World Cup 2010

capt_chaos

Kaka sent off after a player runs into him and flops like a total pussy in front of the whole world. God damnit someone invent some fcuking rules for flopping and enforce them, this is embarrassing..

The player who ran into him overacts more than Jim Carrey, but Kaka did raise his elbow to hit/stop/push or whatever.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that sending off was just plain horse-shit. The guy was looking for Kaka what with Kaka just been booked.

I think the ref might have played his last game after that, the sending off and then when he was running back with the Brazilian player after the second goal. When I saw the replay I just thought Rivaldo!

Ref did not see it and I think the Ivory Coast player needs to be fined at the least.

Between the Kaka incident today and the ridiculously denied 3rd US goal against Slovenia, and I'm sure many other bad referee calls made just during the WC so far, it's clearly time for FIFA to give up the old romanticized "referee is god" mentality and join the rest of top level professional sports by adding replay and review to the sport. One referee cannot possibly cover the entire field, and mistakes such as these are inexcusable and incredibly costly. It is also time to crack down severely on the theatrics, both with penalties and fines. The feigning of injury to slow down play or draw fouls needs to stop. Lack of scoring aside, no wonder the US has a hard time taking "football" seriously. If these girly men get "hurt" that easily, then soccer just comes off as a game for pussies.

Between the Kaka incident today and the ridiculously denied 3rd US goal against Slovenia, and I'm sure many other bad referee calls made just during the WC so far, it's clearly time for FIFA to give up the old romanticized "referee is god" mentality and join the rest of top level professional sports by adding replay and review to the sport. One referee cannot possibly cover the entire field, and mistakes such as these are inexcusable and incredibly costly. It is also time to crack down severely on the theatrics, both with penalties and fines. The feigning of injury to slow down play or draw fouls needs to stop. Lack of scoring aside, no wonder the US has a hard time taking "football" seriously. If these girly men get "hurt" that easily, then soccer just comes off as a game for pussies.

:iamwithstupid:

Agree with everything. And to add to that, they should do like hockey etc, when the ball is not in play, STOP THE CLOCK. So you don't have this ridiculous stalling, especially at the end of the match. The effective playtime in football is only 50%, it's so stupid. 45 minutes goes to waste just waiting.

Agree with everything. And to add to that, they should do like hockey etc, when the ball is not in play, STOP THE CLOCK. So you don't have this ridiculous stalling, especially at the end of the match. The effective playtime in football is only 50%, it's so stupid. 45 minutes goes to waste just waiting.

i can't believe they aren't fixing these things- it is COMMON sense. we now have video review in NBA last 2 mins, we have reviews in NFL, get with the program soccer. It should be all about making it more enjoyable for the fans and more fair. FLopping can and should be fixed right away!!

Figured out what added time is yet?

First off, to cover old already discussed ground, the US goal never was a goal, whistle was blown for shoving in the box prior to ball being hit, this has been clamped down on for over 18 months now.

Why is it yanks come along and want rule changes because they believe they got a decision unfairly given against them when months earlier they could not give a shit.

Secondly, video evidence is in use but in a way that does not affect the flow of the game. Ref spots it and awards a foul and a card then nothing more can be done. If after a game footage comes to light of an incident then they hand out a punishment, result still stands. It is like this from the top flight to the grass roots. You cannot have rules for top flight which cannot be enforced in the lower levels of the game.

Thirdly, if a player is injured or feigning injury they leave the field for treatment, game goes on.

The game has been played like this years. Don't like it, hang up your vuvuvuvuvuzela and don't watch it.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

with you all the way but towards the end you went off track with the girly men comment.

I am not saying that some of the injuries aren't being exaggerated, they are, unfortunately they are part of the soccer folklore used to your advantage to gain ground on the opponent or other type of gains like sending their best player off the field, it has very little to do with being girly, conniving and devious are more the words.

The ref should police it, he has the right and the tools to do it, but because of whatever reasons in most case they are incapable of doing so that's why I fully agree and support the video referee.

There are also some downsides to it such as slowing the momentum of the game, if you bring the video ref you will have to have different rules for the poorer leagues where affordability of such equipment goes out the window, there are always pros and cons.

Off course I don't approve of the theatrics but it is what it is, I look past that and enjoy the beauty of the game, if you can't see past it you not going to become a supporter of the sport in a hurry and that's ok we all have different preferences.

I am quite sure most sports have various tricks that they use in order to advance or gain something on their opponent, it isn't right but it is what it is.

IMO the mentality of considering soccer players girly men and lack of scoring is the reason why soccer is not popular in the states and it will never be.

Adding a few minutes does not make up for 45 minutes of the ball not being played at all. Time the actual playtime yourself, and you'll see...

Adding a few minutes does not make up for 45 minutes of the ball not being played at all. Time the actual playtime yourself, and you'll see...

Placid I want you to think what would mean to run 90 minutes at full pace :icon_thumleft:

Most players when they get off the field they clocked up in excess of 10 km if you played soccer before please don't tell me you could sustain your pace for 90 minutes straight if you can I want you in my team.

Don't like it, hang up your vuvuvuvuvuzela and don't watch it.

really it'd be cool if the sport moved into the 21st century. I like the suggestions about clock stoppage and no acting. Additionally no game should end in pks. They should pull the goalies in ot. Also they should implement a 3 point line so inside it scores are 2 points and outside are 3 like basketball.

Also they should implement a 3 point line so inside it scores are 2 points and outside are 3 like basketball.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Placid I want you to think what would mean to run 90 minutes at full pace :icon_thumleft:

Most players when they get off the field they clocked up in excess of 10 km if you played soccer before please don't tell me you could sustain your pace for 90 minutes straight if you can I want you in my team.

Easy solution, 2x30 minutes, stop clock when ball is not in play :icon_thumleft:

But football rules are holy and not to be altered :(

Easy solution, 2x30 minutes, stop clock when ball is not in play :icon_thumleft:

But football rules are holy and not to be altered :(

then they would have to keep starting and stopping the clock and then it will be more boring because the game will never end.

The 2/3 point goals and a 2x30 mins game made me laugh.

Same thing annoys me in the NBA, so you got 4 x 12 minutes but it takes like half a day for 1 game.

I did put on a bit of weight I am about 6 kg away from my ideal weight, I will start training again soon :icon_mrgreen:

Having said that I will still be able to spin you around that you will need to be on a double doze of Maxolon to recover :icon_thumleft:

So there we are, Fortis and I up front!! :icon_thumleft:

Mid-field anyone?

Mid-field anyone?

I would love to be able to organise it, is girly man Capt-Chaos in????

Mid-field anyone?

Midfield here :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

with you all the way but towards the end you went off track with the girly men comment.

I am not saying that some of the injuries aren't being exaggerated, they are, unfortunately they are part of the soccer folklore used to your advantage to gain ground on the opponent or other type of gains like sending their best player off the field, it has very little to do with being girly, conniving and devious are more the words.

The ref should police it, he has the right and the tools to do it, but because of whatever reasons in most case they are incapable of doing so that's why I fully agree and support the video referee.

There are also some downsides to it such as slowing the momentum of the game, if you bring the video ref you will have to have different rules for the poorer leagues where affordability of such equipment goes out the window, there are always pros and cons.

Off course I don't approve of the theatrics but it is what it is, I look past that and enjoy the beauty of the game, if you can't see past it you not going to become a supporter of the sport in a hurry and that's ok we all have different preferences.

I am quite sure most sports have various tricks that they use in order to advance or gain something on their opponent, it isn't right but it is what it is.

IMO the mentality of considering soccer players girly men and lack of scoring is the reason why soccer is not popular in the states and it will never be.

I'm saying they appear to be girly men with the pretend injuries and over the top theatrics. Just because that's become part of the game doesn't make it right and it needs to be strongly discouraged. I can't remember which match, but it was refreshing to see one player issued a yellow for just that type of activity. They need more of that from the referees. I can get past the low scoring because I do enjoy the beauty of the sport, but the falling down after a tap is just stupid.

Anyway, go USA!

First off, to cover old already discussed ground, the US goal never was a goal, whistle was blown for shoving in the box prior to ball being hit, this has been clamped down on for over 18 months now.

Why is it yanks come along and want rule changes because they believe they got a decision unfairly given against them when months earlier they could not give a shit.

Secondly, video evidence is in use but in a way that does not affect the flow of the game. Ref spots it and awards a foul and a card then nothing more can be done. If after a game footage comes to light of an incident then they hand out a punishment, result still stands. It is like this from the top flight to the grass roots. You cannot have rules for top flight which cannot be enforced in the lower levels of the game.

Thirdly, if a player is injured or feigning injury they leave the field for treatment, game goes on.

The game has been played like this years. Don't like it, hang up your vuvuvuvuvuzela and don't watch it.

Again, just because "that's the way we've always done it" doesn't mean it should continue. It's wrong - just like what we Yanks said about absolute monarchies. Believe me, it gets tiring and expensive for us to have to fix all the worlds ills. :icon_mrgreen: