Talk to me about new cell phone options.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Guest Rob Burgundy

Apple is supposed to be releasing the new Iphone today and I have never had a Iphone before but Im thinking I might want to try one out. I know there are some other phones out like the new HTC. I honestly have no idea which ones are the best or what new stuff they have incorporated in to them that I might like..So what should I be getting and why?

I use AT&T service.

Wait a couple of hours until the WWDC keynote is over. Right now all the new features are being discussed re: the new iphone. I love my iphone and get tons and tons of use out of it.

Nokia E52!!!

Screw "smartphones" without a keypad, I hate them both in Windows, Andriod and iPhone format! They make texting while driving a real hazard :icon_mrgreen:

Plus they are all too big.

Guest Rob Burgundy
They make texting while driving a real hazard :icon_mrgreen:

LOL :lol2:

Guest Rob Burgundy
Get the new iPhone...you will NOT be disappointed.

Im watching the live stream you posted and Im pretty impressed so far. I guess I just feel like since Ive never owned one and so many people have and this being the 4th generation Im going to be trying to use a phone that will have features and tricks to it that I wont know about and look like a dummy trying to use.

To me there are only 3 options. Apple, Android or Blackberry.

AT&T has crap for Android phones which is sad.

If I were on AT&T I would go with the iPhone.

Guest Rob Burgundy
To me there are only 3 options. Apple, Android or Blackberry.

AT&T has crap for Android phones which is sad.

If I were on AT&T I would go with the iPhone.

I should have waited to post this thread..I didnt realize that the wwdc thread was about the Iphone and after seeing the new phone and features and where im already on AT&T with an exsisting data plan I think Im sold.

Im watching the live stream you posted and Im pretty impressed so far. I guess I just feel like since Ive never owned one and so many people have and this being the 4th generation Im going to be trying to use a phone that will have features and tricks to it that I wont know about and look like a dummy trying to use.

If this post means your worried about everyone doing stuff with their phones that you dont know how.

The Iphone is really easy to use.

With the Iphone comes the option to jailbreak which means allow it to use aps not approved by Apple. <<<<< this might conern you if Im correct about your post meaning but you dont need to jailbreak the phone to use it.

Guest Rob Burgundy
If this post means your worried about everyone doing stuff with their phones that you dont know how.

The Iphone is really easy to use.

With the Iphone comes the option to jailbreak which means allow it to use aps not approved by Apple. <<<<< this might conern you if Im correct about your post meaning but you dont need to jailbreak the phone to use it.

Ya I was basically just saying everyones had 5 years to figure out how to do all the cool apps and work the phone and I just think Its going to have a bunch of stuff on it I wont even know is there. Maybe Ill have to find someone to give me a Iphone tutorial. I dont even know how to use I tunes or sync stuff with the phone to my computer..

Ya I was basically just saying everyones had 5 years to figure out how to do all the cool apps and work the phone and I just think Its going to have a bunch of stuff on it I wont even know is there. Maybe Ill have to find someone to give me a Iphone tutorial. I dont even know how to use I tunes or sync stuff with the phone to my computer..

Rob,

iPhone is really easy to use. Apple.com has video tutorials to teach what u don't know. iTunes is easy. You'll get the basics in an hour from anyone that owns an iPhone.

iPhone without a doubt, I used to change phones every six months, I stopped doing that since I bought the iPhone, very easy to use, my 6 year old send text messages to her 5 year old cousin :lol2:

The most annoying thing about it is when you go out with friends everyone at the table has one.

Guest Rob Burgundy
Rob,

iPhone is really easy to use. Apple.com has video tutorials to teach what u don't know. iTunes is easy. You'll get the basics in an hour from anyone that owns an iPhone.

Alright,cool! Plus I want to make sure Im a fully capable user so I can easily connect with our female video chats ;)

With the last few phones Ive had going from a Nokia N95 to the Blackberry Bold and having to learn a completley deifferent format and typing style I guess Ill just re-learn again.

Rob,

Yes what he said. the Phone is very user friendly. dont worry about jailbreaking the phone.

What are the thoughts on Sprint's new Evo 4g phone?

I was told ATT has crap service by a few people...

That's the one I'm aiming for. I am looking to switch networks so it will be a good deal for me. Sprint has very attractive pricing on service it seems. However, do NOT get this phone until it is confirmed for sure that it will get the Android 2.2 "Froyo" update, which will make it much faster and add some more features. After playing with the Evo 4G and witnessing that glorious huge screen, I don't even want any other phone with a smaller one.

I am currently using an iPhone 3G and I don't like it much. The main thing that sucks is the lack of multitasking. Looks like the iPhone 4 will have it, but only with the apps that Steve Jobs approves to multitask...

Get one of the top Android phones if you like technology and customizing your gadgets, get the iPhone if you want something that "just works" and also if you like bending over for Steve Jobs.

Nokia E52!!!

Screw "smartphones" without a keypad, I hate them both in Windows, Andriod and iPhone format! They make texting while driving a real hazard :icon_mrgreen:

Plus they are all too big.

The Android phones have a talk to text feature works really great for the driving and texting.

For my I am going to be getting the HTC Incredible once Im up for an upgrade next week. I would say screw AT&T and get Verizon. The only bad thing Ive heard about this phone is battery life, which as long as you kill some useless apps it helps.

Android lets you customize your phone while Apple lets you customize what they want you to. I agree you must wait for the 2.2 Froyo to be released it's what Apple is secretly concerned about.

The Android phones have a talk to text feature works really great for the driving and texting.

Good luck doing that in a Diablo with 120 dB in the cockpit... in Norwegian :lol2:

I'm thinking of getting the Dell Streak. An Android based smartphone/tablet with a 5" screen.

http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/b/...oid-tablet.aspx

Damn, I havn't really been paying attention to this, but looks awesome. I especially like how they put extra work into customizing the Android interface to make sure it takes full advantage of the larger screen, something that seems lacking on the HTC Evo 4G. As long as the resolution is high enough to still look sharp at that size (in other words, hopefully it has retina technology :lol2: ), it should be awesome. The size is a bit worrisome, not sure if it would even fit into a jeans pocket.

Edit:

Lol, check out the glass strength: http://www.viddler.com/explore/engadget/videos/1449/