Clarksons salary?

andyling

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/celeb...ar-top-earnings

Top Gear frontman Jeremy Clarkson pocketed at least $5.2 million in 2010 from driving fast cars and presenting the top rating Top Gear show.

On top of his rumoured $2m taxpayer-funded salary from the BBC for hosting the hit motoring show, Clarkson shares a cut of the merchandise and spin-offs from the show.

The multi-million dollar salary is many multiples of the estimated few hundred thousand pounds ($500,000) the show's once top secret racing driver - outed as race driver Ben Collins - reportedly earned from a book deal since revealing he was the man behind the white helmet.

At the time Clarkson called Collins greedy and even jokingly warned children that "greed is bad" while referencing the film Wall Street.

According to UK media reports Top Gear executive producer Andy Wilman and BBC Worldwide are partners in a company called Bedder 6.

That company handles the DVD, magazine, toys and other Top Gear-branded merchandise around the world.

Bedder 6 paid Clarkson about $1.7m for his contribution as well as lesser amounts to Wilman and the BBC.

But that is only part of his income with extra deals for newspaper columns, books and DVDs enough to add at least another $1m to his annual pay packet.

He has produced 18 DVDs independently of Top Gear since 1995. His latest, The Italian Job, was released last year.

The extra few million dollars will add to the Clarkson family's wealth, which was created when his mother invented the famous Paddington Bear stuffed teddy.

Clarkson is never far from controversy, something that gravitates viewers to the show.

He once called former British prime minister Gordon Brown a "one-eyed scottish idiot", has upset the RSPCA for comments about animals, regularly makes jokes about the French and more recently for wearing burkas while driving a convertible.

good for him, he is basically responsible for the relaunch of the most popular show on the BBC.

Also I didnt know his mom created the Paddington Bear.

Although he is just a TV presenter, I was still thinking he must get paid a lot to be the No.1 Guy in the car industry.

The personal DVDs he made, Most recent of them are associated with Billionares.

I read one of his articals a while ago, he metioned he's dad always came home with few matchbox cars after his business trips.

Cool mum, but awesome dad as well. But Why is he Sooo different!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/celeb...ar-top-earnings

Top Gear frontman Jeremy Clarkson pocketed at least $5.2 million in 2010 from driving fast cars and presenting the top rating Top Gear show.

On top of his rumoured $2m taxpayer-funded salary from the BBC for hosting the hit motoring show, Clarkson shares a cut of the merchandise and spin-offs from the show.

Good income by any measure but you'd think for being the central figure of one of the most popular shows in the world with such strong merchandising he'd be taking in more.

I found another article:

Top Gear star Jeremy Clarkson would not have been on our screen every Sunday if it wasn't for Paddington Bear.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/edit...larkson_mum.jpg

Alex Eckford spoke to Shirley Clarkson, Jeremy's mum and creator of the very first Paddington Bear soft toy.

Shirley Clarkson has revealed how Jeremy’s life would have taken a very different path if it weren’t for the cuddly toy.

“We enrolled Jeremy at Repton school, but didn’t know how we were going to pay for it,” says Shirley. “Then, just in the nick of time we started making enough money from the business to pay for his education.

“I’ve got a Paddington bear on the dashboard of my car. I looked at it recently and thought ‘if it hadn’t been for the success of the toys, Jeremy wouldn’t have had all the chances he’s had in life’.”

And her then schoolboy son wasn’t afraid to use it to his advantage.

“Oh yes, and Jeremy used to get kisses from the girls in return for Paddington Bears.”

Shirley also spilled the beans on how her son was obsessed with cars from an early age.

“Jeremy loved Dinky cars. He had thousands of them. He used to crash them into the skirting boards.”

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/edit...on_salesman.jpg

Shirley is staying in Jeremy’s Notting Hill flat for the duration of her stay.

“I’ve just cleaned it. It was filthy,” says Shirley, smiling. “I cleaned the kitchen while he was out, and all his coffee mugs. And then I went in the bedroom to look at my outfit in the full-length mirror, took one look at the bedroom and thought ‘Oh, Jeremy!’”

But staying in her son’s flat meant Shirley would be able to spend some quality time with her son. Or so she thought.

“We were walking a hundred yards from Jeremy’s flat to a restaurant,” says Shirley. “And every few feet people were stopping him to talk to him. Later I asked him if he minded, and he said ‘yes, actually I do’. I think it’s a bit much for anyone to take.

“And then when we were in there someone must have phoned the papers, because the paparazzi were waiting for him when we left.”

And events in Jeremy’s earlier life didn’t exactly go to plan, either.

“He was expelled from school for ‘generally making a nuisance of himself. He calls it his ‘voluntary redundancy’”, says Shirley, shaking her head. “He was almost expelled once for causing some sort of explosion in a science lab. He was allowed to go back to school to sit his ‘A’ Levels, but didn’t get any. He said ‘Mum, I won’t need any, I’m going to be a TV presenter.’”

View a larger image of Jeremy Clarkson and his sister Jo at a toy fair

Shirley is extremely good company, an energetic 73-year-old who still enthuses about creating a classic toy (once Toy of the Year), and two children who have been hugely successful in their fields (Jeremy’s sister Joanna, pictured above with Jeremy, is a corporate lawyer).

And her pride extends to her grandchildren, including Jeremy’s three girls. Which is why she didn’t take kindly to the actions of The Stig, Top Gear’s mute racing driver.

"He frightened the life out of me," says Shirley, rolling her eyes. "He drove all of my grandchildren – all FIVE of them in the same car at the same time - round the Top Gear track at 180mph."

View our ten fastest cars around the Top Gear test track slide show

We’re standing by the Paddington Bear merchandise stand in the grand London train station, where, according to Michael Bond’s original stories, was found and taken in by the Bond family.

Tourists flock around Shirley when they find out she was the woman who made the original toy, and ask to have their pictures taken with her. For a moment she’s as sought-after as her famous son.

People are starting to crowd round the merchandise stand. Before I go, I ask her if all the rollercoaster ups and downs have been worth it.

"It's been a great adventure - despite having Jeremy as a son!"

· Shirley Clarkson's new book 'Bearly Believable', the story of her company, Gabrielle Designs, which manufactured the classic Paddington Bear, is on sale now. For more information visit the Harriman House website.

Now watch Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May and the Stig in Top Gear:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/CARS...famous_son.html

I'm shocked he isn't pulling in multiples of that.

For fcuk sake Ryan douchecrest got $45m over 3 years for hosing f-in american idol. What is wrong with this country?

Based on that alone the top gear crew should be making way over $2m/yr for the basic hosting duties!

For fcuk sake Ryan douchecrest got $45m over 3 years for hosing f-in american idol. What is wrong with this country?

Based on that alone the top gear crew should be making way over $2m/yr for the basic hosting duties!

Sorry to sound rude but use your brain for once.

It's public broadcasting, the BBC can't afford to pay millions and millions of TAX PAYERS money.

This isn't the case with fox and fox probably earns a few hundred grand/millions during the commercials.

I guess as they say, if you're not big in America, you're not big period. American Crap Idol's ratings make Top Gear look like a prostate check video on late night TV over here by comparison.

If he were doing what he does in front of 300M Americans instead of just 50M Brits and a spattering of Euro countries, the payscale would be commensurate.

And unfortuantely, internet dominance around the world doesn't count towards revenue for the show as obviously Top Gear doesn't make a penny from all the commercials being ripped out of the torrents everyone distributes.

Top Gear as a show I find to be lame, pandering to its car-nerdy audience, and a waste of time for the staged challenges, but love him or hate him you have to admit that Clarkson has talent.

Top Gear doesn't make a penny from all the commercials being ripped out of the torrents everyone distributes.

Which commercials, there aren't any and never have been.

The BBC is not permitted to carry advertising or sponsorship on its public services. This keeps them independent of commercial interests and ensures that they can be run instead to serve the general public interest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/aboutthebbc/policies/advertising.shtml

the key word is: public broadcasting

I didn't know that Paddington Bear was his mother's creation. I have on of those! Guy isn't doing that bad - and could afford a lot more than the Ford GT/Gallardo and few other cars he has. Who knows, maybe he has a Koenigsegg and won't tell anyone? :eusa_think:

IMO, he's worth every penny, but like Mako said - if you're not big on American TV, you're nothing. I did hear that Stig, (the other one- not me), got paid next to nothing for his work while with TG. Too bad.

I guess as they say, if you're not big in America, you're not big period. American Crap Idol's ratings make Top Gear look like a prostate check video on late night TV over here by comparison.

If he were doing what he does in front of 300M Americans instead of just 50M Brits and a spattering of Euro countries, the payscale would be commensurate.

And unfortuantely, internet dominance around the world doesn't count towards revenue for the show as obviously Top Gear doesn't make a penny from all the commercials being ripped out of the torrents everyone distributes.

Top Gear as a show I find to be lame, pandering to its car-nerdy audience, and a waste of time for the staged challenges, but love him or hate him you have to admit that Clarkson has talent.

i'm pretty sure top gear averages 350 mil "tv viewers an episodes worldwide" not counting torrents and what not online, meanwhile american idol is 20-30 mil an episodes. Keep in mind top gear is shown virtually every country but this one, obviously that viewer ship isn't from UK alone

From what i understand the brass at the BBC hate (not personally hate him) Clarkson for all the drama he creates, but top gear is a giant cash cow for the BBC and they really dont want to loose it.

and after taxes?

About 60% of it if its a mix of salary & dividend, they are guessing figures from the profits listed in the abbreviated company accounts anyway so it should probably be taken with a pinch of salt.

Sorry to sound rude but use your brain for once.

It's public broadcasting, the BBC can't afford to pay millions and millions of TAX PAYERS money.

This isn't the case with fox and fox probably earns a few hundred grand/millions during the commercials.

How about the TV license fee of approx $225/yr ?

times that by 61 million people in the UK?

According to the BBC's 2008–2009 Annual Report, its income can be broken down, as follows:

£3,493.8 million in licence fees collected from householders;

£775.9 million from BBC Commercial Businesses;

£294.6 million from government grants;

£41.1 million from other income, such as providing content to overseas broadcasters and concert ticket sales;

Some say, he is vastly under paid, and that his home was filled with teddy bears, all we know is he's called the Clarkson