Champagne

sprite

Deuce, I must say I am impressed!

Here's how it goes:

If you are a hardcore hip hop / Rap guy probably : ace of spades , Crystal or Dom (to much MTV)

If you like the looks , taste , status but budget still matters : veuve , moet , Perrier J

If you love it and know about it : Salon or Krug

My Toughts :)

Here's how it goes:

If you are a hardcore hip hop / Rap guy probably : ace of spades , Crystal or Dom (to much MTV)

If you like the looks , taste , status but budget still matters : veuve , moet , Perrier J

If you love it and know about it : Salon or Krug

My Toughts :)

I guess there are a lot of parallels to the watch world here....where the flashy and known brands are looked down upon by the true cognoscenti.

:icon_mrgreen:

Deuce, I must say I am impressed!

Thank you! Truly one of my greatest hobbies, I have been collecting for quite some time.

You cannot beat Armand (Ace of Spades), the dryest crispest taste. And expensive enough to only be bought for special occasions, and therefore be really appreciated. Here's one I just pulled out of the cooler to celebrate the arrival of our twins ! It doesn't get a more special occasion than that !

DSC01885.JPG

I was at a 'do' the other day, and was presented with the below. The same jeroboam give to the F1 race winners. Don't know whether to drink it or keep it. Did have to give assurance that I wouldn't sell it though..

DSC01883.JPG

DSC01884.JPG

Deuce,

Can you list up your favorite champagnes in different price segments? That would be awesome. I'll buy one or more of your recommendations. I love champagne/wine. Would be cool with the same list with red/white/rose wine as well :)

lous0013-400w.jpg

Personally I really like this but I'm sure Deuce will have something bad to say about it.

OMG that is my absolute favorite and i have tried pretty much everything.

you hit the nail on the head

Here are a few I am partial to. Some are fairly hard to find but well worth it.

1988 Salon (very different, almost hay-like)

Deutz Blanc de Blanc (any vintage)

Selosse Substance (very hard to find here but made like Krug)

Laurent Perrier Ultra Brut (like drinking a dry grapefruit)

Billecart-Salmon varietals, Millesime or the rose'

I hate seeing people default to Dom and Crystal. There are so many better choices out there.

Brad

I drink this like water everytime I'm out, fairly cheap and spanks bigger more hyped brands like DP.. :icon_thumleft:

Yeah Tatt delivers, for sure...On a "typical" dinner with some good friends without spending stupid cash, no one would complain.

Poke, what's the 2nd one you posted, I love the bottle, after seeing it I'm curious how it tastes now.

I could see my wine fridge filled with those silver missiles if they're any good. Nice touch when the snobs come over. :icon_mrgreen:

You cannot beat Armand (Ace of Spades), the dryest crispest taste. And expensive enough to only be bought for special occasions, and therefore be really appreciated. Here's one I just pulled out of the cooler to celebrate the arrival of our twins ! It doesn't get a more special occasion than that !

post-14098-1279687217_thumb.jpg

I was at a 'do' the other day, and was presented with the below. The same jeroboam give to the F1 race winners. Don't know whether to drink it or keep it. Did have to give assurance that I wouldn't sell it though..

post-14098-1279687250_thumb.jpg

post-14098-1279687284_thumb.jpg

I have heard good things about the Ace of Spades. It goes for like $250-$300 around here. I read it was highest rated champagne in the world, over Cris and Dom etc etc.

Also that F1 bottle is awesome! Definite collectors item.

Congrats on the twins man, you have some food taste & f1 bottle is cool.

Armand de Brignac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, Please its a ghetto designer based brand brought to the public in 2006 and pushed for launch by of all people Jay-Z...... It is produced blended and bottled by the Cattier family Champagne house.

I understand that taste, especially when it comes to alcohol is one of the most subjective things.... So I therefore respect your palate and opinion and please don't take my response personally.

However, I most definitely am not a fan of this brand new designer brand who has the audacity to try and market itself and even try and place it in the same realm and grand cru classe as the "REAL" grand cru champagne houses with over hundreds of years of history and production.

It's like this, Lamborghini get's pissed at a specific group of rappers because they shed Lamborghini in a negative and bad light to its core customers and enthusiast and issue a statement that "Lamborghini doesn't welcome this negative attention". So the rappers get pissed say F U Lambo and they need something new that they can call there own, so a group of investors and wall street boys from NY say hey lets create a new exotic car brand which we can have some small little italian kit car company make them and we can market them as the best italian exotic car and that it has the history, class and performance of Lamborghini and Ferrari.

Sorry for the rant, I understand some here are fans... I can just see that money spent on so many other choices of the same quality for a fraction of the price :(

Armand de Brignac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, Please its a ghetto designer based brand brought to the public in 2006 and pushed for launch by of all people Jay-Z...... It is produced blended and bottled by the Cattier family Champagne house.

I understand that taste, especially when it comes to alcohol is one of the most subjective things.... So I therefore respect your palate and opinion and please don't take my response personally.

However, I most definitely am not a fan of this brand new designer brand who has the audacity to try and market itself and even try and place it in the same realm and grand cru classe as the "REAL" grand cru champagne houses with over hundreds of years of history and production.

It's like this, Lamborghini get's pissed at a specific group of rappers because they shed Lamborghini in a negative and bad light to its core customers and enthusiast and issue a statement that "Lamborghini doesn't welcome this negative attention". So the rappers get pissed say F U Lambo and they need something new that they can call there own, so a group of investors and wall street boys from NY say hey lets create a new exotic car brand which we can have some small little italian kit car company make them and we can market them as the best italian exotic car and that it has the history, class and performance of Lamborghini and Ferrari.

Sorry for the rant, I understand some here are fans... I can just see that money spent on so many other choices of the same quality for a fraction of the price :(

I was gonna hold off of Jay-Z's "Ace of Spades" but since you started, lemme add to that......... The company HAS existed for some time (hence they can portray being a brand with tenure) but has been a fledgling non-moneymaking company with uninteresting grades of grapes in a very oversaturated region of vineyards (them being one of the smaller ones). From what I understand they "ship" in the other grapes to blend with what they have and created something that is somewhat different than what their vines had been producing. Whoila!! There's your ultra high-end brand. Now let's get a VERY worldwide visible multi-millionaire ($400MM deep pockets) who portrays elegance and the "ballin' lifestyle to call it the best shit on earth and we're back in business. Nothing wrong with that, probably pretty good champagne. As long as it's decent, it's sure to be a good conversation piece at a house gathering, "oh those pretty gold bottles" etc etc.. But don't buy it in the club unless you seriously posing for people that don't know any better or you just like pissing away money on champagne the "most-likely" (haven't tasted yet) isn't any better than some Veuve...

And to be honest a brilliant business plan to re-energize your company. EXACT same thing Jay-Z did with Armadale Vodka. But just so you guys know..............

Louis roerderer

All of them are great. Had a few bottles of LR Cristal which is my favorite overall.

:iamwithstupid:

I had this 2001 that was fantastic. It's not coming to memory right now, but when I remember, I'll post it/look it up. Booo, quitting drinking FTL.

I was gonna hold off of Jay-Z's "Ace of Spades" but since you started, lemme add to that......... The company HAS existed for some time (hence they can portray being a brand with tenure) but has been a fledgling non-moneymaking company with uninteresting grades of grapes in a very oversaturated region of vineyards (them being one of the smaller ones). From what I understand they "ship" in the other grapes to blend with what they have and created something that is somewhat different than what their vines had been producing. Whoila!! There's your ultra high-end brand. Now let's get a VERY worldwide visible multi-millionaire ($400MM deep pockets) who portrays elegance and the "ballin' lifestyle to call it the best shit on earth and we're back in business. Nothing wrong with that, probably pretty good champagne. As long as it's decent, it's sure to be a good conversation piece at a house gathering, "oh those pretty gold bottles" etc etc.. But don't buy it in the club unless you seriously posing for people that don't know any better or you just like pissing away money on champagne the "most-likely" (haven't tasted yet) isn't any better than some Veuve...

And to be honest a brilliant business plan to re-energize your company. EXACT same thing Jay-Z did with Armadale Vodka. But just so you guys know..............

:iamwithstupid: and to be quite honest, I have yet to ever be impressed with anything out of the Cattier family Champagne house. On another note, the name has existed and has been owned by Cattier for about 50 years but the company which has finally put the name to use as an actual company is only 4-5 years old.

Moet was marketing a new product poolside in Miami last weekend called Ice Imperial, its served over ice with mint and lemon. Bought a bottle(how could I resist!?), actually not bad, kinda like a champagne mojito.

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Well tonight I am celebrating the end of my twenties and I have cracked open a gift from a friend. Nyetimber blanc de blanc.

Made, literally just up the road in Nyetimber Sussex.

It has won some awards http://www.nyetimber.com/wine_awards.php

In all honesty, for something at £35-40 a bottle it is really cracking, heavy on the Chardonnay which means it is erring away from the dry.

I have also added a drop of my home-made sloe gin and it is amazing.

It seems don't discard UK sparkling plonk.

Moet was marketing a new product poolside in Miami last weekend called Ice Imperial, its served over ice with mint and lemon. Bought a bottle(how could I resist!?), actually not bad, kinda like a champagne mojito.

You gotta call a brotha when you come on my side of the peninsula.... :eusa_dance: