Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 4 LEAKED

Assman

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mako, Why do you think they would opt for this material?

Are we certain it is plastic?

We're not certain it's plastic, but it most likely is.

While it does seem awful, the truth is that most other mfgs (even at this price level) are resorting to plastic in the cabin versus other more prized materials. I hate it but it seems necessary.

Even the Ghost and Mulsanne have been caught with plastic bits where they swore metal/aluminum would be pre-production. For some reason it must be an incredibly costly thing to do in a way that isn't obvious like carbon-fiber or other exotic materials are. :eusa_think:

Everyone crapping on about how smooth a DCT gearbox is are missing the fact that these gearboxes have wet clutches. They are constantly cooled by oil dissapating all heat generated during controlled slippage. The clutch slip smoothness is not just done for feel for the user and continuous power but also to prolong the life of the entire drivetrain for durability and reliability. That is why the gearboxes should have a lot less maintenance when engineered and used properly, the clutches should never wear out or last much much longer than a dry clutch. Prolonging the shift purely for the user is a load of crap.

Yes these wet clutch gearboxes can be programmed any which way you like but the servos or engagement mechanisms have only so much control over the pressure curves they apply to the clutches during launch and gear changes. They do not have infinite control and infinite speed however the better the clutch control mechanism, the better potential for improved shift and launch control. It also depends on how the engine is managed throughout the launch and shifting process.

With a dry clutch slippage is meant to be avoided as there is no way to cool the clutch and heat builds up very quickly at these power levels. This is a limiting factor on how launches and gear changes are made, along with any clutch control mechanism weaknesses.

BTW the side on view of the open doors is MUCH nicer then the front 3/4 view with open doors :)

Guest Rob Burgundy

I agree that this red/ orange doesn't look as good as rosso andromeda or rosso vik in these photos bit I have a feeling that it will be stunning in sunlight. Sucks for our British members :D

Cartoon can you get the depth of the rosso vik from the photos I've PM'ed you? I will add for reference.

If you use a similar angle as above I think it will look even better.

I know it is probably very hard, thank you so much for trying.

Rosso_3.jpg

Cartoon can you get the depth of the rosso vik from the photos I've PM'ed you? I will add for reference.

If you use a similar angle as above I think it will look even better.

I know it is probably very hard, thank you so much for trying.

This good?

post-324-1298938028_thumb.png

its simple.. 2 exact cars.. one shifts in 50ms, 1 in 10ms.... Both take off at the same time.. after 5 shifts.. which one is ahead? Shift times play a huge part.. Can make cars faster with less power.. And now on a Egear or F1 car I find the pause between shifts annoying..

Just looked at the LP550 vs 458 videos, and they are dead even. They weigh the same, but the 458 got 20 more HP and DCT vs e-gear. So where's the huge difference?

If DCT is so superior as you claim, the 458 should obliterate the LP550 when it even got more power.

DCT is better for sure, that's not my point :icon_thumleft: