New Lamborghini - LP700-4 - Discussion

Hawkan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well the 0-100 km/h time of this car is supposedly 0.3 seconds quicker than the SV. thats pretty significant. and thats not a 0-60 mph time, its a 0-62 mph time and what american mags will publish with their 1-foot rollout is anyone's guess.

also, though the car has "only" 30 more hp, who knows how much more its able to put to the ground via the new AWD system.

I dont think there is enough appreciation for the fact that this is the most powerful NA production engine today (or ever AFAIK)

Ferrari FXX Evoluzione makes 860HP and it's naturally aspirated. Not production, of course, but the L539 is not the most powerful NA engine ever.

Ferrari FXX Evoluzione makes 860HP and it's naturally aspirated. Not production, of course, but the L539 is not the most powerful NA engine ever.

I believe he said most powerful NA production engine ever. I think he is right.

I would like to understand why you think small run manufacturing is more profitable than large run manufacturing on a component-type item, and how it more quickly offsets the initial capitol investment.

It doesn't make any sense to me :eusa_think:

I dont think I ever said more profitable.... I only said it is more favorable for small run manufacturers like Lamborghini.... Carbon manufacturing initial investment is less than traditional tooling. The catch? The per unit costs are way more... However, with the exotic car segment shifting at a faster pace than before, carbon technology in high end cars make sense especially when the dollar amount per vehicle is so high... Anyone considered why the murcie has gained so much in terms of pricing over the years? At the end, the SV is at 500k versus 300k for an 02 murcie... The difference of component cost over the years couldnt have soared that much. An sv is using essentially the same mechanicals as an 02 murcie with the exception of a bigger engine, which is just a variance in terms of cc displacement through different bore , stroke along with different body styling, etc. All those difference surely cant add a 200k tag over an 02 murcie vs an SV.... It has all been carefully orchestrated so that the new platform with carbon tech can be accepted at the new proposed pricing. Whats been done is that Lamborghini has moved its premium halo car upmarket where carbon technology can effectively be incorporated into the per unit price....

The key though is that Lamborghini has been repositioned to be VW empire's carbon development brand. The brand will never be a cash cow. So more profitable, no. But perhaps profitable enough while still spearheading carbon development? Absolutely...

For god sakes, someone take a camera!

I will be there, do you really think they will let someone bring in a camera even a hidden camera will be checked, and you will sign a form making you liable for disclosure.

I dont think I ever said more profitable.... I only said it is more favorable for small run manufacturers like Lamborghini.... Carbon manufacturing initial investment is less than traditional tooling. The catch? The per unit costs are way more... However, with the exotic car segment shifting at a faster pace than before, carbon technology in high end cars make sense especially when the dollar amount per vehicle is so high... Anyone considered why the murcie has gained so much in terms of pricing over the years? At the end, the SV is at 500k versus 300k for an 02 murcie... The difference of component cost over the years couldnt have soared that much. An sv is using essentially the same mechanicals as an 02 murcie with the exception of a bigger engine, which is just a variance in terms of cc displacement through different bore , stroke along with different body styling, etc. All those difference surely cant add a 200k tag over an 02 murcie vs an SV.... It has all been carefully orchestrated so that the new platform with carbon tech can be accepted at the new proposed pricing. Whats been done is that Lamborghini has moved its premium halo car upmarket where carbon technology can effectively be incorporated into the per unit price....

The key though is that Lamborghini has been repositioned to be VW empire's carbon development brand. The brand will never be a cash cow. So more profitable, no. But perhaps profitable enough while still spearheading carbon development? Absolutely...

wow... insightful.....

well F1 cars a few years ago made about 950 hp :icon_mrgreen: But this is a road car and thats the impressive part.

I cannot wait for the release of this car.

I wonder if the reason for no DI is lack of room for a big enough injector?

I dont think there is enough appreciation for the fact that this is the most powerful NA production engine today (or ever AFAIK)

Still has less torque than a Buick GSX stage I.

Nick

well F1 cars a few years ago made about 950 hp :icon_mrgreen: But this is a road car and thats the impressive part.

and the offshore Lambo v12's make comfortably over 1000hp when run without a restrictor.

Especially if you have a 6-speed SV...

Mako let me pick your mind a bit. Wouldn't enthusiast want to pick up a brand new flagship and drop the SV? The only reason I can think of for not selling the SV for the new car would be the 6 speed would be a hard sell which would mean the price fetched isn't all that great. The new car seems like its got it all. More aggressive styling, new engine, state of the art gearbox and AWD. So why not take the plunge if one can afford it? Isn't it harder to squeeze out performance potential in a car with a manual as well? There are so many things that can go WRONG on a day at track or drag strip employing a manual.....bogging the launch, missed shifts, heel toe etc etc why not let the mechanicals take care of themselves with the new transmission?

Mako let me pick your mind a bit. Wouldn't enthusiast want to pick up a brand new flagship and drop the SV? The only reason I can think of for not selling the SV for the new car would be the 6 speed would be a hard sell which would mean the price fetched isn't all that great. The new car seems like its got it all. More aggressive styling, new engine, state of the art gearbox and AWD. So why not take the plunge if one can afford it? Isn't it harder to squeeze out performance potential in a car with a manual as well? There are so many things that can go WRONG on a day at track or drag strip employing a manual.....bogging the launch, missed shifts, heel toe etc etc why not let the mechanicals take care of themselves with the new transmission?

I strongly dis-agree..there may be LESS of the mass market for a true 6 speed car..but once that one person wants it, they are going to pay for it..ESPICALY with the SV..ONLY TWO ever made it to the USA Shores and ONLY 5 total world wide..and with ONLY 38 or so SV cars in the US..it is an instant rare and extremely well perfroming car. I am happy to stick my neck out and say the "performace" difference between the SV and the "new" car will almost be un-noticeable to the naked driver...maybe with 1/10 of second time pieces and still, with that it will; depend on weather, driver, like best 3 out of 5..I do not see the "new" car, with only 30HP more and heavier then the current SV to WIN hands down noticeably time after time..just IMO>

As far as the 6 speed "slower" or missed shifts on the track..I dont pretend to be an "expert" race driver..BUT I can say that this year at the Fontana track at the Ultimate Lamborghini Event III, I, as well as Valantino in HIS 6 speed Balboni were CONSITENTLY in with the pack of e-gears if NOT pulling from them and laping them. AND there was two other SV cars on the track...maybe they did not push thme to their limit as I did LOL LOL or whatever..but I can also say when I was standing on the side lines..I heard MANY MANY a "miss" shift with the e-gear cars as well..several up shifts to fast and ahead of the power curve as well as a TON of down shifts that I was just waiting for a motor to blow up..

I think a 6 speed car, with the correct driver is just as effective as any e-gear car...and IMO 10 TIMES the fun..in ALL driving situations...espicaly on the everyday road...I just wonder how many E-gear owners get upset or embarressed when their e-gear cars buck violintely in reverse when parking as well as at times when taking of in first gear from a stop light...just food for thought.

But, to each his own...and until the day I die, I will not be with out my 6 speed car..I can ONLY hope that my 2010 LP670-4SV and my special order 2011 LP560-4SL TRUE 6 speed (told to be the ONLY 6 speed 570-4 in the USA currently) cars will last me till my driving days are over.

An sv will always find its fans regardless. Just like how diablo has its fans. Usually, with all the technological advances, some of the rawness so inherent in the older cars gets lost. To add to what Roy was saying, at some point acceleration and performance figures really dont make much difference. What does make the impression is how it operates, the feeling and overall experience. Furthermore, newer isnt necessarily always better. Some will argue that it is wiser to get the best and last of a series while others will just want the latest and greatest. Besides with the SV at the prices its at, it will be at that point a personal choice.

Roy,

I love the 6 speed manual, too.

I've been wondering: Why is it that Lamborghini, the so-called super-sports car manufacturer, no longer will build any 'true' manual transmissions ........ BUT...... just yonder, over the boarder, Audi has no problem cranking out the R8 with both a true manual 6 speed and their R tronic® (eGear) ???

An Audi customer can handle a manual transmission; and.... a Lamborghini customer is inept ?? :eusa_think:

Roy,

I love the 6 speed manual, too.

I've been wondering: Why is it that Lamborghini, the so-called super-sports car manufacturer, no longer will build any 'true' manual transmissions ........ BUT...... just yonder, over the boarder, Audi has no problem cranking out the R8 with both a true manual 6 speed and their R tronic® (eGear) ???

An Audi customer can handle a manual transmission; and.... a Lamborghini customer is inept ?? :eusa_think:

The answer lies in the 7 speed. Up til now, only Porsche has a 7 speed manual being released. There is a big difference between a 6 speed and a 7 speed that probably led to a decision for strictly egear.... In terms of faster and ease of operation, probably the decision for strictly egear made more sense. Furthermore, to look at the number of purchases of manual vs egear, it almost seals the fate of any possibility for a manual 7...

But, to each his own...and until the day I die, I will not be with out my 6 speed car..I can ONLY hope that my 2010 LP670-4SV and my special order 2011 LP560-4SL TRUE 6 speed (told to be the ONLY 6 speed 570-4 in the USA currently) cars will last me till my driving days are over.

Roy, I thought that Webster132 also had a 6 speed 570-4SL? And that he also specced his without the CC brakes?

Otherwise, very good points about the 6 speed manuals! :icon_thumleft:

Roy, I thought that Webster132 also had a 6 speed 570-4SL? And that he also specced his without the CC brakes?

Otherwise, very good points about the 6 speed manuals! :icon_thumleft:

That may be...the last info I had from the factory was there was no other 6 speed SL produced, (ordered) BUT that was back in July the last I heard when I got mine...so may have been since then..would be nice to know for sure..if so, I would venture to say is may be the only other one..?

I will try to get an answer from my source at the factory in the next few days.

PS What color is his and what part of the country...not familiar with this person..?

That may be...the last info I had from the factory was there was no other 6 speed SL produced, (ordered) BUT that was back in July the last I heard when I got mine...so may have been since then..would be nice to know for sure..if so, I would venture to say is may be the only other one..?

PS What color is his and what part of the country...not familiar with this person..?

It's a Verde Ithica LP-570SL, he's from Chicago. He's a great guy Roy. He was at Concourso this year and did the Italian Stampede with us.

Here is a link to his profile:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showuser=9581

Also check out the thread on his Zonda build:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50102

Also the link to the site about his Zonda H.H.:

http://www.zondahh.com/

To even take it one step further, here is a link to a picture of the SL for you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lexzion/4891645482/lightbox/

Hi Roy, Webster132 is the guy at the centre of the Pagani Zonda HH megathread :-)

I think his SL is VI...and there was something about him getting it delivered while he was away in his Europe trip or something...

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...=49772&st=0

and I just re-read that thread, it turns out that his SL is in fact egear but with steel brakes, apologies for the confusion.

The answer lies in the 7 speed. Up til now, only Porsche has a 7 speed manual being released. There is a big difference between a 6 speed and a 7 speed that probably led to a decision for strictly egear.... In terms of faster and ease of operation, probably the decision for strictly egear made more sense. Furthermore, to look at the number of purchases of manual vs egear, it almost seals the fate of any possibility for a manual 7...

qvpower,

It still begs the question, why do the German cars still get manufactured with manuals and the Italian ones do not ? That's my quandary. :)

I believe he said most powerful NA production engine ever. I think he is right.

There's also the 750bhp Aston One-77, but that's a pretty massive jump upmarket.