First pics of 1200hp Veyron Supersports

Nath4N

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up being lucky enough to be the first customer to do a test drive on it. It ended up happening because I told them I couldn't make it for their official test drive event in France early September. Depending on what I can get 'trade in' for my Bugatti, I will be purchasing one. Minor video:

ps. you'll see my bugatti in the foreground -- I ended up shipping it to Pebble Beach and driving it there.

QUOTE (R o b @ Aug 19 2010, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I ended up being lucky enough to be the first customer to do a test drive on it. It ended up happening because I told them I couldn't make it for their official test drive event in France early September. Depending on what I can get 'trade in' for my Bugatti, I will be purchasing one. Minor video:

ps. you'll see my bugatti in the foreground -- I ended up shipping it to Pebble Beach and driving it there.

Congrats Rob !!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_super:

What color combo will you choose this time? That blue carbon one looks gorgeous but I bet it is a pricy option.

I haven't even considered the color combo right now, I've got 6 months to choose.

The price is 1.95 mil euros if you want that exposed carbon fiber, but its 300,000 euros less if you pick a normal paint job. So I'll be sticking to the normal.

Two deposits of $450,000 -- one on signing the contract, the other about 6 months before production. If I get mine, its going to be late 2011 before I recieve it.

Congrats Rob !!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_super:

What color combo will you choose this time? That blue carbon one looks gorgeous but I bet it is a pricy option.

QUOTE (R o b @ Aug 20 2010, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't even considered the color combo right now, I've got 6 months to choose.

The price is 1.95 mil euros if you want that exposed carbon fiber, but its 300,000 euros less if you pick a normal paint job. So I'll be sticking to the normal.

Two deposits of $450,000 -- one on signing the contract, the other about 6 months before production. If I get mine, its going to be late 2011 before I recieve it.

300k euros? :shock: That's crazy.

300k for the CF?? That´s crazy!

Did you feel a big difference in acceleration compared to your veyron?

acceleration in the veyron = the feel you get accelerating in a jet plane

acceleration in the supersports = the feel you get accelerating in a jet plane + the hand of god pushing you from behind.

The 0-60 is the same, but it continues to pull harder and faster the faster you go. I actually started feeling the tug on my face like the acceleration curve increases the faster you go.

The spoiler comes up at 137mph in a normal veyron, but in the supersports it comes up at 115mph -- because it gets to 140 that much faster. Handling is improved as well, more responsive, and feels 'ligher'. In fact the whole suspension/esp system is upgraded. Brakes have improved cooling, but they aren't 'bigger' as some people were saying. The car drives about 1/2 inch lower than the veyron as well.

oh yes, btw this car is the 'prototype', so the interior wasn't completely finished, and the supersports will come with a button to 'raise' the car to normal veyron height like a murcielago has for the front. The test driver Pierre was nervous about the test drive because it was so impromptu -- I didn't fill out any waivers, and so an accident would suck for them. Anyways, the car was returned in one piece, and I really want one.

Not really my business, but rumor has it here in Orlando that Nelson (who currently has a Sang Noir and a CF Blue Grandsport) is selling his Sang Noir for a Supersports.

According to bugatti, 2 of the 30 supersports (that have been locked down with the $450,000 deposit) are going to US-based customers. So its not many. I met one of those future owners, he has 3 veyrons already. Ah, US is becoming the 3rd world country lol

• 3 weeks later...

I saw one at Quail. Very nice and I like the NACA ducts a lot more than the scoops. The Carbon was wonderful and definitely IMO worth it if one is buying one. That said the car is 10 years old and from what they told me most sales were going to already owners. Not sure that another car like this one will ever be built.

I wonder if anyone would SERIOUSLY consider the orange wheels ? :eusa_think:

The carbon and orange wheels i believe were a special edition that they made 5 of. I believe they were all sold too.

The carbon and orange wheels i believe were a special edition that they made 5 of. I believe they were all sold too.

Correct the 5 are called the World Speed Record edition

The rest are just called Super Sport

Test drive is in the South of France

Correct the 5 are called the World Speed Record edition

The rest are just called Super Sport

Test drive is in the South of France

don't forget your camera, we're expecting lots of pics and impressions :icon_mrgreen: