Here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for....

Guest StuartRSC

Guest StuartRSC

.....well, some of you anyway!

After much gentle harrassment we are ready to start taking deposits as requested on the Gallardo/LP560 SV-Wing...... Okay.... now that you're breathing normally again, the details:

Anticipated Retail Cost: $4200-4500.00

Anticipated Date of 1st Customer Shipment: Mid-March

Pre-order Slots: 15

Pre-order Deposit: $800.00

Pre-order Discount: $1000

So, for argument's sake, if the final cost works out at $4350.00 and you have placed an $800.00 deposit we would charge an additional $2550.00 + shipping cost when production starts on your order. The wing element will be produced in carbon as you would assume, but we will also be providing the uprights cast in carbon fiber as appears on the OE LP670 wing. Customers will have the option of dry carbon finish or clear coated on both the wing element and the uprights. Fitment will be to the factory mounting points for the existing wing, independent from the lifting mechanism.

Please email me at [email protected] to reserve your spot, and including:

Full Name

Billing Address

Shipping Address if Different from Billing

Forum Username (so as to avoid confusion)

Phone Number for Payment Info Contact.

Thanks everyone for your continued interest in this project. It promises to be an absolute killer and thanks as well for your patience. We were a little hesitant to start taking deposits earlier due to the delays and subsequent frustration we ran into on the LP560 bumper project when time ran on a little. Our commitment on that project was to produce the highest quality product we could - OE quality at an affordable price, and we aim to do the same here.

Cheers,

Stuart

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest StuartRSC
pics?

If I had pics of a finished product the 'ship date' would be today!

I will be posting update pics as things progress, as we did with the LP560 bumper, however, what you are getting is a carbon-copy (see what I did there?) 90% scale version of the SV rear wing. Difference will be that the uprights will mount to the Gallardo's existing wing location rather than the rear bumper located mounts on the SV.

I should have pics of the 'positive' mold of the wing element soon, and the rest will progress from there.

are there any pictures or links to the concept or reference images that people had from the original thread, or ideas of what this new wing would look like?!?

here's an idea...but the uprights would be positioned more forward, where the SL wing connects. Stuart can correct me if this is off...

560SVWing.JPG

sketches would be helpful if you guys need someone to do a 3D drawing for you of a sketch I have the guy, he is amazing,

he loves Lambos and he might do it for free or peanuts PM me :icon_mrgreen:

Guest StuartRSC
here's an idea...but the uprights would be positioned more forward, where the SL wing connects. Stuart can correct me if this is off...

Spot on! Uprights as shown there are down the back to the diffuser a la the LP670. We're going to mount off the OE mounting points so it's probably 3 or 4 inches further forward than that. Element design and uprights very much the same.

Guest StuartRSC
Spot on! Uprights as shown there are down the back to the diffuser a la the LP670. We're going to mount off the OE mounting points so it's probably 3 or 4 inches further forward than that. Element design and uprights very much the same.

BTW - I do have some renderings but they are all in the catalog which is a big PDF - I'll have to get some off Mike's computer tomorrow!

Probably a little more like this : )

BTW - I do have some renderings but they are all in the catalog which is a big PDF - I'll have to get some off Mike's computer tomorrow!

post-24882-1294804859.jpg

this one?

560SVWingRSC.JPG

Guest StuartRSC
this one?

That's the one, but actually, Jim's version is more accurate than ours - we did that some time ago before we confirmed the location of fitment.

hey stuart, with will the back part of the post still go down the back of the deck , like in the picture of the white car? or will the whole post be on top of the deck lid?

From the way I understand it, it will use the factory spoiler mounting points which keep the posts on top of the decklid, like the SL spoiler (same mounting points).

From the way I understand it, it will use the factory spoiler mounting points which keep the posts on top of the decklid, like the SL spoiler (same mounting points).

yeah i understand that they are using the factory mounting point. but a while back hershel said that they would still build the post to go over the back of the car even though they didnt mount there. basically just looking like they do.

Guest StuartRSC
yeah i understand that they are using the factory mounting point. but a while back hershel said that they would still build the post to go over the back of the car even though they didnt mount there. basically just looking like they do.

I don't think that's the plan anymore. Part of what we're trying to accomplish here is to bring this out at a reasonable price, and to make sure that it is removable/reversible if necessary. Having the uprights extending down the back would mean touching the paintwork quite snugly, and given the loads, engine & suspension vibrations I would be concerned that there might be some fouling of the paintwork.

We could go whole hog and build the 670 system of rear diffuser mounting and so on, but we also don't want to bring out a totally awesome product that costs 15 Grand. Would rather offer it this way and give far better value for money.

• 7 months later...
Bringing an old thread back from the dead.

Did this product ever materialize?

He said March...probably 2012. In other news the Cabrera SV wing is also in the works.

Guest StuartRSC
He said March...probably 2012. In other news the Cabrera SV wing is also in the works.

Hi Guys,

We're making progress on this. We ran into some problems we didn't anticipate with the mounting system, and given that this is a piece that needs to be 100% on structural integrity it needed the appropriate due diligence. Rather than hand-forming which can be done with some other parts, this has actually been fully laser scanned, and we are looking at some virtual wind tunnel modeling.

First piece should be going into production soon.