GTT owners.. Ever thought of doing alcohol injection?

Allan-Herbie

Works great to keep temps down and allows you to run more boost on pump gas. It's all about playing with the map and tuning obviously.

Ultimately, what are you trying to accomplish?

Works great to keep temps down and allows you to run more boost on pump gas. It's all about playing with the map and tuning obviously.

Ultimately, what are you trying to accomplish?

Being able to run as much power as possible on pump gas..

Being able to run as much power as possible on pump gas..

It works extremely well, has been well tested and proven in many other venues. As I said it's like anything, just requires the proper tuning and of course a couple safeguards incase a pump goes bad or the fluid gets low.

A light pre-turbo spray does huge things for power and compressor flow, and don't buy into the b/s about it tearing up the turbo. If it's done properly they will outlast your car.

Ideas? Thoughts?

www.alkycontrol.com/

We have not put a water/meth system on a Gallardo yet but we have done it on the Viper. It works great on them. The Gallardo's don't seem to heat soak like the Vipers so we really have never seen the need to do it.

I would think if we used it on our 1000 whp pump gas Gallardo system it would make 1100+ WHP. Which is what our LP 560 R versions make on pump gas.

Ideas? Thoughts?

www.alkycontrol.com/

Dude... perfect ! Now you and your G will be able to share a tank of Greygoose Redbull.. :icon_pidu:

Guest SP_LOTTA MURCI
HAHA!!

Was that you selling the NOS to Paul Walker? :eusa_naughty:

Dont do it! I have known to many motors melt down from either malfunction or other. Either keep the race gas in it or go with E85. Meth injection is for people who are either to cheap to replace the injectors/fuel system, or to cheap to afford the gas. I know your neither of those. So do it right and go with 120lb or 160lb injectors and run the E85 for $2.20 a gallon or just stick with the 105 unlead or c16.

• 2 weeks later...
I ma running meth on my car. Let me know any questions you may have.

You are? Pics? What do you think?Power gains?

I am running it because when I got my car back from Doug, the car was tuned for 10 lbs. only. I didn't feel that the car was competitive enough on 10 lbs, and I wanted to run more boost. If you recall, it barely put down 700 rwhp on 10 lbs. Instead of sending the car back to get bigger injectors, be without the car for an additional x amount of time + the 3 mths it was already gone, I decided against the idea of sending it back. In speaking with Doug, we both agreed that I should just put meth on the car and turn up the boost that way. This will help me keep the AFR down. So, I installed the meth and that's how I am able to run more than 10 lbs and keep the AFR at safe levels. Without the meth, I wouldn't be able to run more than 10 lbs. Well, I could, but I would be playing with wild fire.

As far as power gains, the power gains came from being able to run more boost because of the meth.

What do I think of it?? I think it is OK. I would MUCH rather not run meth and have bigger injectors instead, but again, Doug is 1400 miles away from me and I don't want to be without the car again. Why do I think that? With meth, anything can happen. What if your pump decided to fail under WOT? You get the idea. It is another mechanical component added to your car, and we know mechanical components may not run 100% at all times.

I run a 50/50 mix - 50% VP methanol, and 50% water. The reason for the water is to cool down the burning of methanol. Methanol burns VERY hot, and you should be running a cooling agent (like water) with it.

If you have any other questions, let me know. But in conclusion, I would only run meth if you have to.

I'm running the Snow Performance Stage 3 meth injection kit on my Camaro. Currently running 9psi through a TVS2300 supercharger. The Stage 3 is really awesome as it lets you program very easily by blending values such as boost vs load, boost vs rpm, etc.

Intake temp while at WOT (even on the dyno) stays under 110 degrees usually which through a supercharger is pretty damn awesome.

Did 700rwhp at the wheels on pump gas thanks to the Snow kit.

Highly recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

Since we are kind of on this topic has any of the tuners or anyone thought about tuning their cars for E98? E98 is around 117 octane and costs half the price of C16 or even more than half.