CONGRATS PEAK/HEFFY 266.938MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TURBOALEX

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to be like peak when i grow up!

and a lear jet with a pilot is just a added bonus lol

Me too!!!!!

Not to mention he is a very down to earth and humble person.

I have heard that from MULTIPLE people that have met him/spoken to him. It is great to see success happen to people who are not full of $hit and who are humble. I wish him the best of luck and success in Texas! :icon_thumleft:

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for their support, enthusiasm and positive remarks. Thanks to Ray and Janna Hofman for allowing us the opportunity to be involved in such a tremendous project. Thanks to TJ, Zach, Aaron and John of Heffner Performance for putting in the long hours that it takes to ensure a successful outing each time we take the car out. Thanks to John Mihovetz of Accufab for building us the most incredible Ford GT engine ever! Thanks to Naoto and Brian Sakata for doing such a phenomenal job with the electronics on this car. Thanks to Dave and Francesca Bannister, Chip Beck, Torrie McPhail and many others for their help and support of this program. We have without a doubt assembled a team of people whose skill and dedication will be nearly impossible to match and without their help we could not be where we are today.

With regard to this weekend's event and concerns about the timing equipment I do not have a lot to say. Prior to attending this weekend we were aware that any numbers obtained during the event may be considered "unofficial". The purpose of attending this event was to race against two of the other fastest one mile cars in the world on the same day at the same facility using the same timing equipment. At the end of the day we had the fastest time recorded and we have V Box data to verify the performance of our car.

Anyone that has doubts about the numbers posted for our car from this weekend will be at a loss for words once this fall's Texas Mile takes place, I personally guarantee this and I hope to see you guys there.

"Anyone that has doubts about the numbers posted for our car from this weekend will be at a loss for words once this fall's Texas Mile takes place, I personally guarantee this"

That sounds to me like we're in for a REALLY BIG NUMBER (275+ mph) in Texas, this fall. It sure looks like you have all the pieces in place. They might want to start thinking about changing the name of the event. Because I'm guessing that after this fall, there won't be any doubt about who OWNS it .......

BTW ....... Did Peak really roll up to this event in a jet ........... Now that's cooool!!!!!

"Anyone that has doubts about the numbers posted for our car from this weekend will be at a loss for words once this fall's Texas Mile takes place, I personally guarantee this"

That sounds to me like we're in for a REALLY BIG NUMBER (275+ mph) in Texas, this fall. It sure looks like you have all the pieces in place. They might want to start thinking about changing the name of the event. Because I'm guessing that after this fall, there won't be any doubt about who OWNS it .......

BTW ....... Did Peak really roll up to this event in a jet ........... Now that's cooool!!!!!

i kinda thought the bodyguard with the AR was pretty cool myself. lol (joking joking)

rolling up in a lear jet is tough to beat, unless you own a G4 or 5

i kinda thought the bodyguard with the AR was pretty cool myself. lol (joking joking)

rolling up in a lear jet is tough to beat, unless you own a G4 or 5

Or a private Airbus A380. :icon_mrgreen:

Pretty nice Porsche, but I'm feeling the yellow Lambo much more for some reason. :eusa_think:

I am too especially that I was fortunate to ride shot gun again. Great Job Dino!!! Had a blast!!

PPR Run that was cut off due to equipment malfunction:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

He is on another website looking for a 3 way run with Ray/Heffner and UGR (and calling out Heffner) :eusa_think:

I look forward to seeing that battle if it happens. :icon_super:

I do get more and more worried for driver safety as these speeds climb though.

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for their support, enthusiasm and positive remarks. Thanks to Ray and Janna Hofman for allowing us the opportunity to be involved in such a tremendous project. Thanks to TJ, Zach, Aaron and John of Heffner Performance for putting in the long hours that it takes to ensure a successful outing each time we take the car out. Thanks to John Mihovetz of Accufab for building us the most incredible Ford GT engine ever! Thanks to Naoto and Brian Sakata for doing such a phenomenal job with the electronics on this car. Thanks to Dave and Francesca Bannister, Chip Beck, Torrie McPhail and many others for their help and support of this program. We have without a doubt assembled a team of people whose skill and dedication will be nearly impossible to match and without their help we could not be where we are today.

With regard to this weekend's event and concerns about the timing equipment I do not have a lot to say. Prior to attending this weekend we were aware that any numbers obtained during the event may be considered "unofficial". The purpose of attending this event was to race against two of the other fastest one mile cars in the world on the same day at the same facility using the same timing equipment. At the end of the day we had the fastest time recorded and we have V Box data to verify the performance of our car.

Anyone that has doubts about the numbers posted for our car from this weekend will be at a loss for words once this fall's Texas Mile takes place, I personally guarantee this and I hope to see you guys there.

Congrats! Good luck in Texas!

Congrats! Good luck in Texas!

To all standing mile racing enthusiasts,

After consulting with my team, my lawyer and my therapist I find that I cannot follow their advice and leave this alone. With no offense to Ray Hofman, I am 100% sure that the speed credited to him on Sunday’s run at the Exotics Rally is incorrect. Why do I feel so strongly? It’s simple logic.

Here is Ray Hofman’s run at the Texas Mile in March.

At Texas (after 3 days of runs and on his final attempt) Ray distinctly goes through five gears (not six) and reaches the mile marker in 24 seconds. His time credited was 249.7mph. So far I have not seen a video of his fastest run at the Exotics Rally. DragTimes.com does show part of a run, but it cuts off before completion.

Quote:

“For those who were interested, Ray took 24.1 seconds to cover the standing mile.”

– Heffner Performance

How then is it possible to gain over 16 miles per hour and take longer to get to the finish line?

I cannot leave this alone because my business depends on verifiable accuracy. One person called this a game “played by intense individuals for personal satisfaction.” I can assure you that this is no game for PPR. Unsubstantiated claims hurt my business as well as my credibility. If I‘m wrong, I will…

Quote:

“accept the results, and enjoy the camaraderie of fellow competitors and fans.”

But as of now, there has been no video, no data, no timing slips, absolutely nothing to verify the claims being tossed around. Jason Heffner would need to step up to the plate and post data and an in-car video of his 266.9 run for me to be satisfied.

My verifiable 252.97mph run at Top Gun Run took almost 24 seconds.

My best run at Exotics Rally, where I was told I went 255mph, (yet received no timing slips even asking for them five times) took 23.1 seconds. Unfortunately an electronic malfunction kills our data half-way through the run, but here is the video. You can time it for yourselves.

If Ray Hofman’s legitimately ran 266.9mph then there should be nothing stopping them from posting the video and data to back it up. Hell, when we set our record we were so proud that we had the video up that same night. Also, I haven’t seen Jason or Ray claim the mph the car ran. Sometimes it’s the things that aren’t said that speak the loudest. This isn’t sour grapes. I’m a shop owner playing this "game" with my own money and have an enormous amount of respect for anyone participating in this insane event. I just don’t like losing when the data (or lack of it) might say otherwise.

I propose a heads-up race between the top three tuners in the world. This would be great for the sport and would settle any disputes. Any takers??

Johnny Bohmer