just pulled the trigger on a new 11' GTR!

SV-N-IT

ill post pics when the truck delivers this week. with all this hype lately i couldnt resist.

then on saturday i go see the Preston Henn (owner of swap shop) car collection (50 million worth of exotics including veyron) and his DD is a white GTR lol

after that i was sold ;)

i did the black w/gray interior. the seats look like a off white leather, very hot combination!

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i in the right thread? It does say cribs right, not closets ? My bedroom closet is bigger than your flat lol.

And this from the dude that constantly criticizes everyone and pooh poohs everything. Too funny.

Congratz Bill, this proves you stil have crappy taste :thefinger: :icon_thumleft:

I actually have a black GTR outside in my garage as we speak...........

Guest SP_LOTTA MURCI
Congratz Bill, this proves you stil have crappy taste :thefinger: :icon_thumleft:

Still have crappy taste? Am I missing something here? :eusa_think:

Still have crappy taste? Am I missing something here? :eusa_think:

I'm just messing around with him, I actually have a friends GTR outside, I wrote a quick writeup in the ultimate DD thread, will report back when I have more seat time in the dry tomorrow :icon_thumleft:

Congratz Bill :icon_butt: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_thumleft:

How or why did you quote from a whole different thread and different person?

Do these cars still have the transmission issues or was that fixed?

The tranny issue is fixed. It wasn't the transmission itself, but rather a built in launch mode that launched at 5400 rpm that was blowing the trannies especially when launched continuously without proper time to cool. The revised launch mode is more like 2300 rpm, but I believe the 2012 will have it around 3500 rpm. Despite that tuners like SP have made their custom launch maps. People that do track these cars are usually suggested to add some additional coolers, like a tranny cooler to keep it safe.

The tranny issue is fixed. It wasn't the transmission itself, but rather a built in launch mode that launched at 5400 rpm that was blowing the trannies especially when launched continuously without proper time to cool. The revised launch mode is more like 2300 rpm, but I believe the 2012 will have it around 3500 rpm. Despite that tuners like SP have made their custom launch maps. People that do track these cars are usually suggested to add some additional coolers, like a tranny cooler to keep it safe.

Damn Raj,

Looks like you will be STEPPING UP soon too.

Guest SP_LOTTA MURCI

Looks like someone's been doing their research... I love it! :icon_mrgreen:

So at minimum i'd have to drive straight to SP and have them tune it. I'd be scared though because they already threatened me with my biggest problem. I'd go in for a tune and drive out with a 800 hp kit....

Hmmm, I don't see any problem there! :icon_mrgreen:

the original LC was at 4500 RPM, it would sometimes wheel hop and that was the primary cause of breaking things.... the LC2 update launches at 3k RPM, and the 2011 cars have LC3 which launches at 3,300 RPM.... there are some secret tricks to launch higher with LC2/LC3 though....

the updated Cobb AP can control the launch RPM, so you can fine tune, and with proper tires and mods, rip off 0-60's consistently in the 2.5 second range.... VERY few cars have any chance against a GT-R from a stop.....

here is my car doing an LC2 launch on the street... the 2nd video shows me bumping up the launch RPM.....

:shock: :lol2:

Other than the mixing up the RPM LC settings, that was very impressive, Raj.. :icon_thumleft:

FikseGTS,

What is the best way to drag race the car? Auto mode and all settings in RRR?

what is RRR? when fikse ran the 2.9 was that the mode he was in?

what is RRR? when fikse ran the 2.9 was that the mode he was in?

I'll try to be concise..

The suspension, transmission, and traction control systems each have three settings you can choose from, one of them being "R" mode, meaning 'race mode". If you have the trans setting in R mode, it will shift quicker along with some other things.

What I was asking is if I am drag racing the car, is the trans, suspension, and traction control all set in R mode all while choosing the auto mode. (you can choose from an auto mode where the car will shift for you, or you can choose from a manual mode, where you use the paddle shifters to do the shifting)

I know it is a bit confusing but reading the manual will really clarify all settings for each system. =)

I'll try to be concise..

The suspension, transmission, and traction control systems each have three settings you can choose from, one of them being "R" mode, meaning 'race mode". If you have the trans setting in R mode, it will shift quicker along with some other things.

What I was asking is if I am drag racing the car, is the trans, suspension, and traction control all set in R mode all while choosing the auto mode. (you can choose from an auto mode where the car will shift for you, or you can choose from a manual mode, where you use the paddle shifters to do the shifting)

I know it is a bit confusing but reading the manual will really clarify all settings for each system. =)

thx, does the auto mode shift faster then manual mode?

the GTR is like a car version of a ipad lol , im used to pushing in a clutch, hitting the gas, and shifting! lol

I'll try to be concise..

Fadi, to add even more to the confusion, not only did the launch control rpm's differ for each model year so far (LC1 came with the '09's, LC2 with the '10's, and LC3 with the '11''s), they are also all different in terms of the modes in which you can engage launch control. In the '09's you could only engage launch control in R-R-Off (with VDC/stability control off), and I'm pretty sure only in manual mode. Having to turn VDC off was also a big part of the tranny controversy, because the warranty booklet said you shouldn't turn VDC off except to escape from ice or snow, and the only way you could engage the launch control was with VDC off.

Then the '10's came with the revised LC2, and you can engage it in R-R-R (with VDC on) or in R-R-Off (with VDC off), and in either manual or auto mode. In fact I think you may be able to engage LC2 in the '10's in any combination of the three modes.

Then with the '11's they changed it so that you can only engage launch control in R-R-R (with VDC on), and only with the tranny in manual mode.

Again, all this is largely a moot point now that the tuners are flashing the TCU, and I think a lot of the high powered cars that have been setting records lately have been using custom flashes or have been flashed to the original LC1 with the high rpm launch (and have definitely been launching with VDC off as it would kill the 60' time on a high hp car). But if you're heading out with stock software what year your car is will affect what options you have on launch control. The two times I've been I launched in R-R-R mode (I have a '10), with the tranny in auto, as that 1-2 shift point occurs so fast with the high first gear in these cars I don't think there is any way I'd be able to hit right manually.

thx, does the auto mode shift faster then manual mode?

the GTR is like a car version of a ipad lol , im used to pushing in a clutch, hitting the gas, and shifting! lol

As noted above, you won't be able to use launch control in auto mode in an '11 without a reflash of the TCU. I don't think either shifts "faster" (I suspect the shift times are the same), but as I said it's a heck of lot easier to shift at redline with the tranny doing the shifting for you, especially on the 1-2 shift. You can of course "launch" from a dig in auto mode without brake boosting or engaging launch control just by flooring the gas from a stop without your foot on the brake, but that would be slower out of the hole than using launch control with the rpm's up. So you need to either learn to hit that 1-2 shift or get a reflash. :)