Aggravated by Ferrari dealership

topjay

It's been this way FOREVER... Hence why we have Lambo in the first place. I dont get why some guys like getting cuckold by the Ferrari dealers.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been this way FOREVER... Hence why we have Lambo in the first place. I dont get why some guys like getting cuckold by the Ferrari dealers.

I think I agree but what is cuckold am not sure I got that.

I think I agree but what is cuckold am not sure I got that.

Getting CUCKOLD is when your forced to watch your wife get banged

Getting CUCKOLD is when your forced to watch your wife get banged

Is that a real word and it's usage or is that an urban-diction. Cause I might want to use that in a meeting. :)

Is that a real word and it's usage or is that an urban-diction. Cause I might want to use that in a meeting. :)

absolutely real..its a cheating wife

FYI, all the guys that run Mclaren NA from the top down are the ex Ferrari guys. Tony Joseph et al.... They are implementing the same strategies right now.....

If so, there won't be much faith in McLaren's 'pledged' completely new level of customer treatment. :shock:

Ferrari is Lamborghini best referral friend, after going to the F dealer to look at the 599 and they wanted $150 grand over sticker and would not unlock the car for me to sit in. I went and bought the LP640 the next day. Thank you F car dealer I owe you for the lesson.

Please tell us that you drove it to the Ferrari dealer, found the sales guy you talked with and told him that you just wanted to let him know he didn't need to call because you found the car you were looking for?

Look, Ferrari doesn't care. Their cars are sold out years in advance and they have a system that rewards multiple buyers.

I hear this shit everyday. You want the hottest Ferrari out there and yet you have never bought one. Then your either going to pay or wait. It's simple supply and demand.

Get over it.

Please tell us that you drove it to the Ferrari dealer, found the sales guy you talked with and told him that you just wanted to let him know he didn't need to call because you found the car you were looking for?

No I didn't but they are now also a Lambo dealer and I would never do business with them.

Look, Ferrari doesn't care. Their cars are sold out years in advance and they have a system that rewards multiple buyers.

I hear this shit everyday. You want the hottest Ferrari out there and yet you have never bought one. Then your either going to pay or wait. It's simple supply and demand.

Get over it.

DING DING DING!!!

The ONLY thing Ferrari DOESN'T do right (at least from a business standpoint) is design a good looking car...

I was told by a sales guy at a Ferrari dealer that "Guys buy Lambos because they can't buy Ferraris - all those hip hop guys - they can't get on the list."

I told him that anyone can buy a 430 with only a few miles because the stiffs that usually buy the red spiders never drive them - so I'd rather associate and buy the much cooler Lamborghini. Then quoted Sinatra's famous quote and enjoyed the stumbling of his words.

This was that lovely "showroom" at the Palazzo in LV. Eventually, I made peace with the man after I explained that Ferrari did NOT in fact come up with DSG (on their new at the time unreleased 458). After a few minutes of chatting, I was waved on and didn't pay the stupid fee to see their cars.

Can anyone explain why is ferrari in US so different from Europe? Here in Europe I go to any dealer and buy any ferrari I want that is currently being sold, waiting list is from my experience not more than 4 months and I pay sticker.

Can anyone explain why is ferrari in US so different from Europe? Here in Europe I go to any dealer and buy any ferrari I want that is currently being sold, waiting list is from my experience not more than 4 months and I pay sticker.

Because we have to many stupid rich people.

Because we have to many stupid rich people.

Whats the difference again if it is Europe or US? For factory it should be no difference, here there is no bullshit about exclusivity and in Germany they probably sell the similar amount of cars like in US

I think it's some legislation, they can't sell over sticker/ask 100k extra if you want to be the first to get it.

of course they can sell over sticker, who told you that?:)

of course they can sell over sticker, who told you that?:)

Ferrari has a rule that their dealers cannot sell a new car for over the MSRP, at least that is the case in the US. So, the trick is that the dealers sell new cars only to a limited group of known individuals, and then on the pre-owned side they can do whatever they want with the price.

Ferrari has a rule that their dealers cannot sell a new car for over the MSRP, at least that is the case in the US. So, the trick is that the dealers sell new cars only to a limited group of known individuals, and then on the pre-owned side they can do whatever they want with the price.

Same in the UK, thats basically what i'm complaining about, the special customers order them, put 500- 1000 miles on them then sell them back to the dealership at a profit, the dealers then double the profit and sell it on as second hand. They had a 458 i could buy today with 300 miles on it at £40k over list price. I'm not a good customer as i only buy cars i want and keep them a while, you have to have a high turnover of new stuff or i guess over list as new stuff to even be considered. More sad than angry really, i shall go elswhere, its their loss, just a very strange policy.

The funnyiest thing was i thought all you guys moaning about how retarded ferrari and a lot of thre owners are was a joke and just brand rivalry, it seems not, i'm genuinely suprised by there policy.

I don't blame them for doing it as its clearly a situation created by Ferrari themselves not the dealership, the dealer is pretty good to me in general, i often visit for a nose round and can test drive all of the cars, even the new Ferraris, they just dont seem able to sell me a new one at list price any time this decade, no matter how early i order it, or even if i buy just a couple of cars from them.

No Ferrari is worth going on the list for,

if you really want one you will always be able to get one when they first come out,

I would rather pay a premium than deal with morons.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

FYI, all the guys that run Mclaren NA from the top down are the ex Ferrari guys. Tony Joseph et al.... They are implementing the same strategies right now. The point in California is owned by Ferrari of Newport Beach, the Dallas store is owned I believe by Park Place, the store in Greenwich is owned by Miller Motorcars, Lake Forest in Chicago and they are all Ferrari dealers. The point in Florida is owned by Dew Motorcars, they are not a Ferrari affiliate. I know two of the GM's for stores and are good friends with them. I know that people will get a fair shake with those guys, but I cannot speak intelligently about the others. We can only hope that they proceed with the exciting new product and try to break down the walls as far as the Ferrari stigma might get them.

Of all these places I only have experience with Miller Motorcars....Werner Pfister....very classy guy. I went in unannounced as a young guy clearly not in their to buy a car and he was very cool and talked about cars when he had free time.

I've heard nothing but good things from others...

I went to Ferrari of Central Florida (Orlando) once in 2002 when my buddy Scott worked there, and everyone was cool there as well.

It's possible both dealers have the same policies as other dealers with lists and what not, but at least they don't mistreat people.

Same in the UK, thats basically what i'm complaining about, the special customers order them, put 500- 1000 miles on them then sell them back to the dealership at a profit, the dealers then double the profit and sell it on as second hand. They had a 458 i could buy today with 300 miles on it at £40k over list price. I'm not a good customer as i only buy cars i want and keep them a while, you have to have a high turnover of new stuff or i guess over list as new stuff to even be considered. More sad than angry really, i shall go elswhere, its their loss, just a very strange policy.

The funnyiest thing was i thought all you guys moaning about how retarded ferrari and a lot of thre owners are was a joke and just brand rivalry, it seems not, i'm genuinely suprised by there policy.

I don't blame them for doing it as its clearly a situation created by Ferrari themselves not the dealership, the dealer is pretty good to me in general, i often visit for a nose round and can test drive all of the cars, even the new Ferraris, they just dont seem able to sell me a new one at list price any time this decade, no matter how early i order it, or even if i buy just a couple of cars from them.

But that's the whole capitalistic free market thing going on. Ferrari dealers are able to charge $100K over list for a slightly used car because people are willing to pay that. And people are willing to pay that because Ferrari limits the production and the allocation and the dealer controls who can get a new car and who can't, creating a mystique around the car and a greater desire for it. The minute consumers are no longer willing to do this, then Ferrari will have to change their strategy. But until then, you can either play by their rules or not buy a Ferrari. I was as disgusted by all of this as anyone else would be, but that didn't stop me from eventually playing the game. That might make me stupid to some, but ultimately it is my choice.