The First Official American Top Gear Trailer

zeeshan66

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010...trailer-us.html

Etop gearxclu: This trailer just screened at TCA introducing the U.S. version of History's "Top Gear," which the network hopes will replicate the hit charm of the British original.

The show's trio of hosts -- Adam Ferrara, Tanner Foust and Rutledge Wood -- seem to seem to get along and banter well enough on the show's panel.

i think the one with adam corolla woulda been better, they took 1000 dollar cars to death valley that challenge sounded awesome

Guest Rob Burgundy

Jesus...who are these three fat homos and why did they choose them too host?

Less than one minute into the trailer I hate this show.

:iamwithstupid:

I only made it 30 seconds.

This POS won't last a season before it's gone.

Horrible, but the latest seasons of the original Top Gear hasn't been great either. I want them to do races again like they did with the AM DB9 vs train, Slr vs ..., Ferrari 612 vs ..., those were cool episodes.

Tanner is the guy that beat Jenson Button, Michael Schumacher and David Coultard at the Race of Champions. Also a really witty guy in person and a great driver.

Should have been Leno, Corolla and Foust......Maybe that show would have chance then.

Guest Rob Burgundy
Should have been Leno, Corolla and Foust......Maybe that show would have chance then.

:iamwithstupid:

I let this sink in over night and I really cant describe how upset I am that this show which I have been looking forward to coming here for so long is turning out like this. Im literally for the first time in my life "writing in". Mother fuckers

Guest Rob Burgundy

"Jay Leno, who originally turned down offers to host the show, expressed concern over whether or not a show like Top Gear could be successful in America.[14][15] In a column published by The Sunday Times, Leno expresses concern that an American version could lack the critical reviews the British version is known for.[16] The British show is produced for the BBC with public funds while the American show will air on commercial television. Leno believes that the show may have to worry about offending current and potential sponsors by giving their products poor reviews, leading to a compromise in the journalistic integrity and freedom of the original show."

"Jay Leno, who originally turned down offers to host the show, expressed concern over whether or not a show like Top Gear could be successful in America.[14][15] In a column published by The Sunday Times, Leno expresses concern that an American version could lack the critical reviews the British version is known for.[16] The British show is produced for the BBC with public funds while the American show will air on commercial television. Leno believes that the show may have to worry about offending current and potential sponsors by giving their products poor reviews, leading to a compromise in the journalistic integrity and freedom of the original show."

Easy solution... no car company sponsors. Motor Oil, Video Games, ___ Rent-A-Car, Pep Boys, Napa, Movies, etc. should be enough core advertising to support the budget.

I read that and thought what scathing reviews? What reviews?

Top Gear is a shocking shadow of its former self with the last two episodes dusting down with some good features.

The BBC do not have sponsors and produce the show so we are not talking a massive budget like some shows - I realise the BBC situation is unique and the polar opposite to what you have in the States but on the other foot the car companies do not have to provide a car for the show.

As far as I know the white Veyron was the only production car supplied that was not supplied by a manufacturer.

Easy solution... no car company sponsors. Motor Oil, Video Games, ___ Rent-A-Car, Pep Boys, Napa, Movies, etc. should be enough core advertising to support the budget.

I don't think they are talking about ad revenue for just the show, but rather the whole network.