Honda proving grounds for sale

Assman

A sad symbol of Honda's move away from anything resembling a sports car. They are no Lambo's but I loved the NSX and S2000.

Damn, that seems like it would be an awesome playground for an auto enthusiast with tons of cash sitting around. Wonder how long the straightaways are on that oval track?

7.5 mile oval, who's good in math? probably a little over 2 miles.... or find it in google earth and measure...

Damn, that seems like it would be an awesome playground for an auto enthusiast with tons of cash sitting around. Wonder how long the straightaways are on that oval track?

Peak... shake out the couch cushions and go big man! I'm sure you could build a 15k ft standing mile runway and get clearance to land the PJ :D

I just worry about blowouts. If you owned this thing, hell, we'd all be out there day after day probably screwing around, massively increasing the odds of something happening.

As I recall a C/D editor was killed doing just that, testing a Renntech SL at high speed when a tire went out at a proving ground oval. Makes you think...

The cost for this site isn't $4 million. That's just a calculation based on average price per acre in the area. I imagine the facility will sell for closer to $15 million. The guy marketing it for Honda said he is shopping it to other manufacturers first, as well as private parties looking to do a private club there.

The cost for this site isn't $4 million. That's just a calculation based on average price per acre in the area. I imagine the facility will sell for closer to $15 million. The guy marketing it for Honda said he is shopping it to other manufacturers first, as well as private parties looking to do a private club there.

A private club would be great, but I'm sure it'd end up being cost prohibitive to be a member if one got started given all the liability and the laws of California.

A private club would be great, but I'm sure it'd end up being cost prohibitive to be a member if one got started given all the liability and the laws of California.

:eusa_wall:

What if you self-insured? Just signed waivers?

:eusa_wall:

What if you self-insured? Just signed waivers?

It'd be expensive to self-insure if any carriers would even cover you. Waivers are a joke in the grand scheme of things.

Somebody tell Glickenhaus to literally shake out the couch cushions and buy it lol

I cant help but to think that if I were capable, I think I would definitely put a bid in on it. Texas Mile becomes the Bako7.5 ha. My family would never see me again...