What did you do today?

topcabron

Working out 10 times a week. Being doing it pretty strict for 2 1/2 weeks so far. Have been doing weights 4-5 times a week for the past 5 months or so

5x cardio-am

5x weights-pm

Seeing a big difference in amount of cuts, but I CAN'T lose any fcuking weight! I've lost body fat though....diet is pretty clean-cut out soda (except for an occasional coke zero) drink a gallon of water a day, etc

What my Mon-Fri looks like in order

Wake up at 4:30am

Redbull

Stretch before and after with cooldown

Either 3 miles at 6mph on the treadmill or spinning (Tuesday and Thursday)

Breakfast-

2 packs of Quaker oatmeal with water

1-muscle milk

Multivitamin

Mid morning-protein bar

Lunch-

Protein+vegetable+fruit+usually no carbs or very little

Water or coke zero

Afternoon snack-protein shake

Finish work around 6pm

Hour and a half drive home

Gym from 7:30-8:30

Mon-chest/tris

Tues-biceps/forearms

Wednesday-Upper back/lower back

Thursday-Shoulders

Friday-legs/calves

Dinner

-protein-chicken or steak+fruit for dessert-banana or apple

I don't get why I can never lose Any fcuking weight!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Working out 10 times a week. Being doing it pretty strict for 2 1/2 weeks so far. Have been doing weights 4-5 times a week for the past 5 months or so

5x cardio-am

5x weights-pm

Seeing a big difference in amount of cuts, but I CAN'T lose any fcuking weight! I've lost body fat though....diet is pretty clean-cut out soda (except for an occasional coke zero) drink a gallon of water a day, etc

What my Mon-Fri looks like in order

Redbull

Stretch before and after with cooldown

Either 3 miles at 6mph on the treadmill or spinning (Tuesday and Thursday)

Breakfast-

1-muscle milk

Multivitamin

Mid morning-protein bar

Lunch-

Water or coke zero

Finish work around 6pm

Hour and a half drive home

Gym from 7:30-8:30

Mon-chest/tris

Tues-biceps/forearms

Wednesday-Upper back/lower back

Thursday-Shoulders

Friday-legs/calves

Dinner

Last summer i was on a mission to get a 6 pack again - ran into the same problem as you.

The answer is 45days. I started at 208 ( i am 5'11) ran every fcuking day 4 miles 6.5-8.5 on the mill. kept my calories under 2000 a day and weighted 203 after 30 days !!! i was like WTF?? then all of a sudden by the 35-40th day i would wake up every morning like clock work 1/2 lb lighter. Not sure what the delay was. It did feel good getting into that consistent zone.

I got down to 188. fell of the wagon 4 months ago and right back to 205. so i am back at it again since last week.

started Jan 22 at 205 and weighted today 204..lol .I know the game so I am not panicking.

Just for fun, had had a couple of beers last night, ran out of gas at 30, no warm up & had trained tri's the day before so so already pretty fatigued, i'll report back when i've had a proper go, i think i'll probabably be low to mid forties, although not sure as i don't really do lots of reps, so hard to say on the stamina front from fresh. Funny how different the training is, the weight is no problem for me, i can do more than double that as a max, but some of the stuff you guys are doing i wouldnt even attempt, i'm constanty impressed at VBox's stuff.

Was on a smiths machine though so probably quite a bit easier than a free bar, although in the video if it was a competition here they wouldn't count a lot of the guys reps as not locking out or coming all the way down under control, if i did it his way then much easier.

You know that doing 40 reps of 225lbs on bench is NFL combine level strength, right? Don't take this the wrong way, but are you sure you added up the weight right? If so, super impressive. I mean, super duper. Even when I was a monster in college I could only get mid-20s reps on that lift.

Redbull

Breakfast-

1-muscle milk

Multivitamin

Mid morning-protein bar

Lunch-

Water or coke zero

Dinner

Mike -

It's because your diet sucks. Text me...lol.

Mike -

It's because your diet sucks. Text me...lol.

Lol. Will text you later....3 hour time difference.

I guess I'm just getting old. I used to be able to do 0 cardio, eat bullshit all day (big macs, French fries, soda, etc). And work out weights only 3-4 times a week, and I would get bigger AND lose weight at the same time

Last summer i was on a mission to get a 6 pack again - ran into the same problem as you.

The answer is 45days. I started at 208 ( i am 5'11) ran every fcuking day 4 miles 6.5-8.5 on the mill. kept my calories under 2000 a day and weighted 203 after 30 days !!! i was like WTF?? then all of a sudden by the 35-40th day i would wake up every morning like clock work 1/2 lb lighter. Not sure what the delay was. It did feel good getting into that consistent zone.

I got down to 188. fell of the wagon 4 months ago and right back to 205. so i am back at it again since last week.

started Jan 22 at 205 and weighted today 204..lol .I know the game so I am not panicking.

5'11-205 is good depending on your bone structure and amount of muscle mass you have.

I'm 6'1-240-relatively large bone structure, and a good deal of muscle mass. If I lose 20lbs of fat, while maintaining my muscle-you would easily see a six pack, and I would be pretty cut.

220-225 is all I'm looking for. Then build tons of mass while maintaining my body fat %.

The thing with weight is like you and Aaron were saying earlier is its just a number.

You can be my height and my weight and be a fat blob, or you can be my height and my weight and be a linebacker in the NFL.

I was weighing 225 about 2 years ago, and I feel leaner now at 240 than I did back then because I have put more muscle on.

Very true. It is really about how you feel and look and bone structure as said above. I have people who will straight up tell me I'm lying when I say I'm 175 (actually 172 this morning due to lack of water weight from a couple indoor soccer games last night). People usually guess I'm around 190

05LSV gave me the lowdown on diet. Might try it in a week or 2 for a couple weeks to see how my results go.

05LSV gave me the lowdown on diet. Might try it in a week or 2 for a couple weeks to see how my results go.

Feel free to post it !

Feel free to post it !

He said hes going to send me something very detailed via e-mail, but what we were chatting about yesterday is basically chicken breasts and brown rice for most lunches/dinners-salsa for flavor-carrots and broccoli for veggies. Only Protein/complex carbs/no fat for dinner. 2-50 gram protein shakes for snacks with a small item like almonds or an apple, and a high protein/high fiber/low carb breakfast with a 50 gram protein shake. He was much more systematic and eloquent than my post, but you get the idea.

He said hes going to send me something very detailed via e-mail, but what we were chatting about yesterday is basically chicken breasts and brown rice for most lunches/dinners-salsa for flavor-carrots and broccoli for veggies. Only Protein/complex carbs/no fat for dinner. 2-50 gram protein shakes for snacks with a small item like almonds or an apple, and a high protein/high fiber/low carb breakfast with a 50 gram protein shake. He was much more systematic and eloquent than my post, but you get the idea.

Nailed it, except for the low carb breakfast. I eat carbs with every meal except the one right before bed, which is pretty much straight protein and maybe a few veggies/lettuce or other watery low-cal or negative cal foods. As long as I eat dinner early enough, I have carbs with it too. The key is complex carbs though. No sugar, no soda/juice, no dairy, no processed food, no flour, no pasta.

I've started working with a trainer recently. I never thought I would spend money on something like that (since i tell myself I know everything about workout out...lol), but it's been one of the best things I've ever done. I'm still lifting heavy here and there and running and all that, but the workouts I do now are super high intensity and almost non-stop. It's great to have some variety and actually be excited to walk into the gym and not know what I'm going to be doing on 3 of my workouts each week.

Things now are just more diverse now compared to just doing cardio, then going to lift weights. Now I'm doing dynamic warm-up work followed by a high intensity multi-disciplinary, NFL-combine style workout that incorporates pushes, pulls, and rotations where the focus ranges from train-to-perform to train-to-gain. Weird stuff on the Vibra-plate machine, crazy TRX stuff supersetted with Kinesis wall exercises, floor ladder footwork drills, and crazy core stuff with floor gliders and offset planks. I've never done any core work before and I feel like it's making me more athletic and fit than I've ever been. Really enjoying it. And I still hit chest the other day on one of the days I wasn't working with the trainer and killed the 125lb dbs for 10 on flat no problem.

I'm back on a ketosis diet. fats and oils and proteins and shit. only carbs I get are monoxide fumes when i forget to open the garage door in the morning.

makes me pissy the first few days.

Nailed it, except for the low carb breakfast. I eat carbs with every meal except the one right before bed, which is pretty much straight protein and maybe a few veggies/lettuce or other watery low-cal or negative cal foods. As long as I eat dinner early enough, I have carbs with it too. The key is complex carbs though. No sugar, no soda/juice, no dairy, no processed food, no flour, no pasta.

I'm back on a ketosis diet. fats and oils and proteins and shit. only carbs I get are monoxide fumes when i forget to open the garage door in the morning.

makes me pissy the first few days.

Don't forget to do a high simple carb re-feed each Sunday. Or you could try carb cycling to reduce the pissiness you experience - I had really good results on that.

The bad part about ketogenic diets is that you can't do them forever, and when you do go back to "normal" you'll usually gain some of the weight back.

Don't forget to do a high simple carb re-feed each Sunday. Or you could try carb cycling to reduce the pissiness you experience - I had really good results on that.

The bad part about ketogenic diets is that you can't do them forever, and when you do go back to "normal" you'll usually gain some of the weight back.

Yeah I wait a week to get back into it and then have a carby night with wifey.

I used ketosis to knock down from 190 to 173 in about a month and a half. then I went back to regular eating (sans chips/cookies, sodas, focus on salads for lunch, special k shakes for breakfast, whatever for dinner - fajitas w tortillas and chips, pizza night etc) and only put about 4-5 pounds back on. so now i'm sitting at 177-178 and i want to make a knock-down push back to 170.

need to be at fighting weight for when my car gets back on tuesday from a little shop in north carolina.

I've started working with a trainer recently. I never thought I would spend money on something like that (since i tell myself I know everything about workout out...lol), but it's been one of the best things I've ever done. I'm still lifting heavy here and there and running and all that, but the workouts I do now are super high intensity and almost non-stop. It's great to have some variety and actually be excited to walk into the gym and not know what I'm going to be doing on 3 of my workouts each week.

Things now are just more diverse now compared to just doing cardio, then going to lift weights. Now I'm doing dynamic warm-up work followed by a high intensity multi-disciplinary, NFL-combine style workout that incorporates pushes, pulls, and rotations where the focus ranges from train-to-perform to train-to-gain. Weird stuff on the Vibra-plate machine, crazy TRX stuff supersetted with Kinesis wall exercises, floor ladder footwork drills, and crazy core stuff with floor gliders and offset planks. I've never done any core work before and I feel like it's making me more athletic and fit than I've ever been. Really enjoying it. And I still hit chest the other day on one of the days I wasn't working with the trainer and killed the 125lb dbs for 10 on flat no problem.

That's awesome David! I was doing a crossfit/bootcamp type of class last year quite a bit with a girl friend of mine and I stopped and I do miss that high intensity stuff. I felt in awesome shape when I was doing that on a regular basis.

so the whole working out on empty stomach, not eating for an hour after thing...

i'd say - inconclusive. It's impressive that one can pull deads and squats on a completely empty stomach (who needs NO or jack3d? :D)

but I think muscular gains, I wasn't able to tell if I gained better than the usual way.

anyone here has a program that BLOWS you up volume wise (I am not looking for strength gains right now) - yet doesn't overtrain you. I think my immune system is naturally weak and recovery is a bitch - point is if i do squats and deads on the same day I will get sick 80% chance.

Also for anyone with shoulder problems what exercises have you found you can go heavy on and get good results? Including the pec development exercises, when bench barbell is almost out of the question because of pain

• 3 weeks later...

So I take 1 week off of the gym because work this past week was straining to say the least. I cant believe how much one week off from the gym does to your bodies conditioning! I was at 3 miles a day at 6+ mph with no breaks x 5 days a week.

This morning I barely got passed the second mile. I grabbed the Heart rate grips (which I know are not accurate at all), and it read 192 BPM. Usually at the end of the third mile when I get into my slow walk cool down im in the mid 180's.

I guess I cant take more than a couple days off every week or I have to start all over again!

The only other thing I can think of is I normally drink a redbull right when I get up to give me the energy I need to get my ass to the gym at 5:20am.

I ran out and didnt have any, so that might have been it too.

Just remembered I also wore a new pair of running shoes which are heavier than my other pair. Don't know if that made any difference though

Just remembered I also wore a new pair of running shoes which are heavier than my other pair. Don't know if that made any difference though

It matters and could have slowed you down if you were wearing the new Nike running shoes with the concrete shoe laces. They weigh 7lbs each.