Black Wheels.............Is it just me?

azlambo

i dont get black wheels at all, they hide the shape.

in some instances it looks OK, but you loose the wheels, at least a chrome lip lets you see the size of the rims :D

:eusa_think:

My thoughts EXACTLY! I've said they look like an old car without hubcaps for a long time, but I just get shit for it.

I also can't stand that matte paint fad, that crap looks like old paint that's oxidized!

Black wheels work on some cars/colors, but with a polished rim. Titanium/gunmetal is a far better color choice in most cases though.

i dont get black wheels at all, they hide the shape.

in some instances it looks OK, but you loose the wheels, at least a chrome lip lets you see the size of the rims :D

I agree. I had titanium on my Gallardo SE and they looked great. I've seen the same wheels in black and they look very ordinary.

100% agree. If you're gonna get black wheels you might as well get Ronal Teddy Bears or some old steelies without hubcaps. You can't see the shape and there's no contrast with the tire, making it look like a big black blob.

IMO shiny, chromed out wheels tend to look ghetto and cheep and non chromed aluminum don't look bad, but like others said, black wheels look more aggressive

Just to clarify, a chrome or silver lip around a black wheel looks okay to me.

A plain black wheel just looks :gay: to me.

I think it depends on the rim and the car. Lots of lambos and other high end cars have black rims now so I'm more used to it on them, but whenever I a cheap Japanese car with black rims that's been tuned by some teenager, I immediately think of the crappy old steel wheels.

I COMPLETELY agree! The only time I think black wheels look good is if it's on an all-black car and they're going for that totally stealth/evil look. Then it works.

Other than that, silver/titanium is the way to go, IMO. Otherwise it just looks like a muddy swirl of black when in motion, like someone stole the hubcaps. ;-)

I don't like black wheels most of the time but make exceptions when it's put together right.

Same with the new cars aerodynamics parts left black or carbon, just looks unfinished.

maybe I'm oldschool.