Diablo 6.0 in Verde Ithaca

limey

VI isn't as easy as it seems. That's a bloody tri coat!

Which means:

Doors and hood, as well as front bumper will have to be painted on the car and be able to close to apply the mid coat, otherwise, colour will be off.

Need to give this one some more thought.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VI isn't as easy as it seems. That's a bloody tri coat!

Which means:

Doors and hood, as well as front bumper will have to be painted on the car and be able to close to apply the mid coat, otherwise, colour will be off.

Need to give this one some more thought.

Is the balloon white a three coat color?

If it's a pearl colour, then yes, aka Roys 6.0, then that has to be tri-coat.

The metallic orange - metallic Yellow & Verde Ithaca Green are all tri-coats. The rest are 2 ct.

VI, is white basecoat underneath & then the tint green is applied, then the clear coat.

If it's a pearl colour, then yes, aka Roys 6.0, then that has to be tri-coat.

The metallic orange - metallic Yellow & Verde Ithaca Green are all tri-coats. The rest are 2 ct.

VI, is white basecoat underneath & then the tint green is applied, then the clear coat.

Well then, Monterey blue perhaps? :icon_mrgreen:

i think if you document the re-paint and make sure it is clear that the car is not re-painted because of a bog & flog accident repair shouldnt be a problem.

as long as it is still a Lambo colour which VI is. im sure there will be someone in the used market who would love it, if youever sell it.

as for VI and VS i actually had some paint mixed up for some projects and had both VI and VS mixed up, and the VI would 'pop' far better on a 6.0, because the 6.0's did come with pearlescent paint so it wouldnt look out of place.

I wonder if anyone has a pic of a VS and VI car next to each other?

VI is a go.

Car is GUTTED to nothing & will be painted in the next few days.

All doors completley stripped down & off the car, all body panels removed & rockers off, there will be zero tape lines anywhere and nobody when i am finished, will ever tell that this car wasn't VI from day one.

Interior is going to be black, with green stitching and green piping (Currently yellow / yellow) on the seats and door sill trim, as well as e-brake cover. Dashboard is all black, as are door panels.

I'll post a few pics on Monday.

VI is a go.

Car is GUTTED to nothing & will be painted in the next few days.

All doors completley stripped down & off the car, all body panels removed & rockers off, there will be zero tape lines anywhere and nobody when i am finished, will ever tell that this car wasn't VI from day one.

Interior is going to be black, with green stitching and green piping (Currently yellow / yellow) on the seats and door sill trim, as well as e-brake cover. Dashboard is all black, as are door panels.

I'll post a few pics on Monday.

It will look great, good combo!

what about balloon white? that would look nice too....

Roy did that already. He has it listed for sale at his site. You can see pictures there. It does look fantastic.

Picked up the paint today, f*&^*&% that wasn't exactly "cheap" Using Global PPG 0077 & DCU2021 Clear.

Going in to paint on Monday/Tuesday.

I'm not sure on wheels yet, probably stick with the factory wheels and finish for now & see what it looks like all said and done.

Interior though is a whole different animal, that's going to be the tough part, getting the correct green piping ordered.

Picked up the paint today, f*&^*&% that wasn't exactly "cheap" Using Global PPG 0077 & DCU2021 Clear.

Going in to paint on Monday/Tuesday.

I'm not sure on wheels yet, probably stick with the factory wheels and finish for now & see what it looks like all said and done.

Interior though is a whole different animal, that's going to be the tough part, getting the correct green piping ordered.

maybe go without piping and just a hard up leather boot stitch, with green thread? would look alot sleeker IMO

It's game on, base coat applied, clear going on shortly.

No wonder VI. is a hot colour, looks ()%($()% amazing!

It's game on, base coat applied, clear going on shortly.

No wonder VI. is a hot colour, looks ()%($()% amazing!

AWESOME,

cant wait to see it