ferraris staff asked him which color he liked best? he said "i'll take all three".... and he did. wonderful insightful guy who's presence will be missed. RIP my friend.

googled his name..and found a picture of him..is he the same guy who was posted on here before for being the first person to own a LP560-4 coupe in white?

R.I.P..

oh man, it never said how old he was!

His story sounds like he was a real entrepreneur, Rip!

79 yrs young.

Benny had a Flawless Daytona Coupe. he spent $175K just on the Restoration. he needed to make some room in the garage for the incoming (4) 360's he bought so he sold it to my buddy for $175K.

I met him at an Ferrari Club of America event at Lime Rock last year...Really humble guy, and yeah...Quite a collection of cars.

He had his FXX, Zonda, and some 430's there. Damn, did that FXX sound GOOD going around the track!!

RIP!

Jul24_0001.jpg

Jul24_0002.jpg

3756176859_54fc627129_b.jpg

B & L founder Benny Caiola dies

April 22, 2010 06:30PM

Benny Caiola

Benny Caiola, founder of B & L Management, which owns thousands of apartments throughout New York City, has passed away. Caiola began his career as a plasterer after immigrating from Italy at the age of 17, and ultimately built one of the most successful residential property ownership businesses in the city. He was also widely known for owning the most extensive collection of Ferraris in the world. Caiola passed away this morning at the age of 79 after a sudden cancer diagnosis. TRD

RIP - sounds like one hell of a cool guy. Sounds like he will be missed by many.

Damn, Benny was one of the good ones. May he rest in peace.

Zonda.182.jpg

Man, that is just too cool :)

Damn, Benny was one of the good ones. May he rest in peace.

post-19592-1272015288_thumb.jpg

Wonderful letter, and what a heart!! RIP.

It's interesting that he wrote the letter in English, not in Italian.

Terrible loss. Sounded like a fantastic person. Curious to see if his collection is going to come onto the market or be passed along to his children....

Wonderful letter, and what a heart!! RIP.

It's interesting that he wrote the letter in English, not in Italian.

That is quite interesting! :icon_thumleft: