Nath4N

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would even take it in pink :icon_mrgreen:

Any Veyrons made in RHD?

I'd take it in ANY color.

Don't know but I doubt it. Something tells me the engineers would kill themselves if they were told they had to relocate everything to the right side!! :lol2:

Good to hear that it took the record back from that god awful SSC Ultimate Aero.

:iamwithstupid: i bet the Aero can't go any faster then this..before it'll fall apart..lol

imo i think the other Veyron looks better..not a fan of that paint scheme and don't like that roof either..also that rims..and that exhaust.. :lol2: give me a Mansory edition Veyron :headbang:

while i dont like them painted orange...those are definetly the prettiest wheel option so far for the Veyron.

Strangely it wouldnt surprise me a bit to see SSC come back over the top of 267mph and retake worlds fastest "production car"...not that that would take anything away from the Veyron IMO.

Why is black and orange significant for the record? Other then that I love it. Even the new engine cover.

The fact that production cars are reaching these sorts of specs these days is phenomenal, amazing piece of engineering.

However now im wondering what the total amount of veyrons produced is, anyone know? I just wonder how many of the original purchases were made thinking there were only going to be about ~150 made

Edit: Also wonder what they did about the tires...

However now im wondering what the total amount of veyrons produced is, anyone know? I just wonder how many of the original purchases were made thinking there were only going to be about ~150 made

Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. has sold 260 Veyrons and 35 Grand Sports by now, of which 249 Veyrons and 22 Grand Sports had been delivered. The Super Sport will begin production this autumn at Molsheim along with the Veyron and the Grand Sport.

Only 5 of these carbon/orange Super Sports editions will be built, and ONLY 1 of those 5 are coming to the US. The other 4 are sold to other countries. Can you guess which dealer sold the US car? :icon_mrgreen:

Photos to follow.......

Only 5 of these carbon/orange Super Sports editions will be built, and ONLY 1 of those 5 are coming to the US. The other 4 are sold to other countries. Can you guess which dealer sold the US car? :icon_mrgreen:

Photos to follow.......

Im guessing that is going to (what i think I remember as) that customer of yours with the matte white and black Veyron sang blanc (which i still think is hands down the most beautiful veyron ever.)

Im guessing that is going to (what i think I remember as) that customer of yours with the matte white and black Veyron sang blanc (which i still think is hands down the most beautiful veyron ever.)

Any pics? Sounds like automotive perfection!

~1700HP

Where are you getting that figure? As slippery as it is, it shouldn't take much more HP than what it has. It's all in the tires.

I really, really appreciate the engineering and quality of the VW Bugatti masterpiece.

Unfortunately, they all look like a car built by Nissan or Toyota. There is nothing Italian about their looks. In fact, I think it may be the ugliest car ever made. I can totally understand why people like it from an engineering perspective, but the looks... they are eyesores. Just my humble opinion. I could never own a car that I do not love the looks of.

The Bugatti's are great science experiments with no style.

I really, really appreciate the engineering and quality of the VW Bugatti masterpiece.

Unfortunately, they all look like a car built by Nissan or Toyota. There is nothing Italian about their looks. In fact, I think it may be the ugliest car ever made. I can totally understand why people like it from an engineering perspective, but the looks... they are eyesores. Just my humble opinion. I could never own a car that I do not love the looks of.

The Bugatti's are great science experiments with no style.

You do realise that Bugatti is French? Understated class.

TopGear.com about the new record

Now, we wouldn’t want to give anything away, but you know how TopGear has always been pretty intimately involved with high-speed runs in the Veyron? Remember, for example, James’s blast to 253mph in Series 9? Well, let’s just say… it would have been a bit strange for us not to have been part of this astonishing record run in some capacity. We’re not saying any more, but keep a close eye on all things TopGear in the coming weeks…

It'd need roughly 2000hp to do this.

Coefficient of drag = .39

Top speed = 300mph

Weight = 4486 + 200lb (driver) = 4686

Frontal area = 22.3ft.

Horsepower needed is 2012

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/aerohpcalc.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezflow_sit...5392aa12d9a.pdf

Link says .39 for COD, but I that's in normal form. when the car lowers, it'll go down I believe to .36, in which case you need only 1800hp.