What car wax

topjay

What wax do you use on your car?

I've tried several, cheap and expensive and in all seriousness i can hardly tell the difference. What should i try next, any reccomendations welcome.

I use Meguiars NXT 2.0 or something...Works good, comes off easy, too.

I agree..I've tried a few different waxes, and I can't really tell the difference.

I'm not a wax-aholic. I might wax my car two times a year, but I am a fanatic about keeping it clean - i.e. Wiped down with a California car duster before and after each drive. Don't drive it in rain/snow/etc. And if anything gets on it, instantly clean it with quick detailer and microfiber towel. Then a shot of Quik Wax to give it that wax feel.

Zaino here too. I put it on once a year. First time takes about 3 coats with 1 hr of drying in between. After that, it's just 1 coat each year. It also works well on clear bra.

Zymöl. (not the lifetime supply stuff, just the basic stuff, still does great!)

It's not about the wax or sealant. It's about the paint prep. If you've polished the paint to a near flawless condition the protection you use really doesn't matter.

FWIW, I use Menzerna Polishes and Wolfgang Fuzion Wax on my Lambo. On my DD I use Pinnacle Souveran Wax

It's not about the wax or sealant. It's about the paint prep. If you've polished the paint to a near flawless condition the protection you use really doesn't matter.

FWIW, I use Menzerna Polishes and Wolfgang Fuzion Wax on my Lambo. On my DD I use Pinnacle Souveran Wax

Yep, i use menzerna polishes as well, am kind of obsessive about perfect paint without any defects, i've got more kit than most detailers, although i really only do the car properly a couple of times a year, i like to keep all my cars as perfect as i can. I can see paint defects/swirls, etc to deal with, i just can't really see that much differences in wax, just how long it lasts, just thought i would check i'm not missing out on anything.

Have tried:

Zymol Royale £8000 By far the best and lasted longest, but you would never buy it at that price.

Swissvax Crystal Rock £550 Good shine but did not last that long, too expensive also

R222 £30 Good shine but only lasted a week or so

Dodojuice supernatural £65 my current favorite, seems to last and give a reasonable shine

Collinite 476s £25 again pretty good and lasts ages.

I use sealant then wait 24hrs and apply wax. It gives a deeper wetter shine.

Yep i normally do that as well, but coming up to better weather now i thought i would give just wax a go and see how that works out for a change, hence a thread on waxes.

I did try and read a couple of detailing forums but it was just too geeky and technical and not a single person agreed with another on anything.

Yep i normally do that as well, but coming up to better weather now i thought i would give just wax a go and see how that works out for a change, hence a thread on waxes.

I did try and read a couple of detailing forums but it was just too geeky and technical and not a single person agreed with another on anything.

Yup, those boys do take their detailing seriously

I agree..I've tried a few different waxes, and I can't really tell the difference.

I'm not a wax-aholic. I might wax my car two times a year, but I am a fanatic about keeping it clean - i.e. Wiped down with a California car duster before and after each drive. Don't drive it in rain/snow/etc. And if anything gets on it, instantly clean it with quick detailer and microfiber towel. Then a shot of Quik Wax to give it that wax feel.

Ditto. NXT is great stuff. I dust/wipe down every opportunity after a drive and no rain for the "nice" cars. Quick detailer and microfibers kept in all my cars.

:iamwithstupid:

NXT is the best deal out there. Spending more than that on a wax is foolish.

Yeah I stay away from the detailing forums, thats serious buiness over there lol

My personal favorite Carnuba is Clearkote's Vaniila Moose! If you have a wild hair and try their Red Machine Glaze before the wax you will be amazed, especially on a dark color!