american idol

Roman

Casey Abraham should win the whole thing he's a one man show, very entertaining, I would pay to go to see him live.

Jacob Lask my second favorite, the gospel singer.

James Durbin my third favorite.

Pia is a very talented singer, pity that in a singing competition that isn't enough she was my favorite out of the girls.

The country music guy Scotty McCreery, George Bush look-alike, I have no idea what he's still doing there.

81422912.jpg

81422913.jpg

He is going to sell more records than ANY American Idol Contestant EVER.

And its not George Bush....

Its Howdie Doodie...

graham_howdy_doody.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is going to sell more records than ANY American Idol Contestant EVER.

And its not George Bush....

Its Howdie Doodie...

Any contestant ever? No. Doubtful he'll outsell Carrie or Daughtry. Iono, we'll see. Also, he'll probably win. I already know the label he signed to and he has the highest votes every voting night

Any contestant ever? No. Doubtful he'll outsell Carrie or Daughtry. Iono, we'll see. Also, he'll probably win. I already know the label he signed to and he has the highest votes every voting night

Hes going to be fcuking huge.... He has the most natural country voice Ive heard in a long time.... And my major point was, I dont think folks from outside the US understand how HUGE country music is here....

I would have liked to have seen him step outside the Obvious Elvis thing this week...

I don't get country music but if that guy wins I will NEVER watch American Idol again :icon_mrgreen:

I dont get Country Music either.... But Garth Brooks (who a lot of people have compared Scotty to) has sold more records in the U.S. than ANYBODY except for ELVIS (also Country) and the BEATLES.

I dont own a Garth Brooks album... I couldnt name a Garth Brooks song (except that Friends in Low Places drinking song from College)... But the fucker sold a lot of music. And I think Scottys voice is better than his... Combine that with how young he is.... That kid is going to be HUGE.

I dont get Country Music either.... But Garth Brooks (who a lot of people have compared Scotty to) has sold more records in the U.S. than ANYBODY except for ELVIS (also Country) and the BEATLES.

I dont own a Garth Brooks album... I couldnt name a Garth Brooks song (except that Friends in Low Places drinking song from College)... But the fucker sold a lot of music. And I think Scottys voice is better than his... Combine that with how young he is.... That kid is going to be HUGE.

Thats funny, the only Garth Brooks song I know is that same one and its from the same reason as yours! Was a staple in the bars back in college in the 90's! :icon_thumleft:

Well, country music like he is singing on the show is not what is selling these days. Now, once the label gets a hold of him and picks his songs and such, and if they get the formula right, he could do well. But the best selling country artist are the ones who are crossing over (i.e.- Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum...etc) The old twang stuff does have it's loyal fanbase, but it's not where the record sales are right now.

Never heard of Garth Brooks, possibly some of his songs will sound familiar if I hear them, there are some country songs that I like I will no deny it but I never thought country music was the most popular genre in the States.

I find it very hard to believe that country music is more popular than Rock, R&B/Urban, Rap/Hip-Hop

I looked at RIAA website, Garth Brooks sits at number 3 (damn I am embarrassed I've never heard of the guy I recognized 99% of the names on the list) but in terms of country music he's a bit lonely up there:

Artist/Certified Units in Millions

BEATLES, THE/ 177 mil

PRESLEY, ELVIS 129.5 mil

BROOKS, GARTH 128 mil

LED ZEPPELIN 111.5 mil

EAGLES 100 mil

JOEL, BILLY 79.5 mil

PINK FLOYD 74.5 mil

JOHN, ELTON 72 mil

STREISAND, BARBRA 71.5 mil

AC/DC 71 mil

http://riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=tblTopArt

I am 100% certain Scotty will not win American Idol to me he's a one trick pony, most others will be able to sing country granted not as good as Scotty but when it comes to Scotty that's all he knows, he will be out in the next few weeks but that will not stop him to do better than all the other contestants after the show.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the greater majority of country music fans haven't figured out yet how to steal music off the net so Scotty might do very well when it comes to selling records :icon_mrgreen:

BEATLES, THE/ 177 mil

PRESLEY, ELVIS 129.5 mil

BROOKS, GARTH 128 mil

LED ZEPPELIN 111.5 mil

EAGLES 100 mil

JOEL, BILLY 79.5 mil

PINK FLOYD 74.5 mil

JOHN, ELTON 72 mil

STREISAND, BARBRA 71.5 mil

AC/DC 71 mil

http://riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=tblTopArt

The Beatles absolutely rock that list! I did not know they sold that many albums.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the greater majority of country music fans haven't figured out yet how to steal music off the net so Scotty might do very well when it comes to selling records :icon_mrgreen:

:turboalex:

I looked at RIAA website, Garth Brooks sits at number 3 (damn I am embarrassed I've never heard of the guy I recognized 99% of the names on the list) but in terms of country music he's a bit lonely up there:

You're not alone.

Everyone in the US knows of a Garth Brooks, but a much smaller percentage knows his music.

I might know some of his songs but I'll have to do some research to see what's what. :icon_mrgreen:

I know music from everyone on that list but his. :lol2:

Casey could win the whole thing. MUCH more talented.

And its NOT the fcuking Miss America Contest.

To say "MUCH" more talented I think is inaccurate because "MUCH" more talented than ANY of the last nine contestants is quite a stretch for anyone in that group.

And it may not be the "fcuking Miss America Contest" but it IS a fcuking who-has-a-marketable-look-that-can-sing-and-would-sell-a shitload-of-records-on-those-two-facts-alone-contest. Im just sayin'. That guy could very well win and never be heard from again (like many of the previous winners.

Pia can sing the National Anthem on the big screens of the Super Bowl and I don't think anyone would complain about the voice NOR the face on the screen. From a marketability standpoint, somebody's gonna make a lot of money from her.

To say "MUCH" more talented I think is inaccurate because "MUCH" more talented than ANY of the last nine contestants is quite a stretch for anyone in that group.

And it may not be the "fcuking Miss America Contest" but it IS a fcuking who-has-a-marketable-look-that-can-sing-and-would-sell-a shitload-of-records-on-those-two-facts-alone-contest. Im just sayin'. That guy could very well win and never be heard from again (like many of the previous winners.

Pia can sing the National Anthem on the big screens of the Super Bowl and I don't think anyone would complain about the voice NOR the face on the screen. From a marketability standpoint, somebody's gonna make a lot of money from her.

She will never be heard from again.

How's that backyard coming along? :icon_mrgreen:

Right. Signed by Interscope this week, and they're rushing to drop that album as soon as possible.

She will be selling records by the time a winner is announced on that gayassed show, and already signed to do the Idol Live tour.

Oh yeah, JLo.....halfbillionaire entertainer in the business, stunned.

Randy creative genious in the biz....Shocked and pissed.

S.Tyler...couldn't believe it...nuff said.

I think they know what they're talking about

Smart people know not to let grungy teenaged girls and fat housewives's determine what's a marketable talent.....lol

Right. Signed by Interscope this week, and they're rushing to drop that album as soon as possible.

She will be selling records by the time a winner is announced on that gayassed show, and already signed to do the Idol Live tour.

Smart people know not to let grungy teenaged girls and fat housewives's determine what's a marketable talent.....lol

Good call... from what I've noticed people are upset about her leaving, that's a good sign for Interscope. Now I just need someone to sign Rebecca Black!

First of all... Interscope has first shot at all of them this season.... Its the whole "plotline" this year with Jimmy Iovine (AKA the Chairman of Interscope) being on the show every week, producing the singles and releasing them for AI.

Second of all, they evidently ARENT in that big of a hurry to sign her.

Probably because, Nigel Lythgoe (Executive Producer of AI) confirmed she WAS NEVER A FRONT RUNNER, or even showed an outside chance to win the contest....

"I know the [voting] results, so I know she was never a frontrunner," revealed Nigel, adding: "The fact of the matter is, it appears that Pia didn't connect with the audience the way we maybe think she did."

This weeks bottom three from worst up should be: Haily (Absolutely DREADFUL Blondie cover), Stefano (some boring thing Ive already forgotten) and Jacob (singing bridge over troubled water while channeling Mahalia Jackson.)

RD what do you think of Simon trying once again to do his XFactor thing? Correct me if I am wrong, the man is a genius and all, but didn't it not work out last time? How many AI copycats have there been, is there really a way to take the spotlight away from them?

RD what do you think of Simon trying once again to do his XFactor thing? Correct me if I am wrong, the man is a genius and all, but didn't it not work out last time? How many AI copycats have there been, is there really a way to take the spotlight away from them?

I think its going to do very well.... The draw of AI has ALWAYS been Simon, and his ascorbic wit is really LACKING this year. There will basically be American Idol With Simon (and no age limit) and American Idol WITHOUT simon (and nobody over 28).

Does the opening it up to older people dull its "edge"? I dont think so. What it looses in the 12-24 year old demo, it will more than make up for in the 55+ demo (There is a name for this later group... Theyre called the "Baby Boomers" and there are more of them than anybody else... Oh.... And theyre retiring right now and have more time to watch TV).

As for Record Producers being smarter than housewives and teenaged girls, it really shows a lack of understanding of WHAT AI is....

Record Producers, as smart as they are, cant predict what will SELL.... They do their best, but for every hit single produced, there are 100 that flop....

Thats the beauty of AI.... If you wont get off your ass and go to a computer to vote for these people, you arent going to part with your money to buy that album either.... (and keep in mind, the votes cast on AI every week, far eclipse the number of sales for the BEST selling albums of ALL TIME).

AI is nothing but a giant focus group. To FIND OUT what the HOUSEWIVES and TEENAGED GIRLS - AKA 'THE PEOPLE WHO BUY MUSIC', WANT TO BUY.

Paul gone... I though vote for the worst would get him farther....

Stephano and Haily safe for another week...