HALL of SHAME - DIRTBAG Lambo owners

Andrew R.

Sounds like you need to share #2 & #5 now, and wait on the outcomes of the others

:iamwithstupid:

Maybe the other guys made a mistake, maybe not, but 2 & 5 sound like dirtbags and need to be exposed for what they are.

Seems strange though, if the others did give the wrong one back then you wouldn't be missing 5, you would be missing 2 and have 3 with non-matching numbers.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't post the names of #2 and #5. Kindly share them with Allan privately and let him do whatever he wants with that infomation. :eusa_dance:

No way in hell.

Mine wont work through the GLASS on my Benz- I have to open the sunroof and hold it up. If its not right there in the WINDOW it is not going to ping. No way it gets lost under a seat and keep getting pinged.

Plus.... Anybody from around here knows.... You dont go NEAR the toll roads without being legit. The fine for going through the toll without paying is like $500, and they run the vig on that starting day 1.... TheTollRoads.com™ are like the Gestapo.

Whoever is doing it KNOWS what theyre doing.

We did have one slide under a seat when we were working on the run and it did record the crossing anyway. It happened before we did the big run. It was one of the cars from Seattle.

For what it's worth, it looks like you put together a great event and got shafted for it.

How bad is the overall damage? $100, $500?

I wasn't there and not even a current lambo owner, but given the circumstance I'd pitch in a few bucks to cover the fees.

Try not to let this leave a sour taste in your mouth for next time. Just take a picture of their drivers licenses associated with each serial number :D

Just got done calling all 5 people....

Transponder 1: very nice guy in OC, says he has a business where he has a couple transponders of his own, and says he could have very easily given the wrong one back. He is looking now for the serial number I am missing.

Transponder 2: guy got pissed when I asked if might still have it.. and said that he did not take one.

Hmmmm no idea why my transponder and his license plate are associated on my toll road account!! (this guy was quick on the trigger... I think he knew exactly why I was calling)

Transponder 3: Another nice guy... wonders if he gave the wrong one back (his story anyway.. sounds believeable)

Transponder 4: Another nice guy... wonders if he gave the wrong one back (his story anyway.. sounds believeable)

Transponder 5: Guy denys he has it and doesnt want to talk about it and has not used a tollroad since the run, etc, etc.. (back pedal'ing bigtime.. nothing was making sense in talking to him...)

Who knows... I guess it is, what it is..... I'll am sure 1 or 2 of these guys are telling the truth about giving the wrong one back... I just dont understand how we were missing 5, and 5 were being used AFTER the run. If they gave me the wrong one, I would have less than 5 missing! (unless someone else kept one, but never used it, therefore keeping the number at 5 missing and 5 being used)

With that said... yes, I would like to post the names and cars up here and let them cook.. but I dont want to chance burning the 1 or 2 guys that truly made a mistake and had no greedy intentions.

Lesson learned for next time... take a small deposit when handing out the transponders, then give it back when they return it. (I didnt like the idea of using the tollroads.. but the route was too good to do otherwise)

Net result: I am sure it will never add up.... but the thread was worth it to vent!!!! LOL :eusa_wall:

Hey Andrew - Just tell the 3 Gallardo, Diablo Roadster and Diablo 6.0 owner to just return them to me. Their license plates showed up on the statement report so it means that regardless if they "THINK" they returned it, they didn't. I need them back and will post the license plate up if not returned to me.

Joy, Working on it! Updates coming soon on this Shenanigans! LOL The Diablo 6.0 owner has quite a story!!!

LP, thanks for all of the PMs, posts, and emails offering to donate money to this mess so that it wasnt all on me! It reallly wasnt that much money, it just rubbed me the wrong way... and posted all this to see if I was just suffering from thin skin, or if I had a real reason to be pissed. (and venting a bit to my lambo buds made me feel better LOL)

The purpose of this Lambo Run was to raise awareness of the "new" Lamborghini Club America... so if you guys want to help, just join the lambo club! (90% of the usual LP posters are already members!!!!!) For those current members who do not have them yet, the rest of the 2011 Carbon Fiber membership cards are mailing this week... they are AWESOME - a nice improvement from the 2010 CF card.

www.LamborghiniClubAmerica.com

Just got done calling all 5 people....

Transponder 1: very nice guy in OC, says he has a business where he has a couple transponders of his own, and says he could have very easily given the wrong one back. He is looking now for the serial number I am missing.

Transponder 2: guy got pissed when I asked if might still have it.. and said that he did not take one.

Hmmmm no idea why my transponder and his license plate are associated on my toll road account!! (this guy was quick on the trigger... I think he knew exactly why I was calling)

Transponder 3: Another nice guy... wonders if he gave the wrong one back (his story anyway.. sounds believeable)

Transponder 4: Another nice guy... wonders if he gave the wrong one back (his story anyway.. sounds believeable)

Transponder 5: Guy denys he has it and doesnt want to talk about it and has not used a tollroad since the run, etc, etc.. (back pedal'ing bigtime.. nothing was making sense in talking to him...)

Who knows... I guess it is, what it is..... I'll am sure 1 or 2 of these guys are telling the truth about giving the wrong one back... I just dont understand how we were missing 5, and 5 were being used AFTER the run. If they gave me the wrong one, I would have less than 5 missing! (unless someone else kept one, but never used it, therefore keeping the number at 5 missing and 5 being used)

With that said... yes, I would like to post the names and cars up here and let them cook.. but I dont want to chance burning the 1 or 2 guys that truly made a mistake and had no greedy intentions.

Lesson learned for next time... take a small deposit when handing out the transponders, then give it back when they return it. (I didnt like the idea of using the tollroads.. but the route was too good to do otherwise)

Net result: I am sure it will never add up.... but the thread was worth it to vent!!!! LOL :eusa_wall:

Andrew

Unless I am thinking of another run I was at the run you are talking about and If so I think you have somethings mixed up, both my friend Jim and I brought cars and got transponders no one ever asked for them back or sent any email about them, when we got back my friend asked me about them and we concluded they were a 1 time use . I put mine in my tool box and there it sits and I am sure his is in his garage, as you know they were never used again. So the numbers don't add up you don't know that we have 2 and those 2 were never used, that is probably why we were never asked back for them verbally or by email. I will be glad to retrieve his and return them to you. Let me know if this helps figure it out. Assuming we are talking about the same run? And please confirm I am not the dead beats using them.

Andrew

Unless I am thinking of another run I was at the run you are talking about and If so I think you have somethings mixed up, both my friend Jim and I brought cars and got transponders no one ever asked for them back or sent any email about them, when we got back my friend asked me about them and we concluded they were a 1 time use . I put mine in my tool box and there it sits and I am sure his is in his garage, as you know they were never used again. So the numbers don't add up you don't know that we have 2 and those 2 were never used, that is probably why we were never asked back for them verbally or by email. I will be glad to retrieve his and return them to you. Let me know if this helps figure it out. Assuming we are talking about the same run? And please confirm I am not the dead beats using them.

did Andrew contact you already? If not, my guess is its a different run. As Andrew has stated, he spoke with all five who have the transponders.

did Andrew contact you already? If not, my guess is its a different run. As Andrew has stated, he spoke with all five who have the transponders.

Actually Roy's info would help confirm two of the guys "stories'.

No he hasn't said any thing to me or my friend, and Andrew and I have been together on other occasions and spoke a number of times since. I think it was the same run, how many runs did we have last year in OC were we used transponders I was at one of them the numbers are off because we have 2.