Sold ACR, replacement options?

FikseSTS

I'm leaning toward the GT, pulley and tune should make it pretty quick (will that trap 130+ in the 1/4 mile?), and it holds value very well.... I see that blue/white at $136k, I would really be looking for red with white stripes...

With the pulley and tune, my car went 132.9 mph through the traps with a very, very easy roll out. That was only with 592 rwhp, no powershifting. I also managed to get 60-130 in 7.10 at the same power level. It's a fast car with $1200 worth of work.

I know of a red/white strip FGT with 900 miles for sale..

I know of a heritage with TT's that's gonna be CHEAP!

Ford GT! There is a red with white stripes for sale at Miller Motorcars in Connecticut. It looks stunning in person and I believe it has very low miles.

price? seems to be a huge range for these cars, $135 - $160k.....

I know of a red/white strip FGT with 900 miles for sale..

sounds great, that's the plan....

With the pulley and tune, my car went 132.9 mph through the traps with a very, very easy roll out. That was only with 592 rwhp, no powershifting. I also managed to get 60-130 in 7.10 at the same power level. It's a fast car with $1200 worth of work.

Do a Z R 1. Buy it used and then spend the extra cash you save on new wheels and Caravaggio interior. The car is undeniably beautiful when done right.

No offense, but that looks like shit. The seems on the leather look like they are about to explode. Red looks hideous too. The problem with the POS interior is the interior itself. It's just ugly and nothing makes it not ugly. It needs a new, modern design; not new materials.

Red cars are the least expensive by a pretty wide margin right now, just because there are way more of them than anything else. Ford GT's are also really mileage sensitive. There are plenty of garage queens to choose from, so cars tend to drop quite a bit once they get to 2,500 then 5,000 then big time at 10,000 miles. I would think you could run into a red car with 5,000 miles for high 130's from a private seller. Maybe a little less. Talk to Shelby Smith at Elite Autos. I don't think he really buys red cars, but he'll advise you on the legit wholesale and retail values of that color. I bought a red car from him on MSO with 20 miles in 2008 for $170k. I would think that car would only be worth $160k at retail today.

No offense, but that looks like shit. The seems on the leather look like they are about to explode. Red looks hideous too. The problem with the POS interior is the interior itself. It's just ugly and nothing makes it not ugly. It needs a new, modern design; not new materials.

BWUK that is two posts in two days that EVERYONE will love!!!!

Can you make it a hat-trick?

I know I'm going to so regret replying and asking this, and not in a childish whiny way, but in an honest question, where does it look like the seams are about to explode? And the red is a personal opinion thing. (It's Ferrari Bordeaux Red though). The interior is not that bad for what you're paying for. I personally feel the LP640 interior is very bland and boring looking, especially with a $400,000+ price tag, but I still love it. It's just a matter of personal taste I guess.

Here's a few more examples with not as much leather wrapping as the last car...

post-5348-1287956169.jpg

post-5348-1287956177.jpg

post-5348-1287956187.jpg

Around the dash to the left of the steering - it looks lumpy - Stitching = about as subtly done as a face transplant.

thanks for the info, a red one with the bbs wheels

Red cars are the least expensive by a pretty wide margin right now, just because there are way more of them than anything else. Ford GT's are also really mileage sensitive. There are plenty of garage queens to choose from, so cars tend to drop quite a bit once they get to 2,500 then 5,000 then big time at 10,000 miles. I would think you could run into a red car with 5,000 miles for high 130's from a private seller. Maybe a little less. Talk to Shelby Smith at Elite Autos. I don't think he really buys red cars, but he'll advise you on the legit wholesale and retail values of that color. I bought a red car from him on MSO with 20 miles in 2008 for $170k. I would think that car would only be worth $160k at retail today.

Asking 150 something.. I can give you the guys contact info... you offer whatever you feel is fair though.. I have nothing to do with it..

I'm the high bidder, I've talked to them, they are reserved at the high 140's......

Well good luck to them. For the record, I paid $145k for a White car with 1600 miles from a private seller about 60 days ago. You can do better than high 140s for a 6,000 mile red car, just dig around. I'll let you know if I run into anything.

Funny to see all you guys saying FGT today compared to five years ago when I got mine. No doubt, get the FGT.

I still can't get over how relatively unpopular this car is within the exotic car community.....the blue oval bias is obviously too strong. :icon_thumleft: