Bad Ass 670 SV TT

Steve400S

Why is a small blemish on a carfax despite proof the damage was minimal, preventing anyone from picking up a 1/1 UGR tt 570 SV?

Not interested in the all the other back and forth, but this is mind-boggling. A ding on a carfax is a problem for any car besides a true shitbox, and the more expensive/exotic the car the bigger the problem is. "Proof" the damage was very minor may help a little with some small subset of potential buyers, but most of them are smart enough to realize that the problem is going to substantially narrow the universe of potential buyers whenever they get around to selling the car, and the universe of potential buyers for a car like this is very small to begin with, so the existence of the problem becomes more important than the details. You could have video of the car being flown back to Italy and Lamborghini fixing some minor issue perfectly and flying it back, and at the end of the day it would matter a whole lot less than the mere fact that the incident is on the carfax and the car has a "story."

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, you did say it better ... Waaaaay back in Post #73 ...

"There is an Ass for Every Seat"

It just took a while for it to sink in with the rest of us ...

Nahhhh... that's just Hearsay :)

Not interested in the all the other back and forth, but this is mind-boggling. A ding on a carfax is a problem for any car besides a true shitbox, and the more expensive/exotic the car the bigger the problem is. "Proof" the damage was very minor may help a little with some small subset of potential buyers, but most of them are smart enough to realize that the problem is going to substantially narrow the universe of potential buyers whenever they get around to selling the car, and the universe of potential buyers for a car like this is very small to begin with, so the existence of the problem becomes more important than the details. You could have video of the car being flown back to Italy and Lamborghini fixing some minor issue perfectly and flying it back, and at the end of the day it would matter a whole lot less than the mere fact that the incident is on the carfax and the car has a "story."

I had a post written out that reflects this down to the T. I agree 100%.

Having been a buyer and seller of various cars, I can tell you that a dent in a carfax is a big deal and can make re-selling a royal PITA, especially given the fact that most of these cars are purchased, enjoyed for a certain amount of time, and sold.

Carry on.....oh, and I love my TTG. :icon_mrgreen:

I agree with Allan. I don't have a problem with people TT'ing their Lamborghini's--Hell, 2 of my last 3 Lambos (including Duhawks'-- of which I was the original owner) have gone to UGR to be TT'd. My issue is doing it to a rare and iconic car like the 670SV. Why not just do it to a regular Murci since the car winds up to be drastically different from the original with marginal DNA from the original driving experience remaining? There is a very small percentage of the "more rare/collector car" market that would be interested in purchasing a heavily modded car such as the 670SV being debated. It's not a knock against UGR, but I think this car will sell for less than a similar non-modded example would. Apples to apples would be the other yellow 670SV that's been for sale for over two years that has been disclosed to have been a press car and has had a tough life over its 7K mi. So it too has a "blemish" on its record. I consider these 2 cars to be in a similar "class" and it would be interesting to learn the final sales price for each car when they finally sell. And as for future return, it is my opinion that a stock 670SV will continue to appreciate while the modded car will either maintain or decrease in value over time. As for sound, you'd be hard pressed to have something sound distinctly better than my 670SV with the iPE exhaust or RaginBulls with the Kreissieg. As others have said, its just different strokes for different folks. I guess I'm just one of those "other" people who is not insecure enough to care if someone beats me from a light or not.

if someone beats me from a light or not.

Come on now, we don't dig race! LOL

I met a guy out in Texas the other week who collects cars. Not sure what all he has but he has 4 UGR cars. I think he said he owned 38 or 48 cars. I cannot remember what he said, it was mindboggling. He loves to collect modded cars, they are kind of like his race horses. He loves to watch them compete.

Kind of neat I thought. Just never know what people are into.

I agree with Allan. I don't have a problem with people TT'ing their Lamborghini's--Hell, 2 of my last 3 Lambos (including Duhawks'-- of which I was the original owner) have gone to UGR to be TT'd. My issue is doing it to a rare and iconic car like the 670SV. Why not just do it to a regular Murci since the car winds up to be drastically different from the original with marginal DNA from the original driving experience remaining? There is a very small percentage of the "more rare/collector car" market that would be interested in purchasing a heavily modded car such as the 670SV being debated. It's not a knock against UGR, but I think this car will sell for less than a similar non-modded example would. Apples to apples would be the other yellow 670SV that's been for sale for over two years that has been disclosed to have been a press car and has had a tough life over its 7K mi. So it too has a "blemish" on its record. I consider these 2 cars to be in a similar "class" and it would be interesting to learn the final sales price for each car when they finally sell. And as for future return, it is my opinion that a stock 670SV will continue to appreciate while the modded car will either maintain or decrease in value over time. As for sound, you'd be hard pressed to have something sound distinctly better than my 670SV with the iPE exhaust or RaginBulls with the Kreissieg. As others have said, its just different strokes for different folks. I guess I'm just one of those "other" people who is not insecure enough to care if someone beats me from a light or not.

That's all good, but the fact is here that the car would have sold long ago with a clean carfax. I know as everyone calls me on the car to get the story. They ask for my honest opinion and I give it to them. I don't like selling cars with a story behind it because for that price (with a clean carfax) I would buy them all day long. Its the same with the Yellow Superleggera that I think is still for sale from a lemon law buy back. Very cheap and very low miles, I know it was for sale for a long time at a cheap price. My customers didn't even want it as a build candidate. To think that the carfax didn't hurt the value or the sell is just silly.

I honestly don't race that many people. The fun for me is attacking open roads on the early morning weekends when they are wide open.

Yea, I saw your ass in Mexico taking out GTR's right and left you crazy MOFO! They are still picking up GTR carnage off those Mexican streets. OPEN ROADS, LMAO!!!!!

ASSMAN, I don't see anyone 6 weeks ago claiming there was some objective proof of minimal damage. I think Assman got hung up on a misreading of Scotty's post and phrased his question in a way that was loaded with an assumption that a fact exist that wasn't present.

Of course because I had to read all this, I'll now put you to sleep by diagraming sentences for hearsay and lack of foundation. Let's start with what Scotty writes: on 2/10/2014 http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...71017&st=20

"Yup, emailed Kevin today," [Not hearsay]

"he said, bad carfax." [Hearsay to say what Kevin said. But Kevin saying first hand "this is a bad carfax" isn't hearsay, that's just an opinion or characterization of the document to say it's 'good' or 'bad']

"really minor cosmetic damage and nothing serious" [Vague as to whether this is Scotty interpreting the Carfax, stating his personal observation, or repeating what Kevin says.]

So then Assman assumes that it's kevin that said "really minor cosmetic damage and nothing serious" and says:

"Why is a small blemish on a carfax despite proof the damage was minimal". [saying "despite proof that the damage was minimal" is assuming some "proof" exists.]

So you're in a circular argument. Kevin saw a car fax, said "car fax looks bad." Scotty saw the car fax and the car. Both of them read what was in the carfax (the contents of which are hearsay) and drew a conclusion. Scotty also personally observed the car and formed an opinion. And Kevin may have also passed along something else he heard. But I don't see anyone 6 weeks ago claiming there was some objective proof of minimal damage.

That will be $400

friday-debo-o_zps24e2245e.gif

No one has ever tried racing me ( unless it was an idiot in a 1980 honda with a fartcan exhaust) Even when Ive tried to bait others into racing me, no one would. When I had my GTT, only person I raced was TurboAlex in a GTR, and a TT Plastic mess-06, that was in 2 1/2 years. So the power is unused in my situation.

:iamwithstupid:

Not that i have a 1500hp lambo or even close to it, but have had my Z for almost 2 months now. Other than racing a 2006 or 2007 Gallardo on the highway and beating it by a couple cars from a 60-140 roll, nobody wants to race. Plus the traffic has gotten progressively worse in south fla. Every time I get in it, it's annoying that you cant stretch its legs-i cant imagine how it would be with anything over 1000rwhp in Miami (regardless of make). I guess in less populated areas, faster cars are likely a lot more fun to own.

I don't understand why some people are looking at a TT SV as some sort of criminal act.

That's like saying...if you are going to TT a Gallardo, just do it on a lesser model (04/05) and not a higher model (LP cars). It's always going to be up to the owner and what he/she wants to do, and nobody should interfere with how THEY want to spend THIER money. That's just silly.

If I was in the predicament of choosing between a TT Murci and a TT SV, I'd TT an SV ALL DAY because it's that much cooler.

If this is the car, looks even better in the video. Also, has the car been sold or did I just find an old link?

http://www.elitemotorsports.com/2010-Lambo...s-78726/2423669

That link was from a LONG time ago. It sat at Elite for months.. Then it was a Naple motorsports for quite a while, and then there was an unnamed party that was recently trying to sell it to Scotty.

I don't understand why some people are looking at a TT SV as some sort of criminal act.

That's like saying...if you are going to TT a Gallardo, just do it on a lesser model (04/05) and not a higher model (LP cars). It's always going to be up to the owner and what he/she wants to do, and nobody should interfere with how THEY want to spend THIER money. That's just silly.

If I was in the predicament of choosing between a TT Murci and a TT SV, I'd TT an SV ALL DAY because it's that much cooler.

I may TT my lawn mower, and maybe my dog too.

The 04/05 to LP comparison isn't the same as the regular Murcie to an SV comparison.

The comparison would be a regular Murcie to an LP Murcie. I don't need to tell you because we all know the SV was a limited model with far less made then the factory claimed.

People should do what they want and if someone owns an SV and they want to make it crazy fast, UGR of course is the way to go, but there a few it's tough for me to see modified.

The SV, a CGT, an F40 etc..

If it were my SV, I wouldn't mod it. Fact that it has already been done....

Clean carfax or not, if I could...I would pull the trigger on that thing! Damn!

The 04/05 to LP comparison isn't the same as the regular Murcie to an SV comparison.

They comparison would be a regular Murcie to an LP Murcie. I don't need to tell you because we all know the SV was a limited model with far less made then the factory claimed.

People should do what they want and if someone owns an SV and they want to make it crazy fast, UGR of course is the way to go, but there a few it's tough for me to see modified.

The SV, a CGT, an F40 etc..

Making the correct comparison wasn't the point though.. Even if I were to make the comparison from a regular Murci to a diamond encrusted Veneno, the bottom line is that if that is what the customer wants, who's to say it is right or wrong? This was the point I was trying to make.

Making the correct comparison wasn't the point though.. Even if I were to make the comparison from a regular Murci to a diamond encrusted Veneno, the bottom line is that if that is what the customer wants, who's to say it is right or wrong? This was the point I was trying to make.

For sure :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Purists will be purists that won't change. At the end of the day $ talks, bullshit walks and that's why this car was built.

Hey, I took a somewhat rare car... a six speed manual LP570 and TT'd it! One of THREE in the US... That is a rare Lambo , is it not??

Dont think I would have a problem selling that monster just as is sits with a UR Stage 3 with all the goodies if I listed it for sale.

... Unless... it had a bad carfax. That would suck ... :hunter:

How many SV's were made?

08 SLs were a limited production car and I think most of those have been TT.

Some of you buy cars as investments. Very hard to make a car an investment.... Takes a rare car and a great oppurtunity. 95% of us buy cars to put a smile on our face.

Money cannot buy happiness but it can put one hell of a down payment on it.

That link was from a LONG time ago. It sat at Elite for months.. Then it was a Naple motorsports for quite a while, and then there was an unnamed party that was recently trying to sell it to Scotty.

Thanks for the info!

Crazy to see a white 6 speed lp 670sv sell to BC for 515k, and this is sitting with no bites at 345k (based off input from this thread). Almost sounds like this car may have to dip in the low 3's or high 2's to sell

Hey, I took a somewhat rare car... a six speed manual LP570 and TT'd it! One of THREE in the US... That is a rare Lambo , is it not??

Dont think I would have a problem selling that monster just as is sits with a UR Stage 3 with all the goodies if I listed it for sale.

... Unless... it had a bad carfax. That would suck ... :hunter:

Yours is very rare! You might make a few bucks off it!

Everyone is different speaking strictly for myself I wouldn't let anyone TT my Lambo even if it was free and I am not even one of those "inverted comas" purists, I wouldn't care if you beat me from the lights in a Pinto because it would never even cross my mind to race you, I've matured, I learned how to be responsible, I have things to live for and take care of, why would I risk my life in a pointless dick measuring contest? If that's your scene have at it I do not care I do not judge you life's too short to worry about everyone else.

If you doing it to your own car my care factor is zero irrespective of what that car is, obviously in the case of the SV which is a classic it detracts from its value/salability and that my be an issue which you want to consider if you are on a shoestring budget when you mod the car, if you aren't than you have nothing to worry about, discount the damn thing until it sells, best used car selling strategy ever!

I may TT my lawn mower, and maybe my dog too.

Trying to keep a straight face here ... But ... With regards to the dog ...

Let me know if you no longer have to walk him, once the turbos are added ...