Bartman12

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

at minute 2:16 the Ansa sport exhaust sound

it works well an it is very light: better than this there is only the same Ansa Sport but in stainless steel (not OEM, but more durable)

ciao

Sent you a PM, just a bit ago.

Chadbourn Bolles

Anyone have any recommendations for a sport exhaust system?

I'm looking at the orginal Ansa but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi Bartman, Chad,

If you don't mind my being nosey, I'm curious what Chads advice is on an exhaust system.

Down the road I may change mine, ALSO any opinions on installing test pipes in place of the cats and then having the option of changing back (if ever needed). Has anyone done this, how loud is it?

Thanks

my former car was equipped with a 'Quicksilver' system...Evans did the work, it was beautiful to look at, AND made sweet sounds! :headbang:

post-9329-1298412515_thumb.jpg

my former car was equipped with a 'Quicksilver' system...Evans did the work, it was beautiful to look at, AND made sweet sounds! :headbang:

I like the QS, but not the chopped heat shield, although in all its probably not noticeable in person.

On an 89FI, will it match the ports that the stock exh. tips exit from? What becomes of the o2 and heat sensor equiptment?

The Quicksilve Sport system fits exactly where the factory system did. There should be NO reason to cut or remove anything that came on the car.

O2 sensors, you weld a bung into one of the pipes on each side and everything works as it did before.

Chadbourn Bolles

I like the QS, but not the chopped heat shield, although in all its probably not noticeable in person.

On an 89FI, will it match the ports that the stock exh. tips exit from? What becomes of the o2 and heat sensor equiptment?

• 3 weeks later...
The Quicksilve Sport system fits exactly where the factory system did. There should be NO reason to cut or remove anything that came on the car.

O2 sensors, you weld a bung into one of the pipes on each side and everything works as it did before.

Chadbourn Bolles

+1 on Quicksilver.

I got my system from Chad a couple weeks ago. Very, VERY easy to install! I dry fit the entire system so I could figure out which of the two connector pipes (out of the 4) would be the best to mount the O2 Sensors on. Once I had those marked, I took them down to my local exhaust shop where he drilled 2 holes and welded the bungs on. I then mounted them back onto the headers and screwed in the O2 sensors.

The only other "cutting" I had to do, was trimming the 2 longer connector pipes about 1 1/2" so the exhaust would line up evenly with the rear bumperette's. Otherwise, the pipes stick out about 2" beyond them.

After everything was in place and torqued down, I drove the car down to the exhaust shop and had the 2 side mount braces welded on and connected back to the side "spring dampening" mounts.

The sound is INCREDIBLE!!!!! Not to mention the HUGE difference in weight!!! Not the total weight of each system. The Quicksilver shaved off nearly 40 lbs!!!!!

Mike

Quicksilver_Mounted1.jpg

QS1.jpg

IMG_0265.JPG

Quicksilver_Mounted.jpg

Weight.jpg

I finally got around to uploading a couple of video's to You Tube:

Old OEM ANSA System:

New Quicksilver Sport System:

LOVE the sound of that new Quicksilver. HIGHLY recommend that system on the Countach! :icon_thumleft:

...but the Ansa Sport sounds better :icon_mrgreen:
Because the Ansa is not SS, that makes a huge difference, Eric Tahiti has a Quicksilver, awesome noise but too loud for me. better drive fast but loud.

Sounds ok.........BUT wait til you open it up on the open road :):):):)

how does it do when you need to smog the thing?

The car is now 25 years old and is exempt from the emission check here in Washington State.

Mike

The car is now 25 years old and is exempt from the emission check here in Washington State.

Mike

Im in california.. not happening just yet... I still smog the car every other year... :crybaby2:

lets not forget the best one of them all.

as much as i like this one it has a couple problems for me:

- it costs WAY TOO MUCH money....

- it has a too "modern" sound imo...it is ok on a diablo or murcie but countach should not sound like that

i like deeper old school V12 sound on countach! ;)

+1!!!!!

- it has a too "modern" sound imo...it is ok on a diablo or murcie but countach should not sound like that

i agree, this sound does not fit an old car like Countach is.

The best of i those i heard is the Ansa Sport, but Quicksilver is good too. The stock is horrible. I'm waiting to hear your 400S open exhaust: may be a good contender for the first place.

ciao

How much does it cost??? The second I leave california in the rear view this will be on the menu....