Looking for some Help or Suggestions on G-Spyder or G-SL

NRG x Lambo

hey guys,

been a long time member of LP and love the community and site! i've had a few great opportunities in the past few months fall into my lap and been working very hard to align (what i hope) the proper things needed to try to jump into my first lambo. there are some obvious hurdles for me to get into my first "exotic" or lambo because financing seems to be nearly impossible these days for a buyer who's new to the exotic market...

so here are a few things i'd like to hopefully ask, and get some advice on.

1) i was originally looking to get an Audi R8 (v8) 08/09 year. they seemed to be priced used at approx: $110-120 depending on year, options, etc. i love the design of the car, and i figure it being a newer "year" car, and still being under warranty would make it a 'safe' buy. but there's one problem.... it's not a LAMBO :icon_mrgreen:

2) i've always had this desire and goal to acquire a lambo and would love to find a way to get into one. so i started looking at early year G-coupes (05-06) and started realizing the prices for the spyders were only about 10-12k outside of the range of some of these coupes. the superleggera would be perfect, but i think they're still being sold at about $150k if i'm not mistaken?

3) what would you guys suggest i look for: G-spyder vs. G-SL? i mean i know they're virtually 2 completely different cars, and the GSL being priced higher would only make the potential of me getting approved even that much more difficult. here's a spyder i saw on ebay that i love, and wondering if you guys know anything on this car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Lambor...#ht_1456wt_1167

a few coupes that caught my eye too:

http://www.lamborghinihouston.com/vehicle_...o-Coupe-6-Speed

http://www.saintlouismotorsports.com/showi...ed.php?item=309

http://autosportint.com/details.html?VID=1-218l1273623613

any help or suggestions you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

2007 white coupe was my favorite from the links you've posted but I would chose a G SL any day of the week over both coupe and Spyder

Good luck with your search.

Gsl all they way. It's kinda like a murci roadster to an sv. The SL is just more special. The interiors are beautiful, the cf inside and out is art. Gsl's have risen in price slightly, but they'll all be off warranty soon and that may drop the prices.

Orange Spyder, but then again I am biased :)

Nothing like having the roof off on these cars!

+1

It will be nice to track the SL every once in a while. But if that's not what you have in mind, the spyder is the way to go.

I'm biased too :)

> Gsl all they way

+1 from me :)

> the cf inside and out is art

+1 from me :)

> Gsl's have risen in price slightly, but they'll all be off warranty soon and that may drop the prices.

I just got my extended warranty -- so two more years.

i agree with all of the above.... the GSL is definitely my personal favorite. i just don't think i can get a bank to finance me for that, specially as a first time exotic buyer. i feel like as i keep traveling north of a $110k, it's just going to get that much harder, of course unless offset by a larger down i assume.

does anyone have recommendations to anyone that does great lease or finance programs? thanks!

you will love the SL..... I had a Gallardo coupe for 4 months, then couldn't resist the temptation after test driving a SL... so I changed it straight away... and lost some money here and there... so make the right decision the first time is very important!!!

I am bias of course and I haven't test driven a spyder yet (I try not to test drive a lot of cars nowadays)

Was looking at that Orange Spyder myself. Looks like a great car. Heard the dealer is not the best...? I think it's still available.

the spyder is still available. i love that its a 6speed, seems priced reasonably, and looks great! just always unsure about taking the trip out there, and the hassles of trying to find a car that far away. haven't heard much on the dealership?

They are both great cars. Personally I am loving my Spyder right now. Nothing like being able to drop the top and just cruise around, especially now that the temps are coming down to a comfortable range.

all G's are very nice. the choice is yours.

if you can't choose, then perhaps eliminate those that are out of price range. $140-150k for SL. Coupe is between 95-115k. Spyder is 10k more.

i chose the coupe because it was the lowest price and i will be tracking it. i had a convertible previously so i do like the spyder but just not with the extra couple hundred pounds.

if i had more money to spend, i would buy a used LP560. best G that is easy to drive. and it has warranty too!

They are both great cars. Personally I am loving my Spyder right now. Nothing like being able to drop the top and just cruise around, especially now that the temps are coming down to a comfortable range.

the spyder seems like a great car... specially with socal weather.... but for SOME reason, i LOVE the profile of the car with the SL style wing. i think the GSL itself might be a bit on the high-end of my price range.... but i think the coupe with SL wing looks aggressive/great....

there is on 2002 black/black murcielago that i am looking at also, because of it's price falling into the Gallardo Coupe territory... but some are messaging to stay away from earlier year murci's and the headaches of the maintainence if i plan to drive the car a lot (which i do :icon_mrgreen: )