Sad.. RIP RobertP

Allan-Herbie

Some may remember awhile back, not on LP, but on other forums I had gotten into with a member named RobertP.. He was a diehard Porsche fan and we disagreed on many things. Robert passed away recently and it makes you realize how short life truly is.. Hope he knows none of it was personal, and all in good fun.. RIP Robert. Hope you are in a better place with Porsches galore...

http://obit.oconnormortuary.com/obitdispla...listing=Current

That's sad..poor guy :(

Aside: Did anyone read his children's names?

Amerdeep

Seandeep

Mayadeep

??

I could be wrong, but I think he's possibly half Indian on his fathers side and his wife is Indian. 'Deep' is a fairly common ending for Indian names. The front root seems like he chose anglicized first portions of the names so as to fit in with the general Christian names you find in the US. It's not an uncommon practice because ignorant people often make fun of names they aren't used to.

What a horrible way to die. I have a friend who died the same way a couple of years ago at the age of 32. In the process his friends signed up 50,000 people to the bone marrow registry. My friend had a transplant too, but AML is a horrible disease.