Diablo 6.0 in Verde Ithaca

limey

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Engine's back in the car, very constructive day today, motor back in and got all the factory stereo equipment working again, had an extensive aftermarket system installed and wanted to put the car back to 100% factory, had to install new wiring harness and speakers, but very pleased with the outcome.

Tune in tomorrow, will pist pics and should, all being well, have running by late afternoon.

Can't wait!!! Did you decide if you're painting the wheels black?

Wheels are going to stay stock 6.0 silver. I really like the look of silver and think black will hide some of the coolness. I will, if time permits, throw some wheels on it in the next couple days and take a picture, then someone can photo-shop the wheels black and calipers green and we can see what they look like, but honestly, i'm sticking with silver wheels and black calipers for now.

Engine & gearbox finished , New lightweight flywheel and kevlar clutch installed, headers on and all other odds and ends attached.

Going back in the car Monday. All being well, should have running Tuesday.

Target date for completion is still end of January.

Limey,How is the take off from dead stop with a lighter flywheel?

Don't you increase chances of stalling since Diablo has a very tall gear.

How much lighter is the flywheel?

It's alive!

Cranked it over for about 10 seconds, backfired. Switched the VVT sensor harness over, had them on the wrong side. Cranked over again, fired right up!

I'm well excited, should be completed by the end of next week, at least it's doable now that any potential headaches are all out the way. Just finish hooking things up the next 2 days. Spend the rest of next week detailing it and putting the rest of the interior in, & voila.

Interior finished.

Still looking to have finished by the end of next week.

102_1500.JPG

102_1485.JPG

102_1504.JPG

102_1501.JPG

102_1491.JPG

102_1496.JPG

102_1487.JPG

102_1502.JPG

102_1495.JPG

102_1492.JPG

102_1514.JPG

102_1488.JPG

102_1489.JPG

Wow! This will probably be the best "stock" Diablo ever built --- factory or otherwise --- and likely one of the very best looking one too! It's safe to conclude that the majority members here (if not everyone) is eagerly anticipating to see the finished product. Looks awesome, congrats!

Came off the lift yesterday and took it down the street for a drive. Car is a 2wd 6.0 now, with a lightweight clutch and flywheel assembly, removal of muffler box it's a 180 lbs lighter than a stock 6.0, feels very spirited.

Waiting on a couple more parts to come, new Brembo decals, detail the exterior, re-bleed the brakes and clutch and its finished!

Still aiming for Friday completion, will not post anymore pictures until completely finished.

Yeah yeah yeah, i know.

Anyway, car is "almost" finished. Got the rest of the parts late Friday, will be finished Monday.

So now, my camera shooting skills suck, so who in tampa can take some epic pictures off of a VI 6.0?

Guest Rob Burgundy
I will drive all the way down to Tampa and take pictures if I get a test drive as well. NOTE: I have no photography skills whatsoever :)

LOL!!