which would you choose

whiteout

First off, I am a new member here, was shown the site by a few other members and have been on another board for a while. Some members may recognize my user name from other forums. I recently sold my H1 of 12 years and have a Viper ACR that's on the market and should be gone soon, then moving onto a Murci. . . for a DD.

Currently I am looking at a few early year Murci's, all manuals. But not exactly sure which I should choose. Any insight would be appreciated.

Verde Ithica '02 ~5k miles; I'm a little nervous about the '02 cars because of the throttle body syncing and no nose lift. But the color and mileage are great selling points.

Giallo Evros '02 ~18k miles, lightly modded; again with the throttle body sync and nose lift.

Nero '03 ~ 10k miles; it's local, but I need to talk the owner down in price a little.

Verde Hydra '04 ~15k miles, exhaust & filters; this has an upper hand because it is the newest, but I am talking myself into the color as I really am not a big fan of it. It will need a new exhaust tip, engine bay covers, and tires right off the bat. But the price is right.

The H1:

onionia5small.jpg

The ACR:

869923867_s9QPG-L.jpg

wash8.jpg

Thanks,

Nick

Gasman is right. DD'ing an early Murcie is inadvisable by many people. The lack of a lift system and leaking shocks are some point to the negative.

If you are considering DDing the car, go with the newest Gallardo you can afford. If you can get into a 560 you won't regret it.

Best of luck, welcome to the Bullpen and hope you find what you are looking for here.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Id go with the Nera 03'. Especially if your driving it a lot. A Murcie will get a ton of attention as it is,a bright green one would only multiply that x 10

I DD'ed the Hummer, took it on long road trips (MI to TX & back in one weekend). In warmer months the Hummer & ACR fought for DD status. Currently DD the ACR. Prior to the ACR was a 500bhp STi with a cage & 6 puck clutch.

After driving a Murci, it is much more comfortable than my past vehicles. The maintenance will also be significantly less than the H1.

I have been around an '06 Gallardo e-gear and driven it since late last year. The car is just too easy, comfortable, reliable, low maintenance, etc. I need some form of punishment.

Based off of what I've read, I should go with the '04 car. But the color is so un-appealing compared to the other cars. I am wondering if I should suck it up and go for the dark green since it will give me the least amount of troubles or if the older cars will not have a substantial amount of problems than the '04.

Nick

I DD'ed the Hummer, took it on long road trips (MI to TX & back in one weekend). In warmer months the Hummer & ACR fought for DD status. Currently DD the ACR. Prior to the ACR was a 500bhp STi with a cage & 6 puck clutch.

After driving a Murci, it is much more comfortable than my past vehicles. The maintenance will also be significantly less than the H1.

I have been around an '06 Gallardo e-gear and driven it since late last year. The car is just too easy, comfortable, reliable, low maintenance, etc. I need some form of punishment.

Based off of what I've read, I should go with the '04 car. But the color is so un-appealing compared to the other cars. I am wondering if I should suck it up and go for the dark green since it will give me the least amount of troubles or if the older cars will not have a substantial amount of problems than the '04.

Nick

Don't get a color you don't like. Don't be in a rush. Get the right car YOU want.

Why can't a Murci be DD?

I should add that I am a single 26yo, live in the center of a city, so drive when I want to/groceries, no pets, underground garage.

What part of MI you from Nick?

Grand Rapids

:iamwithstupid: or you can wrap the car in another color. :icon_mrgreen:

That's what I was thinking, or a repaint. I have a very good paint guy who does amazing work with matte (did my truck, Rob Dyrdek/Rouge Status Camaro/a few SEMA cars/a few movie cars).

Nick

Why can't a Murci be DD?

I should add that I am a single 26yo, live in the center of a city, so drive when I want to/groceries, no pets, underground garage.

Grand Rapids

That's what I was thinking, or a repaint. I have a very good paint guy who does amazing work with matte (did my truck, Rob Dyrdek/Rouge Status Camaro/a few SEMA cars/a few movie cars).

Nick

1. You mentioned you are looking for punishment when you drive somewhat? Well if that is what you want, you'll get it driving a Murcielago DD in downtown Grand Rapids. Coming from Muskegon I have to ask, what the hell is wrong with you boy? :lol2:

An early Murcielago will have the clearance issues, it's big, cumbersome and not convenient for a DD car in the demographic of Grand Rapids, especially downtown. Can you imagine parking that out front of Monte's? Or McFaddens?! :lol2:

2. So you know Josh and the guys at ASP? Good group for sure. I haven't talked to Josh lately, but I think we need to get him a Lambo and out of his P car ;)

Why can't a Murci be DD?

Some of these issues will overlap with your ACR.

1. It attracts too much attention.

2. It's too goddamn wide to park easily. You need a spotter to back into a spot. If you park in a regular spot the risk of getting dings is HIGH!

3. It's too low to get up inclines/down declines without slowing to a crawl, the front end lift to go up takes about 10 seconds.

4. You can't see out of the back very well.

5. You have to push the sideview fold in mirror button to fit into the opening of a single stall garage which means if you are backing out of a single stall garage you can't really see behind you unless you have a rearview camera.

6. A mack truck has a better turning radius.

My 02 has a lift system. Must have been an option. I will sell you mine. Its fly yellow. Looking for a boat if you have one to trade. :)

Some of these issues will overlap with your ACR.

1. It attracts too much attention.

2. It's too goddamn wide to park easily. You need a spotter to back into a spot. If you park in a regular spot the risk of getting dings is HIGH!

3. It's too low to get up inclines/down declines without slowing to a crawl, the front end lift to go up takes about 10 seconds.

4. You can't see out of the back very well.

5. You have to push the sideview fold in mirror button to fit into the opening of a single stall garage which means if you are backing out of a single stall garage you can't really see behind you unless you have a rearview camera.

6. A mack truck has a better turning radius.

Sounds fun.. For a weekend supercar. But DD, no. My advice, go with a G and mod it down the line. TT's when you can.

BTW Gasman, where/how DO you park the Murci, if you ever take it out and have to park it?

BTW Gasman, where/how DO you park the Murci, if you ever take it out and have to park it?

I've only once taken it somewhere where I had to park in a normal parking space. It took me 20 minutes to find a suitable one.

That VI '02 is a rare find.

I didnt even know a 02 came with VI. I thought it was more a later color option. Does anyone have a number break down of the colors and years?

buy the cleanest car in the color that you like.

In relation with the daily drivability of it you the only one that can answer that question, what others consider annoying some consider exciting.

Good luck with your decision

Saw your H1 build thread on L4p and loved that thing!

If you want to DD a murci then why not, just dont expect any of us to hold back when you say it doesnt work that well as a DD. But it sounds like you arent going in blind on it anyways.

Best of luck to you.

I didnt even know a 02 came with VI. I thought it was more a later color option. Does anyone have a number break down of the colors and years?

They did, I remember seeing pics of a presscar that was in VI when it first was introduced.

BTW is the last picture Verde Hydra?

post-9312-1282981133_thumb.jpg

post-9312-1282981157.jpg