World Cup 2010

capt_chaos

Sorry lads, the &^$(^)__& bees are here to stay.

Vuvuzela

Couldn't even hear God Save The Queen Saturday over that awful racket.

I like how people are saying "It's African history!" Really? I sure as hell wouldn't want my country to be immortalized as a bunch of jackasses blowing into a plastic horn to make noise. To each his own though.

I'm going to go eat a cheeseburger, grab a beer and watch baseball and throw things at my wife while she vacuums. :lol2:

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking about American Hand/Football, BTW why do you call it football when they can grab the ball with their hands? :icon_mrgreen:

One more question, how can you guys have a "World Series" without any other country competing? :icon_mrgreen:

I hate rugby with passion, the thought of shoving your head in another guys sweaty crotch in a scramble isn't appealing to me, but at least these guys go at it without all that padding helmets knee and elbow pads and whatever else they find in the grandmas closet.

The only rugby game I would pay to watch would be one of our rugby teams V an American football team if the Americans loose the cosmonaut suits. :icon_thumleft:

Whoa buddy. American football padding is because of the massive collisions involved in every play. The collisions are the essence of the game, where in Rugby it's a side effect when guys are running and bump into each other to get to the ball. respect American Football it's a pretty hard sport. It's called football because of the games beginning of the halves are started by a kickoff.

Dudes running from one side of a massively too-large grass field to the other, for three hours, only to have the game end in a 0-0 tie 40% of the time, and then be decided by hoaky gimmick penalty kicks that have nothing to do with the core concept of the game itself, is all the reason anyone needs to laugh at the rediculousness that is "football". Definitely a justified opinion that the majority of the planet disgrees with certainly, but justified nonetheless.

They are incredible athletes for sure though, anyone saying they're not is crazy.

Think of it like Hockey without the speed that ice would cause. Running and using the legs, head and feet to pass the ball, and strategy VERY similar to what they do in Hockey. Does that help at all?? We get 1-1 or 2-1 hockey games and no one complains... Soccer is VERY hard to dominate at, hence the low scores. Watch HOW the game is played rather than what the score is. You might start to recognize the skill being used to do what they do.

Whoa buddy. American football padding is because of the massive collisions involved in every play. The collisions are the essence of the game, where in Rugby it's a side effect when guys are running and bump into each other to get to the ball. respect American Football it's a pretty hard sport. It's called football because of the games beginning of the halves are started by a kickoff.

And in Football it is called a Super Bowl.

If they didn't wear pads in American Football, you wouldn't be counting numbers of concussions, you would be counting number of deaths per year. It is one of the most dangerous, and injury prone sports in the world.

In Baseball it is a World Series. Not sure why that is either. Could be because we have all of the best players from every country in the world playing on our teams.

Those annoying horns and horribly boring games have made me like soccer even less. Hopefully there is at least 1 good game so it will spark just a little interest in the sport to the 95% of Americans who can't stand the sport. Not saying that as disrespect to those who enjoy soccer. Saying that as a very realistic statement of the US interest in the sport.

It is one of the most dangerous, and injury prone sports in the world.

Not even close.

Even cheerleading is more dangerous than american football! :P

Paraguay gave Italy a run for their money!

Tommorow Brazil!!!!!

Usually their games are fun to watch. The problem with televised soccer is you don't see the actual man to man attacks or plays because the camera angles are usually wide angle.

And in Football it is called a Super Bowl.

Saying that as a very realistic statement of the US interest in the sport.

True, Americans as a culture are too "score" oriented to grasp the "beauty of the game". I've sat with a dude watching a club game once and the guy was driving me crazy, I felt like telling him to leave cause he kept complaining, "WTF , why doesn't anyone score, how can you watch this, nothings happening!" Same thing everyone complains about with a 3-0 American football game. Boring??? Shit I love those games cause you see the essence of great defense, but maybe I'm different...You guys that aren't into it....Just watch the sports center highlights and call it a night. Germany had some good things to see.

Dudes running from one side of a massively too-large grass field to the other, for three hours, only to have the game end in a 0-0 tie 40% of the time, and then be decided by hoaky gimmick penalty kicks that have nothing to do with the core concept of the game itself, is all the reason anyone needs to laugh at the rediculousness that is "football".

You must like handball then! :icon_mrgreen:

Small court, loads of goals and very seldom a tie.

Lets not crap on how horribly awful and boring soccer is TOO much, this thread deserves to be free of ridicule for those who like gouging their eyes out watching paint dry while going deaf to vuvuzelas. They should get to "enjoy" their sport freely.

So this is my last one.

:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

soccer01.jpg

you want to see hard hitting watch Australian Rugby League.

The reason I was trying to ridicule American "Football" was to give the perspective of how uninformed one can be when looking from outside, someone that did not grow watching and playing that particular sport, that and because I "LOVE" sports banter :icon_mrgreen:

Lets not crap on how horribly awful and boring soccer is TOO much, this thread deserves to be free of ridicule for those who like gouging their eyes out watching paint dry while going deaf to vuvuzelas. They should get to "enjoy" their sport freely.

So this is my last one.

:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

the only thing I give you is the vuvuzelas, that is absolutely ridiculous :eusa_wall:

Mako what sport do you like watching? :icon_mrgreen:

Have you tried watching this:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

you want to see hard hitting watch Australian Rugby League.

Eh.......If they hit harder, they would start wearing pads and helmets. Rugby is where Football was in the 20s. It HAD to get to robotic-looking gear. :icon_mrgreen:

Eh.......If they hit harder, they would start wearing pads and helmets. Rugby is where Football was in the 20s. It HAD to get to robotic-looking gear. :icon_mrgreen:

I am not talking to you until I see the photos you've promised me :icon_mrgreen:

I have yet to see one good game, this is by far the most boring World Cup ever. Brrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have yet to see one good game, this is by far the most boring World Cup ever. Brrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I agree. Brazil plays in 45 minutes. Hopefully they'll add some excitement.

I liked the England/USA match. Although that is the only match I've watched so far...

A dull scoreline doesn't necessarily make for a dull game, in my opinion. I can accept that you may have felt bummed out during the second half if you were rooting the for US, though, they weren't getting much done.

Definitely agree with everyone about the atmosphere. These fcuking horns just kill it, and there's hardly any chanting (presumably because of the horns). Atmosphere, like alcohol, is an essential part of football, and it looks like this won't be anything like as enjoyable a world cup as 2006. FIFA have royally screwed up here, but it's not too late to do something about it.

Brazil is boring too.

Hope that was sarcasm, that was a pretty fun game! Bastos emerging as a total pimp!! he might be the reason big R is not playing