TSA Hunnies

Rix

The rest of the world does it wrong, which is why I live HERE.

:icon_thumleft:

Funny thing when one is talking about a privilege and yet gives away his rights.. may be that's how you end up having someone in charge let you feel "privileged" to once in awhile make a choice on your own..

"Det er her det blir et kulturskille for oss og vi kommer aldri til å skjønne hva problemet er. Jeg er helt enig med deg."

I thought it was polite to speak a language everyone understands in a company?

Hey, im with you on the walking through naked thing. No shame in my game. I was just curious for a clarification. In regards about flying without the fear, well that shouldnt stop until all terrorists are wiped off this earth. because if there is a will there is a way.....

I agree 100%. I'm just for anything that can help improve flight safety.

I thought it was polite to speak a language everyone understands in a company?

It wasn't directed at you.

It wasn't directed at you.

Then dont post it in the open forum..... Its why we have pms.

:icon_thumleft:

Funny thing when one is talking about a privilege and yet gives away his rights.. may be that's how you end up having someone in charge let you feel "privileged" to once in awhile make a choice on your own..

Exactly..... When you give up your rights, all you are left with is privileges.

And yes, I know its tired, and a bit oversimplified, but the old bugger had it essentially right....

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Yeah I'll pass on infantile T-ray technology.

Issues are popping up relating to MRIs, no way in hell I trust T-ray scanners. And I consider myself Mr. build a nuclear power plant in my backyard.

I'm confused, are you against the TSA scanner or not?

Nothing to be confused about.... Im against the TSA scanners... And the notion that the rest of the world is fine with the government searching them without cause, means absolutely jack shit to me.

Now.. Im not against the TSA... Im not against keeping weapons off planes... Im not against Magnetometers.... They create NO PICTURE.... they are passive and simply detect the presence of metallic objects.

The fact remains, it is nearly impossible to create an EXPLOSION large enough to damage a plane without using metal (as the shoe and underwear bombers have shown us). You can light yourself on fire pretty easily.... But making a "BOOM" (and a "boom" big enough to breach the fairly substantial hull of an aircraft) is a whole different story.

Im also not against the scanners or the frisking IF there is articulable REASONABLE SUSPICION that the person may be a bad guy.

Im also not against PROFILING to reach that reasonable suspicion.... If a bank gets robbed this afternoon by a tall, fat, 40 year old white guy with brown hair, and boyish good looks, then by all fcuking means, PULL MY STUPID ASS OVER AND ASK ME SOME fcuking QUESTIONS.... If I look nervous or shifty, frisk me down.

Were looking for criminals here. We GENERALLY know what they look like (although, that could be deceiving so it shouldnt be the end of the story).... More than that... WE KNOW HOW THEY ACT... What their PASTIMES are... How they behave in the months and years prior to carrying out their attacks.... And if you happen to be a fine upstanding citizen, but you unfortunately share a couple of traits and habits with the people who have a hard-on for civil aviation, then I'm sorry.... But you should get looked at a little more seriously.

In EVERY instance of attempted aviation terrorism in the last 10 years, there were red flags GALORE.... The lady who sold Mohammed Atta his ticket later said she KNEW something wasnt right about him.... That there was an "ANGER" about him.... But she didnt want to insult him so she didnt say anything about it at the time... In a SANE world that ticket agent is seen as the FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE... Day in and day out she deals with the traveling public.,... SHES A SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT, and when that voice inside her head said "What the fcuk is this guy so pissed off about?" she should have been empowered to say "Mr. Atta... Here is your ticket... Please follow me over her for your preflight prostate exam". (not that it would have mattered.... The weapons they had on them were LEGAL TO TAKE ON THE PLANE AT THE TIME!!!).

These machines make us NO SAFER.... NONE.... Its KABUKI. I have already thought of a half dozen ways to get things past them.... And If Im able to do it, I guarantee Al Quada already has as well...

Nothing to be confused about.... Im against the TSA scanners... And the notion that the rest of the world is fine with the government searching them without cause, means absolutely jack shit to me.

:iamwithstupid:

If I CHOOSE to fly then I'm subject to the search. Plain and simple. I could opt for a bus or a train, it's a choice and with certain choices comes certain restrictions and regulations. No big fcuking deal.

If I CHOOSE to fly then I'm subject to the search. Plain and simple. I could opt for a bus or a train, it's a choice and with certain choices comes certain restrictions and regulations. No big fcuking deal.

Actually there are plans to get them at bus, train, and subway stations.

Do you get that type of treatment everytime you get in your car or on a train or a bus? What is the distinction between the modes really? I actually feel just as safe on a plane no matter what. I don't understand why my choice of transportation makes me fall to more scrutiny than another. The metal detector should be enough in my opinion.

If I CHOOSE to fly then I'm subject to the search. Plain and simple. I could opt for a bus or a train, and paddle across the ocean.

fixed that for you

Do you get that type of treatment everytime you get in your car or on a train or a bus? What is the distinction between the modes really? I actually feel just as safe on a plane no matter what. I don't understand why my choice of transportation makes me fall to more scrutiny than another. The metal detector should be enough in my opinion.

:iamwithstupid:

All this does is provide passengers with a false sense of security. If backscatter machines were used on 9/11....well.

I'd go far to say the year or two after 9/11 were the SAFEST time to fly. Big guys will know what I am talking about. If you were a big guy, you, and every other big guy looked at each other and gave "the nod." That is what we need more of.

In depth bag searching? Yes.

T-ray scanners? No-Useless.

Unfortunately we are using this technology as a crutch, not a weapon.