Diablo Colour Change

LAM VT

I must agree with all that the chrome lips do look out of place and you should go with a Black satin finish. The chrome seems to draw your eyes away from the body. Also, you have no chrome anywhere else, it looks odd. Other than that your ride looks great.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or in the pics..at the front..the lights/bonnet and bumpers are badly fitted..but it looks good in white! just needs black rims :D

Thanks guys, glad you like it & noted about the 'all black' wheels - I'll get that sorted then !

The front fit is off, we had the lights, bonnet and bumper all fitting really well last week ... then it went back to the paint shop for some touch ups and they decided to take them off again and seem to have plonked them back on randomly ! ... all that area needs re-fitting again properly.

looks good :)

i have to say the rims do not look right, but i do not think is the lip...i would try SV or GT rims

• 3 weeks later...

YES! It'll look awesome. Maybe red calipers?

The SE30 front bumper looks lovely by the way :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Well after a couple of weeks driving my new shade of Diablo i decided to stick it in my garage and send the wheels off to be split down and re-done in satin black. They arrived back today and look really good. While the car was in the air i decided to paint my brembo calipers red too :)

I can't get any good long-range pics outside as we've got loads of snow here in the UK at the moment ... so these are the best i could get in my garage !

diablo_wheels_1.jpg

diablo_wheels_2.jpg

ps) & Yes, i realise the bolts are still chrome to all the people who said I should have black bolts as well before ... but i think they look good & break up all the 'blackness' a bit ... :)

Dave

wheels look good, but the rear looks like it needs to come out a bit.

Is this an optical?

Glad you like them - I'll try and get some better pics outside soon as the snow has stopped falling now.

You're right about the rears ... although not really noticed it until you mentioned it, maybe I could do with some spacers in there to push them out a bit more.

Can you provide details onhow you blacked out the rear lights?

Very simple

I bought some of this : Tinting Spray ... there are loads of other brands of the same stuff though.

Then ...

* Thoroughly clean the outside of the lenses with 'standard thinners' and make sure there are no bits of dirt / fluff etc.

* 4 x Light coats of paint (as evenly as you can) on the outside of each lens (leave 15 mins between each coat)

* Leave overnight to fully dry

* T-Cut each lens back carefully to give it nice smooth finish

* Finally wax them to give a good gloss finish

* Job done :)

Glad you like them - I'll try and get some better pics outside soon as the snow has stopped falling now.

You're right about the rears ... although not really noticed it until you mentioned it, maybe I could do with some spacers in there to push them out a bit more.

Very simple

I bought some of this : Tinting Spray ... there are loads of other brands of the same stuff though.

Then ...

* Thoroughly clean the outside of the lenses with 'standard thinners' and make sure there are no bits of dirt / fluff etc.

* 4 x Light coats of paint (as evenly as you can) on the outside of each lens (leave 15 mins between each coat)

* Leave overnight to fully dry

* T-Cut each lens back carefully to give it nice smooth finish

* Finally wax them to give a good gloss finish

* Job done :)

Spacers on a Lambo???!!!....I wouldn't do that ifin I was you!!!! :eusa_naughty: