My GTT experience was phenomenal....

Kisco

Just drive my Turbo...trust me not sedate. Also drive DKs GT2 R911 for an even more raw Turbo experience. After you drive them both post how you feel about them, that impression is what I am interested in reading!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, just pick up an 02 or 03 murci then look into SP, heffner, UGR or DLM putting a turbo kit on that. That should make you pretty damn excited.....

Murci is probably the sexiest car on the road, with an unmatched presence. But I am looking for something that is more drive friendly.

j/k, for a straight line racing speed junkie like you it's going to be hard. There is the option, dare I say it, of one of the UGR built Ferrari's for a change.

So what do you want Fadi? Do you want fast + daily drivability? I'd personally get a modded 911 over a modded r8. The 911 has so much more to chose from since so many companies are involved in the 911 aftermarket, but would it feel like a step down? I think it might depend on which 911 you got? If a gt2 was gettable at 160k that'd be cool, though it wouldn't leave money for mods.

Basically, Like the other's said, you are screwed. Actually an early Murci with mods would be really cool. The car is so different from most of the cars out there.

Raj, I am looking for something fast, more subtle than the Gallardo, and little more driver friendly. It seems like the more I think about it and the more I type out my thoughts on here, the more I see myself aiming at a built R8 or a R911 997 TT. But like you said with the 997, would I feel it is a step down?? This is my worry, and as Allan has said, it does feel that way. So that leaves me with the R8. According to Bernard and some reading I have done, it is driver friendly, more comfortable, handles great, I think it looks great, and it's in my price range for a TT build.

So maybe I just answered my own question, who knows...I definitely need to drive a stock one before I make up my mind. I have never driven an R8 before.

According to Bernard and some reading I have done, it is driver friendly, more comfortable, handles great, I think it looks great, and it's in my price range for a TT build.

That's the real truth, the cost. And I agree with you on that thought.

"Gee, I can get a used R8 V8 for cheap, then slap a TT on it and have it all for under $120k!!!"

At that price point there really aren't many choices, it comes down to R8 V8TT, GTR modded, 997 modded. That's it pretty much.

Thanks for that.

So it is looking like the R8 is indeed a great car without some of the harsh characteristics of the Gallardo.

Has there ever been a fully built R8 by any of the major tuners? I know Dino said something about Heffner having one in the works, did that ever get completed? I wouldn't be interested in a bolt on only kit.

That's the real truth,.

You got to admit, Mako, that there has to be some truth in what Bernard says about the R8 given that Dino feels the same way, and they are both who have owned GTT's. No? :icon_mrgreen:

I agree with you that it is looking like my only choices are R911 997TT or R8 V8TT. Hmmmm..... :eusa_think:

You got to admit, Mako, that there has to be some truth in what Bernard says about the R8 given that Dino feels the same way, and they are both who have owned GTT's. No? :icon_mrgreen:

I would say close enough for your wants. The vast vast majority, even #1 clueless fanboy Brian, who regularly uses his R8's exhaust ports as sexual aids, has said that a Gallardo has advantages that make him think about it off and on as an option even while being an R8 owner.

If DD is such a priority, along with lower profile, and most importantly the cost, then I can't find a substitute.

I personally would honestly be tempted to do an SP-modded GT-R "Altima" at that price point though. Even less, probably under $100k. What Alex and the boys are doing to those pieces of shit is amazing, would be fun to whore one out for a year or two then dump it.

But I can see the R8 V8TT fitting your needs well Fadi.

I agree with you that it is looking like my only choices are R911 997TT or R8 V8TT. Hmmmm..... :eusa_think:

Never owned a R8 Fadi, drove both on long term tests fo free, which was the sweetest thing of all. :)

I would say close enough for your wants. The vast vast majority, even #1 clueless fanboy Brian, who regularly uses his R8's exhaust ports as sexual aids, has said that a Gallardo has advantages that make him think about it off and on as an option even while being an R8 owner.

If DD is such a priority, along with lower profile, and most importantly the cost, then I can't find a substitute.

I personally would honestly be tempted to do an SP-modded GT-R "Altima" at that price point though. Even less, probably under $100k. What Alex and the boys are doing to those pieces of shit is amazing, would be fun to whore one out for a year or two then dump it.

But I can see the R8 V8TT fitting your needs well Fadi.

I see. Thanks for your input, Mako. I have always valued your opinion (other than that of the Z...0..6)..:lol2:

Keep it, let the 560 price get more down, then buy it and get it TT'd for the same price you would pay now for 560 without TT.

Ofcourse I can't figure how much you can get from your car now and what would be the sum next year?

Well I've driven a V8 R8 the first cobb tuned gtr and your GTT.....So let me state my opinion, and take it as that a opinion I love the way the gtr drive and handles but something about it being a glorified 350/370z and not having a inline six makes me not a fan of it. So if a GTR was what i was looking at it would be a R34.... A stock V8 R8 is not that fun period. A TT V8 R8 would be really nice but it would be missing something in my eyes and I think thats two cylinders, it looks good and all but it would not give you the amazing sound of the V-10. Ive also driven a fully modded 996 GT2 and that is the only car that has given me half the excitement that your GTT has giving me....

A verde SE GTT is the only option lol .

Get on halo reach so I can teach you a thing or two :)

I see. Thanks for your input, Mako. I have always valued your opinion (other than that of the Z...0..6)..:lol2:

CURVETTE FOR LIFE SON, YOU KNOW HOW I ROLL!

MalibuCorvetteBoatwCar_800.jpg

Maybe a flight to SP to see Alex's GTR is warranted. Its no Porsche or Lambo, but it is just as fast as Allan's car on pump. I am sure they will soon have that car in the 1200rwp+ range. Nothing like having a consistant low 9 second daily driver that you can tune down to make it easier to handle.

I guess the SL's have appreciated in price over the past year as I recall trying to talk Gasman into an 08 G on the West Coast with 7,000 miles for low $130,000's. I believe it was Orange or Yellow.

No GTR talk given that I would like to drive around in a car that is half way pleasant to the human eye...:eusa_naughty: :icon_mrgreen:

in all honesty i would rather have your 04 G-TT then a GTR, 997, R8, etc.

i thought you sold your car to get a 560, maybe i misunderstood.

in all honesty i would rather have your 04 G-TT then a GTR, 997, R8, etc.

i thought you sold your car to get a 560, maybe i misunderstood.

I did say that. Actually, I said I wanted a 560 TT. But there has been some financial restraints that came up very recently, and unfortunately due to this, I am not able to get a TT 560 anymore..=(

I guess I can always get the 560 now and then TT it later when time is right...

there isn't a better performing daily driver.... the closest would be the 911 turbo PDK, but it's 2x the $$$ and looks like any other porsche from the last 10 years...

you want to haul ass or look pretty? :)

No GTR talk given that I would like to drive around in a car that is half way pleasant to the human eye...:eusa_naughty: :icon_mrgreen:

^^^

I can't see where you'll be happy with anything else.

I did say that. Actually, I said I wanted a 560 TT. But there has been some financial restraints that came up very recently, and unfortunately due to this, I am not able to get a TT 560 anymore..=(

thats what i would do. why didnt you just keep your G until things cleared up?

either way im sure you will wind up with something cool.

Sounds like r8 is your baby so far. Having seen both cars (but honestly not driven either), even a built r8 wouldn't hold a candle to an lp560.

Sure the built r8 would be faster, but is raw speed the only answer? Why not get a modded z r 1 then?