Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 4 LEAKED

Assman

Very underwhelming. It's nice, but its just a reventon with new color options and a cheaper price really. I hope the interior is mind blowing cause thats its only chance of keeping my vote. Might have to fly the Ferrari colors till the new G comes out.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not crazy about those side view mirrors. the car looks very japan-ish to me. it doesnt look bad, but it doesnt jump at ya like a murcielago sv-670 does/did.

it almost looks like a model in between a gallardo and a murcielago.

and all these great comments will be multiplied by 1000 once everyone sees it in person!

since day one, I said it is the nicest exotic to hit the street! (and everyone that saw the car in person agreed)

i would put money on it that allan will own one by the end of 11'

wait till you see the rear!!

i think as a base platform, the aventador styling works well. I feel though that the gallardo style pillar , side door and mirrors really detract from the design though... However, it does look more aggressive than the mclaren, the 458 and other cars in its segment... And keeping in mind that this will be the platform that will essentially support their flagship for the next decade, its not a bad effort.... And of course, being that it is CF, you can expect variants with possibly greater styling differences as CF lends well to smaller production runs. So, here is to hoping for even wilder future styling on the avt

i think as a base platform, the aventador styling works well. I feel though that the gallardo style pillar , side door and mirrors really detract from the design though... However, it does look more aggressive than the mclaren, the 458 and other cars in its segment... And keeping in mind that this will be the platform that will essentially support their flagship for the next decade, its not a bad effort.... And of course, being that it is CF, you can expect variants with possibly greater styling differences as CF lends well to smaller production runs. So, here is to hoping for even wilder future styling on the avt

That's a good take.

Agree with this, the side intake helps it. So do the other changes.

It's a much more coherent evolution than the Reventon was, and it's less porky-looking than the outgoing M.

We're just a little fatigued with the whole look I think. But unlike Allan, I don't feel the rounded style of the 458 or MP4 or other entries in the segment are the answer visually either. The LP700 is far better looking than either, and no one would look at the other two if the trio were parked together for sure.

It's a far better looking car than the Murcie was when it was launched but it's not making me want to die to have it.

I'm sure it's the best Lamborghini ever produced, and for that it deserves credit. Looking forward to the performance tests and official unveil. :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid: :icon_super:

Those DRL look sinister, very good job. I like it -the mirrors, wheels and color.

post-9291-1298588391.png

post-9291-1298588501.png

Good post.

Between safety, emissions, fuel economy, and other concerns, the day of the designer getting to do it their way with just a pad of paper and a pencil are long gone.

Now you know why I hold antiques dear to my heart. :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

I normally don't warm to new designs right away but I think lambo did themselves proud. Get rid of those wheels and put a big wing on the back and I'd love it.

i actually think the murci mirrors might look better... the lines on the body wouldnt be interrupted so much.

yeah or a evolution of that

Looks like its missing something, needs that little bit more maybe from all the spy shots and test mule shots, secrecy bla bla etc etc. I think the problem people have with the new car comes from the fact that Lambo released the Reventon which the new car has taken many styling ques from. If they didn't make them and went from LP640 to this I don't think people would have "negative" or "indifferent" opinions, most would have been in awe. However it was evidently clear that Lambo had a design for the new car in mind when they decided to release the Reventon and for that it was a good marketing decision to see how far they could stretch their concepts/designs for the LP700. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked Reventon owners for input.

They should have left Reventon as a concept much like they have left the Estoque, as both of these gave away too much in regards to the direction that the company looks to follow for its new cycle and because of this they I don't think they will be doing much for the G replacement, which imo can only go two ways now, either totally mental with crazy angular design setting the new "standard" for the segment or very tame/refresh look. And judging by the LP700 I'm inclined to go with the later.

i actually think the murci mirrors might look better... the lines on the body wouldnt be interrupted so much.

They can't do Murci mirrors due to the new door mechanism.

Instead they should have done what Lotus did on their concepts with having cameras and putting the view in the dash, however you can never judge speeds correctly from cameras.

They can't do Murci mirrors due to the new door mechanism.

Instead they should have done what Lotus did on their concepts with having cameras and putting the view in the dash, however you can never judge speeds correctly from cameras.

I think if they had the power mirror automatically roll up when the doors go up in sync, there can be clearance. It might even be more dramatic too...

lamborghini_aventador_mirro.jpg

I think if they had the power mirror automatically roll up when the doors go up in sync, there can be clearance. It might even be more dramatic too...

That would be a cool feature. It's always the little things that count other than driving experience of course.

Exactly!! Perfect! It SHOULD have those mirrors!

I previously had this car on order, but just now had cancelled it. The car looks like an upgraded gallardo. The car supposedly is using new technology however from what I can tell the "ISG" gearbox is their excuse of not using a dual clutch gearbox. Understandable that they would have some issues with using a dual clutch gearbox with a car that has 700 bhp. However coming from VW group, who had practice developing the gearbox for the incredibly insane powerhouse engine for the Bugatti Veyron. They could have easily asked for some help.

The other thing is that they said that they were using push-rod suspension and a new carbon fiber monocoque chasis, however this seemingly new technology was developed over a decade ago, the car that many people call engineering perfection, was the Mclaren F1. Even FERRARI had developed this a while ago in the F50 with the push rod suspension and the F40 with the carbon fiber monocoque chasis. This car just seems like a jumped up F50 now to think about it, yet it is a depreciating asset while the F50 will increase in value over time even if you do drive it occasionally. Look at the Carrera GT, they used push rod suspensions and as well as a carbon fiber monocoque, but the car did supply something "new" the car used a race derived V10 with a carbon ceramic clutch (or silicon carbide). This was brand new technology for a car.

Honestly this car is insulting for those who were looking forward to owning the new murcielago replacement. It feels like they are playing us like a bunch of morons thinking that we do not know our cars and couldnt tell the difference between wrench and a screw driver... It also feels they are trying to play the market for those who do not know absolutely anything about cars and rather buy the car as a tool to promote their self image. Hell maybe if we dyno it the car may just make 500 hp, yet they can convince the masses that the car makes 700 hp if they market it to the DOLTS who are willing to spend 450k dollars on a car that is relatively old for how new it should be.

Now look at the MP4-12C, this car is something that you should be looking forward to. Carbon fiber moncoque chasis that is HOLLOW to save more weight and still being able to offer the same amount of structual rigidity of a normal solid carbon fiber chasis. It uses a dual clutch gearbox that is mounted to a TT V8 which will be fantastic for those who want to add more power or just simply to mod the car to their liking. It doesnt even use a sway bar anymore...instead it uses a hydraulically controlled anti roll bar instead and from what it sounds like will offer the handling of a racecar while still being able to keep the characteristics of a normal road car.

seriously lambo, you have to step up your game, Ferrari, Porsche, and Mclaren are leaving you in the dust...

now to vent on the gallardo...

The gallardo is god awful for what it should be. Lambo should have killed off the car 5 years ago. The car is almost a decade old now yet there are more special editions of the car than how old it is.... Let's name off all of the special editions and models of the cars now

Gallardo 5.0l

Gallardo SE

Gallardo 5.2l

Gallardo Nera

Gallardo Spyder

Gallardo Superleggera

Gallardo Lp 560-4 (yes this is a VARIANT of a gallardo not some damn new car that people tend to think it is...)

Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni

Gallardo Lp 560-4 Spyder

Gallardo LP 570-4 superleggera ( for those who bought this car i feel very sorry for you, because the horsepower difference comes by the means of the exhaust...)

Gallardo LP 570-4 Spyder Performante...

Gallardo LP 550-2 variant of the regular car not the Balboni...

Gallardo LP 560 Singapore edition...seriously what the hell is going on now....

Gallardo LP 560-4 Bicolore

those who have bought a gallardo i recommend try giving it to someone because you are not going to get shit for your car if lambo keeps going this way.

Wow, that looks SOOOOOO much better.

Looks like its missing something, needs that little bit more maybe from all the spy shots and test mule shots, secrecy bla bla etc etc. I think the problem people have with the new car comes from the fact that Lambo released the Reventon which the new car has taken many styling ques from. If they didn't make them and went from LP640 to this I don't think people would have "negative" or "indifferent" opinions, most would have been in awe. However it was evidently clear that Lambo had a design for the new car in mind when they decided to release the Reventon and for that it was a good marketing decision to see how far they could stretch their concepts/designs for the LP700. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked Reventon owners for input.

They should have left Reventon as a concept much like they have left the Estoque, as both of these gave away too much in regards to the direction that the company looks to follow for its new cycle and because of this they I don't think they will be doing much for the G replacement, which imo can only go two ways now, either totally mental with crazy angular design setting the new "standard" for the segment or very tame/refresh look. And judging by the LP700 I'm inclined to go with the later.

This is also a good post. If they hadn't whored out the Reventon for $$$ the LP700 would be better recieved by enthusiasts as being more fresh, agree.

And example of a company that does this the right way is...

Ferrari! :icon_mrgreen:

They take certain bits, modify them after introduction on a model, and move them forward for the next model.

You see it most clearly with their front and rear lights, they evolve right before your eyes (Enzo to 599 to 458), but it's present elsewhere also.

They don't just slap the exact same looking piece on the car as Mercedes, Aston, and others lazily do. They make their design team keep the original DNA, but evolve it forward until it's an all-new look.

from the end of the door handle to the rear it looks great... but everything to the left just looks odd

the center of the car looks disproportionate to the rear. its kind of like this...

cathe-jung.jpg