Immigration question

Rawr

There is someone who finished school on a student visa, and had worked for a company here for a year, but now has to either find a sponsor company or go home, and would like to stay for at least a couple months more to see what opportunities might come. She is a very bright girl who graduated top of her class and not bad looking too.

I remember someone mentioning there are certain ways you can do it at least for a short while. Besides going back to grad school what can she do?

Thanks

Guest Rob Burgundy
She is a very bright girl who graduated top of her class and not bad looking too.

There are certain things I could "arrange" for certain things in "exchange"..Capeche?

There are certain things I could "arrange" for certain things in "exchange"..Capeche?

Vito Corleone: [in Italian] Do me this favor. I won't forget it. Ask your friends in the neighborhood about me. They'll tell you I know how to return a favor.

If she doesn't mind dropping 500k this is an option: http://businessvisasusa.net/how-it-works.htm

Personally I am in the same situation. However, I am taking this opportunity to move elsewhere for a few years. If I still want to live in the US in a few years I'll drop the money for the investor visa if I haven't won green card lottery by then.

Other then that her options are limited. She could re-enter as a tourist, but would not be allowed to work.

I remember someone mentioning suing yourself in court and letting it drag out for as long as you can, while there is a case you can stay in the country. Does that still work?

I remember someone mentioning suing yourself in court and letting it drag out for as long as you can, while there is a case you can stay in the country. Does that still work?

Please Dear God tell me our justice system isn't THAT fucked up!

Before her current I-20 runs out,, one of the least expensive and easier ways is to sign up whatever classes of another school/university

most likely private universities willing to issue her new I-20 or some kind of permit to help her to extend her stay legally in the States.

Every other means cost a lot more.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

and people get mad at 1070. This is a good joke, hopefully thats it.

If she doesn't mind dropping 500k this is an option: http://businessvisasusa.net/how-it-works.htm

Personally I am in the same situation. However, I am taking this opportunity to move elsewhere for a few years. If I still want to live in the US in a few years I'll drop the money for the investor visa if I haven't won green card lottery by then.

Other then that her options are limited. She could re-enter as a tourist, but would not be allowed to work.

Sprite will the $500k be ever returned to you? Will you get any interest on your money or you just buy yourself a $500k green card?

Sprite will the $500k be ever returned to you? Will you get any interest on your money or you just buy yourself a $500k green card?

It's an investment, but they are at risk investment. I have not researched exactly how "high risk" these investments are. I would say there is at least a chance you could lose it all. I suppose you could also luck out and end up making money. It seems to be the most straightforward way to get you and your family into the country though if you go that route.

Basically it means start a business. Whether it be Real Estate or whatever. Invest at least $500k into the formation and creation of infrastructure, property and employees or private contractors and you can stay under an investors visa. I know many restaurant owners from Mexico that have come over and done this. Open a restaurant and they get the Visa. Strange but simple.

So yes as Sprite said it IS an 'at risk' investment. But thats the point of it being called an "investrs visa". You are investing in to the US economy through starting a biz...

Oh my god, this is the best idea I have ever heard. Why didn't I think of it earlier....

I'm going to sue myself for everything I'm worth. If I win, and add those winnings to my net worth, I will double my net worth just like that.

sounds quite good.

Swil can it be passive investment ( RE commercial or residential buildings) or must provide employment.

I think I'm very familiar with this situation.

Easiest way?

Find her a fake bf/husband who has residency, pay him some cash.

or fake employment. find a small business, whether she works there or not she pays the employer some money.

I think I'm very familiar with this situation.

Easiest way?

Find her a fake bf/husband who has residency, pay him some cash.

or fake employment. find a small business, whether she works there or not she pays the employer some money.

I don't think fake boyfriend would mean anything? And anyone knows how much this sponsorship is for the employer, last I heard it was 5k?

sounds quite good.

Swil can it be passive investment ( RE commercial or residential buildings) or must provide employment.

If you invest $1,000,000 it offers more flexibility. For the 500k it has to be an investment in a rural/poverty area into a State sponsored company. There are companies specifically set up for this though, so your role doesn't have to be more involved than sending the money and they handle everything else for you.

I don't think fake boyfriend would mean anything? And anyone knows how much this sponsorship is for the employer, last I heard it was 5k?

The employer also has to prove that she has qualifications that an American doesn't have or can't find an American that can do the job. Prove that they have searched for an American to do the job, etc. They will have to pay attorney fees, ICE fees, etc. I think it would cost more than $5K for the company.

If she becomes a student again, she will not be allowed to work. Her current company cannot sponsor her? What if she offered to pay for all their costs to sponsor her?

What country is she from? What is her specialty she can offer an American company that they will have difficulty finding in an American?

If you invest $1,000,000 it offers more flexibility. For the 500k it has to be an investment in a rural/poverty area into a State sponsored company. There are companies specifically set up for this though, so your role doesn't have to be more involved than sending the money and they handle everything else for you.

what are the benefits if you spend $1 mil?

When can you cash out the $500k or whatever will be left of it?

Thank you Sprite

sounds quite good.

The employment you provide is the contracted individuals and their employees building the commercial and residential buildings you purchase.

Ah Sprite, I think you are referring to something else, because I know personally people close to me that got an investors visa through their attorney after filing the paperwork and plans to design and start a business. And it is right in the middle of the city. Maybe their attorney set something up for them in the manner of which you explain, but I have never heard of that before.

The employment you provide is the contracted individuals and their employees building the commercial and residential buildings you purchase.

Ah Sprite, I think you are referring to something else, because I know personally people close to me that got an investors visa through their attorney after filing the paperwork and plans to design and start a business. And it is right in the middle of the city. Maybe their attorney set something up for them in the manner of which you explain, but I have never heard of that before.

Might be different. I was referring to an EB-5 VISA. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EB-5_visa )

The EB-5 visa for Immigrant Investors is a United States visa created by the Immigration Act of 1990. This visa provides a method of obtaining a green card for foreign nationals who invest money in the United States.[1] To obtain the visa, individuals must invest at least $1 million, creating at least 10 jobs.[2]

By investing in certain qualified investments or regional centers with high unemployment rates, the required investment amount is $500,000. The Immigrant Investor Pilot Program was created by Section 610 of Public Law 102-395 on October 6, 1992. This was in accordance to a Congressional mandate aimed at stimulating economic activity and job growth, while allowing eligible aliens the opportunity to become lawful permanent residents. This "Pilot Program" required only $500,000 of investment in exchange for permanent resident status. The investment could only be received by an economic unit defined as a Regional Center.

A Regional Center is defined by any economic unit, public or private, engaged in the promotion of economic growth, improved regional productivity, job creation and increased domestic capital investment. Prior law required the investment in the Regional Center to generate an increase in export sales, however statutory amendments in 2000 and 2002 no longer require this increase. The individual receiving the visa is not required to actively manage the business invested in. For investors who wish to invest in a new or existing business, have an active role in the management of the operation (although simply being a Limited partner in the organization that owns the business qualifies as "AN ACTIVE ROLE."), and have at least one million US dollars to invest ($500,000 if the business is located in certain areas deemed as Rural or with very high unemployment), then the traditional EB-5 visa is the best option. Start Up visa Act Bill was introduced in Senate on February 24, 2010 by Senators Lugar and Kerry.[3] It is in fact a modified EB-5 Visa to create more jobs in America and it may be called as EB-6 Visa.

yeh, i think if it's a bf, they need to stay at least 2 years

The employer also has to prove that she has qualifications that an American doesn't have or can't find an American that can do the job. Prove that they have searched for an American to do the job, etc. They will have to pay attorney fees, ICE fees, etc. I think it would cost more than $5K for the company.

If she becomes a student again, she will not be allowed to work. Her current company cannot sponsor her? What if she offered to pay for all their costs to sponsor her?

What country is she from? What is her specialty she can offer an American company that they will have difficulty finding in an American?

She speaks 3 languages fluently and can get by in 2 more. Can do all sorts of crazy stuff with regressions and analysis, is totally not the typical "all about me attention whoring" american chick, and has quick wit and sense of humor. Plus she has not ever said "lol" in a text message.

If she's gay and her home country has laws against gays, she can seek refuge in the US...

Any you can share the video with us :eusa_dance: