New Lamborghini - LP700-4 - Discussion

Hawkan

I cannot wait for the release of this car.

I wonder if the reason for no DI is lack of room for a big enough injector?

Still has less torque than a Buick GSX stage I.

Nick

There’s no direct injection, though - for now, at least. “We looked at it,” Reggiani revealed, “but there are issues with back pressure [in the exhaust system] and how you manage that while still achieving maximum power. Multi-point injection is a simple solution that avoids an additional device to reduce particulates, so we’ve gone with that. But DI is something we could look at again in the future.”

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/254173/

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There’s no direct injection, though - for now, at least. “We looked at it,” Reggiani revealed, “but there are issues with back pressure [in the exhaust system] and how you manage that while still achieving maximum power. Multi-point injection is a simple solution that avoids an additional device to reduce particulates, so we’ve gone with that. But DI is something we could look at again in the future.”

Good find. :icon_thumleft:

Makes sense as an "LP750-SV" with DI would be a good refresh at some point a few years down the road.

Leaves them with some ammo to use should Ferrari's 599-replacement be as lethal as the factory is claiming it will be...

Good find. :icon_thumleft:

Makes sense as an "LP750-SV" with DI would be a good refresh at some point a few years down the road.

Leaves them with some ammo to use should Ferrari's 599-replacement be as lethal as the factory is claiming it will be...

Again it boils down to product life. Why add di when they know that they are making enough power? Let's keep in mind this engine is the first since the 60s a brand new 12. I can't imagine not keeping this engine around for a long time...

7 speed manual=overkill on a true manual.

Why do you say that?? It would seem that it would allow better gear spacing no??

Why do you say that?? It would seem that it would allow better gear spacing no??

Personally anything more than 5 is getting to too many to keep shifting into manually. It's not an 18 wheeler.

Didn't that involve an overdrive box of some sort haha

Yeah they called it the twin stick-two speed transaxle shifter right next to the 4 speed shifter. It was pretty slick, and worked good with a tiny engine.

Personally anything more than 5 is getting to too many to keep shifting into manually. It's not an 18 wheeler.

Good point!! I guess when you think about it the more gears the less the difference between each individual gear. Probably leads to excessive shifting to keep in the sweet spot. :eusa_think:

Good point!! I guess when you think about it the more gears the less the difference between each individual gear. Probably leads to excessive shifting to keep in the sweet spot. :eusa_think:

There's the argument for both 6+ speeds and 3-4 speed transmissions.....closeness of ratios versus shifting too much.

I think it works best to leave anything past 6 speeds to a semi-auto/auto applications. 5-6 speeds is nice for a true sports car that is expected to have good acceleration under 100 mph and still be able to reach 150+.

If you just want to drag race in the quarter, particularly with American iron, then 2/3/4 speed transmissions are usually the way to go. Of course you're gonna want some big boy HP and TQ to move such a car.

The 2 speed "Powerglide" transmission from the '50s is still popular. :icon_mrgreen:

I was invited by our local dealer to view the murcialago successor in bahrain today. After a short presentation by the regional manager i got to spend about 2 hours with the car.

We had to sign nda's which strictly stated no photography, and while we didnt get our phones taken away i chose not to photograph. Out of respect and to make sure im not on the lambo blacklist, as i was sold on the car. :D

Anyone ever drive 3 on the tree? :)

I drove a 4 on the column (tree) rental minivan in Antigua. That was really interesting for me because it was RHD too.

I had an invitation to see the car today. I got the chance to sit in it and rev it :icon_mrgreen:

im telling you guys the car completely redefines the word supercar. had to sign an nda so no pics guys + dont wanna be on the lambo blacklist

After a 15 min presentation by the regional manager they took us to a room and uncovered the car. I spent 2 hours looking at the car and talking with the lambo reps, so this is how im gonna sum it up;

Exterior : She sat there in pearl white with black rims. The car has strong lambo dna. That menacing look is still there, yet it is somehow more sophisticated. Its looks a lot like a reventon, but believe it or not a sexier more elegant version. Very sharp lines along the front fender running all the way across the doors and back , and HUGE air intakes on the sides. kind of like the audi r8s but way sexier. Doors open up like the murc's but at an angle this time. The front looks beautiful with air diffusers that resemble the lp570 sl's and gorgeous looking headlights. The air cooling ducts open up when the engine gets hot similar to the murc's but open up from another direction. The rear off the car looked like a cross between a reventon and the four door estoque concept. There is a rear spoiler that deploys at a certain speed and glass panels over the engine bay.

Interior : Wow, big step up from anything lambo or even audi i have ever seen. This is quality stuff, i could go on blabbing about the quality of the leather and how good it smells etc, but i found pictures which are about 80-90% close to what i saw. The estoque concept. Same steering wheel, same seats and the same center console but with a different button layout. The door handles are different to accommodate the scissor action. The interior i saw was black and it looked sick! tft screen for the dashboard that replaces the gauges. The driver and passenger are separated via a high sitting centre console. Very focused drivers seat which feels like a fighter jet cockpit. The starter button is a very nice detail. The button is covered with a red cover which you have to flick open before you fire away the engine! And boy does it fire up with an explosion.

Sound : The car has 3 modes, and the sound seems to change with the modes selected. It sounds exotic when revved, but not as loud as i was expecting. Something tells me from the way the engine barks at startup that it is going to sound sick wide open on the road.

Engineering: Very exotic suspension layout, with rear dampeners horizontally mounted like an f1 car. All the bodywork on the car is aerodynamically functional. Carbon fiber monocoque saves weight and provides far more rigidity than metal for handling.

While talking with the reps they stated that there is a new orange color coming out and that is more "alive" than the current orange. They also stated that what i saw is going to be exactly what the production unit is going to look like. The current name is the lp-700-4 and the model name is going to be unveiled with the car in march.

After a 15 min presentation by the regional manager they took us to a room and uncovered the car. I spent 2 hours looking at the car and talking with the lambo reps, so this is how im gonna sum it up;

Exterior : She sat there in pearl white with black rims. The car has strong lambo dna. That menacing look is still there, yet it is somehow more sophisticated. Its looks a lot like a reventon, but believe it or not a sexier more elegant version. Very sharp lines along the front fender running all the way across the doors and back , and HUGE air intakes on the sides. kind of like the audi r8s but way sexier. Doors open up like the murc's but at an angle this time. The front looks beautiful with air diffusers that resemble the lp570 sl's and gorgeous looking headlights. The air cooling ducts open up when the engine gets hot similar to the murc's but open up from another direction. The rear off the car looked like a cross between a reventon and the four door estoque concept. There is a rear spoiler that deploys at a certain speed and glass panels over the engine bay.

Interior : Wow, big step up from anything lambo or even audi i have ever seen. This is quality stuff, i could go on blabbing about the quality of the leather and how good it smells etc, but i found pictures which are about 80-90% close to what i saw. The estoque concept. Same steering wheel, same seats and the same center console but with a different button layout. The door handles are different to accommodate the scissor action. The interior i saw was black and it looked sick! tft screen for the dashboard that replaces the gauges. The driver and passenger are separated via a high sitting centre console. Very focused drivers seat which feels like a fighter jet cockpit. The starter button is a very nice detail. The button is covered with a red cover which you have to flick open before you fire away the engine! And boy does it fire up with an explosion.

Sound : The car has 3 modes, and the sound seems to change with the modes selected. It sounds exotic when revved, but not as loud as i was expecting. Something tells me from the way the engine barks at startup that it is going to sound sick wide open on the road.

Engineering: Very exotic suspension layout, with rear dampeners horizontally mounted like an f1 car. All the bodywork on the car is aerodynamically functional. Carbon fiber monocoque saves weight and provides far more rigidity than metal for handling.

While talking with the reps they stated that there is a new orange color coming out and that is more "alive" than the current orange. They also stated that what i saw is going to be exactly what the production unit is going to look like. The current name is the lp-700-4 and the model name is going to be unveiled with the car in march.

finally something!! thank you! I was about to give up on this thread