Shadowman and Discovery Automotive...

TURBOALEX

Yep, you guys are quick. I like quick. You'll see me around, just really didn't want another forum to waste time on, but hey..ya gotta do what ya gotta do. No more temper tantrums from me.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Resolved...after 12 pages of roasting

It was an accident and was tended to and resolved quickly between themselves and should never have become the burning at the stake of Shadowman on the forum; regardless of that which was shared on the forum none of us know everything that happened or was said; we never will. If it was as bad as portrayed here it would still be unresolved. Lawyers don't move that fast....on purpose.

It was as stated “horrific”, no one was killed, and the car was replaced; end of story

Yep, you guys are quick. I like quick. You'll see me around, just really didn't want another forum to waste time on, but hey..ya gotta do what ya gotta do. No more temper tantrums from me.

you have to admit there are some funny guys here.. .. ........... QUITE entertaining..

resolved ?? was it resolved BEFORE it was posted here or did the lambo BULLdogs appetite for truth and justice aid in the resolution?

in some small way??

as i said before, there ain't no hiding from the internet police..

funny thing, the internet is.

if this was back in the day, ray woulda been SCREWED and woulda had to take him to court.

because of threads like this, there was pressure on shadowman to save face and actually address the issue.

just because shadowman responded to all he pressure (did he really have any choice?), doesn't make him a standup guy - he's still scum in my book for not owning up to the responsibility in the first place.

hope ray got what he wanted.

Resolved...after 12 pages of roasting

It was an accident and was tended to and resolved quickly between themselves and should never have become the burning at the stake of Shadowman on the forum; regardless of that which was shared on the forum none of us know everything that happened or was said; we never will. If it was as bad as portrayed here it would still be unresolved. Lawyers don't move that fast....on purpose.

It was as stated “horrific”, no one was killed, and the car was replaced; end of story

thank you for saying what I tried to more succinctly.

Resolved or not, the bottom line is ShadowDouch came out of the hole after realising the sh*ts outta the bag. So no kudos from me. And the fact that Ray had to fork out more to resolve the situation is the nail in the coffin as far as being a reputable autoshop.

Guys, for those of you who don't know, Silversurfer is a very respected car owner in the Seattle area and has a very SIGNIFICANT car collection that he actually drives. I'm not talking about average stuff either. He's got a lot of very heavily modified stuff laying around. He's extremely active in numerous car events, not to mention extremely knowledgable, very credible and I think this forum is far better of with his input. While we can all disagree at times, what we're sometimes lacking on these forums are owners with broad experience, something Silversurfer has. They stay away, not because someone disagrees, but because the attacks get personal. There are a lot of Lamborghini owners who I'd love to see come here yet choose to stay away from this forum because of how some of you attack those who have differing views.

I sometimes come on LamboPower and there is very limited interesting content. Why? Because some think it's easier to go elsewhere to put up their post or comment about something. I'd also hate to see LamboPower lose it's edge so it would be a shame if there weren't heated arguments either.

This thread has been a shitty situation all the way around. I know Bill a little which makes it even harder. I've never had him work on my car and I told him that after all this I too would give pause. Bill wrote me and said he can refute a lot of what's posted here, but he's banned so he can't defend himself. This allows anyone to claim anything and it harms the credibility of this forum. What I want is the truth. I want accuracy, not just name calling. This doesn't at all make Bill right about what seems on the surface to be a significant number of unhappy customers. On the surface. Even that Bill can't defend.

I remember in the summer of 2008 when Roy was roasted here over that guy with the Gallardo who didn't register his car. After Roy was burned alive here, the facts slowly started to come out and in the end, Roy had gone far above and beyond the call of duty. The buyer turned out to be the real root of the problem. I finally saw that car and I'd never seen anything like it. To me it looked like a car that spent most of its time at the bottom of a salt water lagoon.

I love the forums because of what I learn, but I really dislike them when they get personal. We're far better of with Silversurfer participating, believe me.

SO this is my first post here....

I have been a customer of Shadowmans for a few years. I also bought the Blue M5 he built know as one of the "Twins".

I owned it for 4 years.. and drove the shit out of it. Loved it.

He has my TT69 Camaro at his shop right now.

I can't tell you how helpful he has always been... not only with car shit... but with life in general. He is a stand up guy.

You guys are so late with this whole thing. The accident happened 5 weeks ago. There was a Trooper on the scene as Shadowman

was climbing up the ditch. He was lucky because the witness who had been following him for a few miles admiring the car called the cops.

There was no ticket or citation issued because the investigation showed speed was not a factor... nor was malicious or reckless driving.

Another thing you guys might want to know... is that the owner was actually paid out BEFORE the Ford GT Rally in Virginia. That was actually a couple weeks ago...

So here you are.. grown ass men.. throwing this dude and his company under the bus. For what? Shits and giggles?

I look at D/A as a boutique shop. Sure... its in his garage... sure Shadowman has a beard... but fcuk it. When i drop my car off to him.. i know it will get tended to

in a "methodical" manner. (as he would say). He is very attached to the cars, or "gals" he tends to.. and the names he gives them shows me he cares about them.

Its extremely disappointing to me to see the Lamborghini community jump at this and try and bring a fellow car enthusiast down. Especially one who loves Lambos.

I know there is an underlying "bad taste" with Allen.. but that shouldn't make you have to instigate or fuel a fire.

Anyway... its a shame that the accident had to happen... but thank God dude wasn't hurt to bad. And good for the owner to get the 260k check.

And i really hope that if one of you business owners in here ever run into an issue.. the people that you support don't come in cutting your throat like you all did

to Bill.... lame.

Kalis.

I (We) I'm sure would love to hear Silversurfer's side. But, the only "side" we've heard from him so far, is how he too is a victim.

The bottom line is, his shop was entrusted with somebody's car and took it out for a drive, wrecked it, then washed his hands of the incident and had the owner's insurance cover the cost. Additionally the owner had OUT OF POCKET costs which Shadowman also walked away from. His treatment of the owner after was indefensible. No one is disputing the fact that it was an accident and that Shadowman is lucky to be alive. But, come on, accept responsibility and do what's right. That so far he has not done. I for one would avoid his shop at all costs.

Tommy, you are a well respected member here and I value your opinons, yet I'm having a difficult time in cutting Shadowman any slack based upon the above information. Unless there are extenuating circumstances which dramatically alter the facts presented here, my opinion of Shadowman remains unchanged.

Jepegs13...you certainly are entitled to your opinion however you are better served to have one based on the facts....which this thread doesn't represent.

Jepegs13...you certainly are entitled to your opinion however you are better served to have one based on the facts....which this thread doesn't represent.

Then please, enlighten me.

I (We) I'm sure would love to hear Silversurfer's side. But, the only "side" we've heard from him so far, is how he too is a victim.

The bottom line is, his shop was entrusted with somebody's car and took it out for a drive, wrecked it, then washed his hands of the incident and had the owner's insurance cover the cost. Additionally the owner had OUT OF POCKET costs which Shadowman also walked away from. His treatment of the owner after was indefensible. No one is disputing the fact that it was an accident and that Shadowman is lucky to be alive. But, come on, accept responsibility and do what's right. That so far he has not done. I for one would avoid his shop at all costs.

Tommy, you are a well respected member here and I value your opinons, yet I'm having a difficult time in cutting Shadowman any slack based upon the above information. Unless there are extenuating circumstances which dramatically alter the facts presented here, my opinion of Shadowman remains unchanged.

Its not about Bill being a victim. He isn't trying to look like a victim. But he is not a con artist. You are basing your assumption on nothing "factual". The cops,the law, and the insurance companies base there decisions on FACTS. The outcome shows what was fact.

kalis.

Its not about Bill being a victim. He isn't trying to look like a victim. But he is not a con artist. You are basing your assumption on nothing "factual". The cops,the law, and the insurance companies base there decisions on FACTS. The outcome shows what was fact.

kalis.

I've based my opinon on the OP's post. I have not seen anything to sway my current opinion and position.

Again, I'm open to changing, enlighten me.

just because it happened 5 weeks ago and the issue has been resolved financially does not mitigate the fact of what and how this incident transpired.

Honestly I don't know all of the facts...so I'm not going to lie to you, or muddy the waters. Until Ray himself or Shadowman weigh in on it personally I won't make assumptions. I do know of some perspectives that weren't posted here and I'm glad to share them. I wont tell you unequivocally that they are "the facts". But more things to consider.

Like:

Ray was a repeat customer of Shadowman.

Witnesses on hand stating speed and malice was not an issue

Most small companies don't carry a "garage keepers" policy. Ray was made aware that Shadowman would NOT take his car out until he had Rays insurance car in hand. If he had a problem with that it should have been raised then and there.

The medical bills submitted but Shadowman were out of his control. Its hospital protocol to bill the insurance fist with hope of getting paid the LARGE bill. Once declined Sadowman intended to pay it.

I'll dig around for some more and post what I find. I'm just saying its not as one sided as it was made to appear.

Honestly I don't know all of the facts...so I'm not going to lie to you. or muddy the waters. Until Ray himself or Shadowman weigh in on it personally won't make assumptions. I do know of some perspectives that weren't posted here and I'm glad to share them. I wont tell you unequivocally that they are "the facts". But more things to consider.

Like:

Ray was a repeat customer of Shadowman.

Witnesses on hand stating speed and malice was not an issue

Most small companies don't carry a "garage keepers" policy. I'm told that Heffner does not. (not a fact until Heffner weighs in) Ray was made aware that Shadowman would NOT take his car out until he had Rays insurance car in hand. If he had a problem with that it should have been raised then and there.

The medical bills submitted but Shadowman were out of his control. Its hospital protocol to bill the insurance fist with hope of getting paid the LARGE bill. Once declined Sadowman intended to pay it.

I'll dig around for some more and post what I find. I'm just saying its not as one sided as it was made to appear.

Thank you, but,

Would Ray continue to be a customer? We all like certain places but the cream rises to the top when something bad happens.

No one ever claimed malice was intended, all parties agree it was an accident. It was the aftermath in question.

Would Heffner have walked away and and said "not my problem"? Just an assumption, but I doubt it.

Quote from the OP:

".....It was during these updates that he started asking for a copy of my insurance card. I simply told him that it was insured however he insisted on getting a copy of it to prove that it was insured before he would "test" drive it later that night when the hiways "cleared"...

Although warning bells were going off and this seemed weird, I sent him a scanned copy of the card. With all the tuners that I deal with I have never been asked for a copy of the card but rather they would show me that they had insurance as they run legitimate businesses."

The hospital takes whatever insurance card you hand them. He chose to claim it under Ray's policy. If it was always Shadowman's intent to pay, why not give the hospital his med card upon being admitted?

Good questions

I'll take a guess at the answers.

My understanding is that without a garage keepers policy it needed to go through the other insurance company's.....after which Shadowman would make up the difference.

His health insurance company forwarded the bill to the auto policy with hopes of mitigating their costs. Once denied Shadowman would negotiate it.

And commenting on your other post....I agree.....based on the OP it's tough to come up with any other conclusion.

The one thing to remember....Shadowman refused to step up until he was tried in the "internet court".

He only attempted to resolve the situation AFTER this story was plastered all over various car forums.

Did he get reimbursed for the turbo system on the car? or just for the value of the car stock? And wasnt the original post by alex just a copy of Ray's post on another forum, thus making it first hand? And even more then that, didnt Ray take Alex along when the whole thing unfolded?? Great, shadowman was in a shitty situation. But he lied at the start. He burned himself at the stake....

...we just all stood around and enjoyed the heat.....

Guys, for those of you who don't know, Silversurfer is a very respected car owner in the Seattle area and has a very SIGNIFICANT car collection that he actually drives. I'm not talking about average stuff either. He's got a lot of very heavily modified stuff laying around. He's extremely active in numerous car events, not to mention extremely knowledgable, very credible and I think this forum is far better of with his input.

there is no doubt in my mind that this site is a better place WITH SilverSurfer.

he had the BALLS to stand up (and risk being stoned) to state his contrarian, and well written position.

that's what makes these sites good, the lively, uncensored ART of Discussion.

Bill wrote me and said he can refute a lot of what's posted here, but he's banned so he can't defend himself. This allows anyone to claim anything and it harms the credibility of this forum. What I want is the truth. I want accuracy, not just name calling. Even that Bill can't defend.

it's REAL simple: i say remove the BAN on Shadowman and let's hear his side of the story..

i really don't care but this is the thread that just keeps on giving..

entertainment.. AND information