Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 4 LEAKED

Assman

On a side note, i saw some final pictures today and was pleased with the outcome. I'm not jumping up and down in adoration, but I am excited and pleased from my initial reaction. It takes me two weeks or so before i really love or loathe a car.

I don't demand perfection, I'm sure there will be many people disappointed, but it's a great starting point. Consider how the Murcielago has evolved and grown. Comparing the 2002 Murcielago to the LP640 is what i imagine how we will be looking at this car down the road.

The interior fit and finish as well as the details look spectacular from my first impression.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, people are raising absolute hell over there about the FF. Just for shits I dug up the thread from when the 599 was revealed and tons of people hated it as well and were being very vocal about it. I wouldn't say it's a strokefest by any means, especially with new models.

Regardless, I think this car looks great (so far) although I am a bit disappointed by the lack of a new design direction. It looks like a Murcie on 'roids (not that that's a terribly bad thing) but I think they could have gone a little bit more outside the box. Perhaps the wedge has run its course.

Nonetheless, it still looks fantastic from what has been shown so far and I have little doubt that it is going to be a badass car worthy of the badge. I can't wait to see the official reveal.

:iamwithstupid:

FF is too easy a target though, even the GT-R is a looker next to that hideous clown shoe. :icon_mrgreen:

On a side note, i saw some final pictures today and was pleased with the outcome. I'm not jumping up and down in adoration, but I am excited and pleased from my initial reaction. It takes me two weeks or so before i really love or loathe a car.

I don't demand perfection, I'm sure there will be many people disappointed, but it's a great starting point. Consider how the Murcielago has evolved and grown. Comparing the 2002 Murcielago to the LP640 is what i imagine how we will be looking at this car down the road.

The interior fit and finish as well as the details look spectacular from my first impression.

Also a good post. The LP700 is not the end of the world, I can't see anyone who IS purchasing it new (at a LOWER price than the outgoing car btw), saying "well, it's surprising but it's just not that impressive"...

It has the chops for its price level, the few things it may wind up being short in are debateable more than definite, I think it has a great chance to do well until other competitors arrive in the segment. It will need a refresh every 24 months to stay viable, and I think that's the plan honestly.

Also a good post. The LP700 is not the end of the world, I can't see anyone who IS purchasing it new (at a LOWER price than the outgoing car btw), saying "well, it's surprising but it's just not that impressive"...

It has the chops for its price level, the few things it may wind up being short in are debateable more than definite, I think it has a great chance to do well until other competitors arrive in the segment. It will need a refresh every 24 months to stay viable, and I think that's the plan honestly.

Excellent point. The refresh to remain viable option is a great plan of attack for the business. You can satisfy those who want the "wow factor" of having the first cars with the initial run.

As the car progresses and improves the die-hards will slowly integrate into buying the used models, where they will then watch the car evolve to the point where they would be willing to pull the trigger on a new from factory car. It's a more organic approach to the success of the car and I think it will prove to be beneficial. Obviously there will have to be some "feeling it out as they go" to refine and correct, but after looking at this car it's probably the best starting point for a car that will evolve and grow than any other model.

The only peoples opinion that's worth a damn at this point in regards to this car and its appeal are those of which have seen the car in the bare flesh. Period.

I find it a little funny that there are all these polarized sentiments flying around based on a one dimension (obscure, too) picture view of this car. Or even over some videos where all you see is the basic contour of a Murcielago under heavy disguise.

Wait until the car is revealed with multiple pics and multiple angles identifying the car to make some sort of sound judgment. Most people that have seen the car in its entirety are raving about it and its exterior design, and that should account for something given that most of these people that are doing so are current and/or previous Lambo owners.

The only peoples opinion that's worth a damn at this point in regards to this car and its appeal are those of which have seen the car in the bare flesh. Period.

I find it a little funny that there are all these polarized sentiments flying around based on a one dimension (obscure, too) picture view of this car. Or even over some videos where all you see is the basic contour of a Murcielago under heavy disguise.

Wait until the car is revealed with multiple pics and multiple angles identifying the car to make some sort of sound judgment. Most people that have seen the car in its entirety are raving about it and its exterior design, and that should account for something given that most of these people that are doing so are current and/or previous Lambo owners.

I want to be surprised when it's released, I really do. I want Lambo to do well, but I just don't think the orders will come flowing in. Too many people are saying they will wait for it to drop like a rock in depreciation. Don't get me wrong, I love the Lamborghini brand, always have - always will - and this one will probably grow on me the same way the Murci did (and the LP640 really grew on me quick). I was a Countach and Diablo fan. Those were the "cars on my wall" as a kid. The Murci was so new, like most things, I didn't like it at first.

Like Mako said, this isn't a fan site. We aren't f-chat. I can honestly see a lot of members' Lambos collecting dust and getting sold when the new McLaren is released. I loved it when I first saw it, and driving it will be even more of an experience. (Let alone when Heffner TT's one). It should be an amazing car and will seriously contend for the ultimate sub 300k supercar territory.

That's until the G replacement comes....

This "leaked" picture hardly does the car any justice, you are right on there. I think you'll be pleased when you can see it from all the other angles, i was pleasantly surprised, it looks good from more than just the front view.

Great post.

allan, i will buy one with a few hundred miles (so someone else takes the hit) just like you bought your 458.

i think that makes more sense, dont you?

either way im excited!

I paid OVER Msrp for my 458 to get it now, rather than wait a few months and order one.. So in my case I took the hit! :lol2: So you have to know that if I paid OVER sticker, this damn car really impressed me to have to have it immidietely..

And what we are talking about is not what makes financial sense for us, what it will take for Lambo to stay afloat... So we can hoot and hollar about the new car allday long, we can buy them used down the road, none of that will change what happens with Lambo TODAY...

Everyone here knows I love lambo, and its funny that for the first time ever in regards to timing I found myself being able to step up to bat and order a brand new model intro Lambo.. And for the first time I ever, I found myself with ZERO desire to do so.. Time has moved on... When the Countach was introduced, there were ZERO competitors, the Diablo... again nothing came close... The Murcielago came and even though passable, was the first Lambo to somewhat dissapoint.. I had both the SV and the Murci.. as we all saw the Murci got sold rather quickly.. It just again was not a big leap forward.. But yet again what did you have to choose from? Porsche at the time was snoozing, a ferrari 550/575? nothing.. In todays market you have soo many choices... Porsches hitting 0-60 in 2.6 sec bone stock running mid 10's in the 1/4, same as Nissan GTR's, you have Ferrari's 458, you have the new Mclaren coming, all cars that we all know are more advanced than the Lp700 even before its released at a lesser cost.

You have to look at from a real standpoint.. You think this car is not antiquated? Ok, well ask yourself, to compete in the marketplace with the Mclaren and 458, do you think the Gallardo will have to be faster than the Mclaren? Do you think it will need to have DCT? has history shown that the lesser Lambo outperforms the bigger flagship in most aspects? The bread and butter lambo will need to be able to compete on those levels, levels where the lp700 loses before its even been introduced..

Are you not tired of reading road tests where other cars always seem to come out ahead? I mean lets be honest, even with the Gallardo/430 most head to head compros picked the 430. The Murcielago was always hailed as a car moreso to be seen in, rather than to drive.. Everytime a new model is introduced Lambo has a chance to do something great, and yet again they dropped the ball.. It will always be hailed as another option to a CLASS LEADER..

This is just my opinion, of course , i may be wrong, but i think people will go crazy for this car: it looks like a modern Countach, a thing that Murcielago never was.

ciao

This car looks nothing like a modern day Countach.. it looks like a modern day Murcielago evolution..

I don't recall the Murci being a big deal when it came out....it was nice but a bit underwhelming. The car was overshadowed by that marketing video and special unveiling in Sicily.

My buddy said it best that the roadster gave it some edge....and the coupe only truly came alive with the SV. If we're here picking nits...

So it'll be at least several more months before we can really start offering reasonable insight on how this car looks.

And as for the performance and technology.....I can't believe how critical all of this is to so many on here. If the 458 came with stick only and manettino set permanently to off it would still be a fantastic driver for many other reasons besides transmission and driver's aids.

I would get a bigger hard on if I heard Lambo brought back RWD for the V12....that would be worthy of having your favorite TV show interrupted by a special report. :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

Let's face it Allan. You weren't treated right by Lamborghini (uninvited from an event) and this whole anti Lambo crusade of yours has everything to do with that.

LP700 has 700 HP. 0-60 in 3 seconds, carbon tub and lots of new tech. There are no other real world performance stats posted for you to be so sure that it's going to under perform. It's the first model of an upcoming 10 year run, there'll be plenty of time and opportunity to upgrade and make it compatible with whatever the competition throws out there.

You can't ask for the flagship model to be a 800hp 2400lbs monster made of some crazy spaceship materials and outpeforming everything out there for the next 5 years and cost $379K. The 458 customers will be 458 customers, just like they were 430 customers. Those 4000 + people who bought Murclelagos will still be buying the big Lambo V12, just like they did before. There is market for that and Lamborghini isn't fcuking up by making products for its own following. Looking at what the competition puts out is good, but one can lose track of what their philosophy is if they obsess over that. You drive a 458 and a McLaren, you'll get your sterile performance of a daily driver that does 0-100-0 .5 seconds faster, but for most of the people out there those figures mean nothing. They want that in your face Lamborghini design and a big V12 in the back.

you guys may be right.. but i'll keep putting my nickels away for a mclaren or a cgt if prices ever get into the mid 200's.....

You will be keeping your nickels for a very long time if you are waiting for a CGT to drop in the $200's unless you were talking about a Bentley in which case please accept my apologies .

I bet you would be tripping all over yourself if anyone would offer you the LP700 at a figure that you could afford, I bet as much as you want that you would buy it over all the other cars you so beautiful paint and make sound like God's gift to humanity.

To top it all off you talk of people beging disappointed when they are able to achieve their dream of owning a Lambo , please allow me to :lol2:

Are you not tired of reading road tests where other cars always seem to come out ahead? I mean lets be honest, even with the Gallardo/430 most head to head compros picked the 430.

As everyone has known, but found out in detail more recently with the jalopnik expose, Ferrari ALWAYS rigs their cars to beat the competition in magazine tests. Yet in real life, ALWAYS lost to Lamborghini except their upper echelon halo cars-Enzo, F40, F50, etc.

F430 would get smoked by the Gallardo all day in every way shape and form. Just like the 458 and 458 Scuderia will with the Gallardo replacement.

I do believe that Lambo is behind the 8 ball releasing their entry level cars AFTER Ferrari does though

I don't recall the Murci being a big deal when it came out....it was nice but a bit underwhelming. The car was overshadowed by that marketing video and special unveiling in Sicily.

You are correct. It was a giant "meh" when it arrived, and the Diablo purists shit all over it at the time.

And within the first three years after it arrived, the CGT, SLR, and Enzo all began shipping, followed by the F-GT.

Depiste all that, the Murcie moved 5,000 units over the course of its lifetime.

Allan is making some great points, but in the long run there are enough Russian oligarchs, Chinese yuan-players, Middle Eastern oil sheiks, and American rappers/sports-stars to make any Lamborghini work just fine as far as the economics are concerned. :icon_mrgreen:

As far as the money-maker model having to embarass the flagship in order for economic survival, drive Alex's 599 then hop back into your 458 and tell me which one you prefer.

The 458 will BLOW AWAY that 599 in the overall driving experience on many levels...just as the next Gallardo will of course blow away the LP700 in most regards as you're predicting.

That's just the nature of the game now: Low production exclusivity + lambo doors = flagship. Overall performance = both models.

You are correct. It was a giant "meh" when it arrived, and the Diablo purists shit all over it at the time.

And within the first three years after it arrived, the CGT, SLR, and Enzo all began shipping, followed by the F-GT.

Depiste all that, the Murcie moved 5,000 units over the course of its lifetime.

Allan is making some great points, but in the long run there are enough Russian oligarchs, Chinese yuan-players, Middle Eastern oil sheiks, and American rappers/sports-stars to make any Lamborghini work just fine as far as the economics are concerned. :icon_mrgreen:

As far as the money-maker model having to embarass the flagship in order for economic survival, drive Alex's 599 then hop back into your 458 and tell me which one you prefer.

The 458 will BLOW AWAY that 599 in the overall driving experience on many levels...just as the next Gallardo will of course blow away the LP700 in most regards as you're predicting.

That's just the nature of the game now: Low production exclusivity + lambo doors = flagship. Overall performance = both models.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

Very good points.

Purely for spectulation purposes could someone with a murcie or a lp640 take a shot of their car from the angle used in the pic on p1?

Ain't got no Murcie, but how about a Diablo from almost the same angle? :eusa_dance:

lp700vsjota.jpg

The good thing is that nobody here has the last word on what the new Lamborghini will be like in terms of performance and looks in the real world.... :bleh: and neither do it :moon3:

but this threads are for sure great "publicity" for lambo!! LAMBOPOWER 4EVA!! :headbang:

Let's face it Allan. You weren't treated right by Lamborghini (uninvited from an event) and this whole anti Lambo crusade of yours has everything to do with that.

LP700 has 700 HP. 0-60 in 3 seconds, carbon tub and lots of new tech. There are no other real world performance stats posted for you to be so sure that it's going to under perform. It's the first model of an upcoming 10 year run, there'll be plenty of time and opportunity to upgrade and make it compatible with whatever the competition throws out there.

You can't ask for the flagship model to be a 800hp 2400lbs monster made of some crazy spaceship materials and outpeforming everything out there for the next 5 years and cost $379K. The 458 customers will be 458 customers, just like they were 430 customers. Those 4000 + people who bought Murclelagos will still be buying the big Lambo V12, just like they did before. There is market for that and Lamborghini isn't fcuking up by making products for its own following. Looking at what the competition puts out is good, but one can lose track of what their philosophy is if they obsess over that. You drive a 458 and a McLaren, you'll get your sterile performance of a daily driver that does 0-100-0 .5 seconds faster, but for most of the people out there those figures mean nothing. They want that in your face Lamborghini design and a big V12 in the back.

Wrong... I personally love the drama between me and Lambo corporate.. You actually think that what happened would have influenced me enough NOT to buy a product that would make happiest? Im buying a car, not Stephan Winkelman.

Wrong... I personally love the drama between me and Lambo corporate.. You actually think that what happened would have influenced me enough NOT to buy a product that would make happiest? Im buying a car, not Stephan Winkelman.

Maybe I'm wrong, but yes, I do think so. It's a pretty damn good reason to be pissed over. :icon_thumleft:

Ain't got no Murcie, but how about a Diablo from almost the same angle? :eusa_dance:

Cool comparisson, but before anyone one starts toting how much better the Diablo looks, (and in some peoples personal preference that is true,) keep in mind we have had 20+ years to look at, critique, examine and analyze from every angle and perspective the Diablo. The revealing picture of LP-700 has been on the radar for what, two days?

Hovik: I know that's an easy takeaway from all this, but I assure you that it's wrong. If anything it's the opposite, Allan is passionate about the brand and pissed beyond pissed that Ferrari is so clearly superior at the moment for the things HE prizes from a car.

Nothing would please him more than having the space-ship car you described appear from Lambo. :icon_mrgreen:

And your comments about the MP4 and 458 being more "sterile" are valid. Lambo can still be described as being more visceral and violent than Ferrari and certainly Porsche, which is something we shouldn't so easily disregard in the face of shift-time milliseconds, 1/4 mile times, and other more clear metrics.