Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 4 LEAKED

Assman

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on those latest pics from livinroo, I am liking it quite a bit. I don't see why anyone cares about how the doors open up and out.

:iamwithstupid:

Aside from the fact that this looks like a G + ebay reventon kit = Aventador and the disappointing doors, it's beginning to look a lot better in the new photos. As far as people canceling orders, last I checked Lambo Miami had pre-sold at least six.

I love the design, there is nothing in the world at this stage that looks like it, when you see this car on the road you will know it's a Lamborghini, it's in your face and says get out of my frikin way :icon_mrgreen:

People who love Lambos don't care what others think and for that reason alone or simply because they like to go against the grain they will always buy Lambo, another thing that makes my point are the colors Lambo gets away with, tell me one other car brand in the world that would get away with VI for example.

The thing that sadness me the most is the fact that Lambo bashers were given free rein to come on here and bash the car.

I am definitely not into cheerleading but when your favorite brand comes up with a new car I would expect a tinny bit more support from the group that supposedly has the largest concentration of Lambo owners on the planet, give them a bit more of a chance to showcase their product, give yourself an opportunity to test drive it, take your time to look at it in real life, sit in it etc. then tell us your honest opinion.

There were few owners that expressed negativity when faced with the initial few photos, mainly because they were expecting something else, I am sure that when they have more time with the car they will come around, if they won't which I highly doubt at least the number that's lost because of the design will be picked up by new customers coming across, if you lose 10% of your customer base with a new design you are likely to pick up at least that in new customers, we shall see it soon if not Lambo goes down the drain and that's the end of the story.

I don't like to talk about people's financial position or what they can afford to buy or not, that would be quite impolite but I am willing to bet that most Lambo bashers on LP will not knock at Lambo's gates with a cheque in their hand, they haven't done it before and it is very likely they are very far off from doing so.

That doesn't mean you aren't entitled to an opinion, you certainly are but it becomes irrelevant to the supplier they don't have to cater for non-customers, they have to do so for the core customer base, if you want to join the gang you will have to do so on the gang's terms, that's how I see it anyway.

Lamborghini is a boutique car manufacturer not a mass producing one, that enables them to go crazy with the design.

I think many on here are misinterpreting what Lambo wants to be, what their philosophy going forward is.

It's sad that the event I eagerly awaited and looked forward to discuss and share on LP with my fellow enthusiasts for the past year or so was turned into a dog's breakfast by the constant bashing.

I am done with this thread everyone should buy whatever they like, afford and makes them happy! :icon_thumleft:

Well said, Fortis.

The doors are rice-a-roni, but there's no real way around that style of door with crash regs.

How they got that front bumper through the pedestrian safety regulations is beyond me... Looks like it would slice anything it hit in pieces :icon_mrgreen:

Probably a good thing about being under the VAG umbrella, benefiting from their interpretations of the regulations and designing around it. Pagani clearly didn't do well at this...

Guest Rob Burgundy

I see a lot of countach in the rear view of the body of the aventador.

The lights and grills are different but it has that similar shape and I really think it's cool to look at. I am very excited for the video reviews of this car to start coming in and us being able to hear and see this thing ripping around the track like were starting to see reviews of the Mclaren.

How they got that front bumper through the pedestrian safety regulations is beyond me... Looks like it would slice anything it hit in pieces :icon_mrgreen:

Probably a good thing about being under the VAG umbrella, benefiting from their interpretations of the regulations and designing around it. Pagani clearly didn't do well at this...

True. But hey, you never know...Pagani may have actually concieved the front of that car THAT way, meaning he's happy with it and it had nothing to do with regs. We're just assuming that no one in their right mind would put such a hideous nose on a car willingly. :icon_mrgreen:

I don't even think webster132 asked about him about it a few weeks ago, can't recall what they spoke about besides generalities.

It wouldn't be the classiest question either: "So Horatio, does the nose look like somebody smashed the car into a wall at 60mph because it had to or because you wanted it to look awful that way"?

Not exactly a question that gets you put at the top of the list for one. :icon_thumleft:

True. But hey, you never know...Pagani may have actually concieved the front of that car THAT way, meaning he's happy with it and it had nothing to do with regs. We're just assuming that no one in their right mind would put such a hideous nose on a car willingly. :icon_mrgreen:

I don't even think webster132 asked about him about it a few weeks ago, can't recall what they spoke about besides generalities.

It wouldn't be the classiest question either: "So Horatio, does the nose look like somebody smashed the car into a wall at 60mph because it had to or because you wanted it to look awful that way"?

Not exactly a question that gets you put at the top of the list for one. :icon_thumleft:

Almost every shoot you've seen of the grill is exaggerated in photos because photographers are lying on the ground when they take the shoot or are using a wide angle lens. When you look at the front of the car from human height, standing right in front of it, or from the side, it looks very different. I think it looks great now. But yes, it's a very different front from the Zonda.

BTW, wait until you see the second car they're bringing to Geneva. It's a two-tone with more of the classic Pagani carbon fiber love exposed. Saw a picture of it today and it looks amazing. I'm most likely to go with a Zonda HH blue two-tone setup now after seeing this.

Anyways, back to the LP700 ;)

On the other boards.. you dont have as many owners or people who can actually buy the car.. I personally dont care what some kid with a civic thinks about the new Lambo... Not to mention that there has been a pretty strong reaction from most NOT being blown away..

So basicly what you're saying is that you care about the opinion of a rich car guy, but not the opinion of a normal income car guy?

I personally don't give a s*** if you share or value my opinion regarding cars, but it's kind of funny that you think like that. Especially since you started an online car forum..

It must be difficult for you to read all these posts that we non owners write day in and day out. :icon_mrgreen:

omg I go away to Mexico for a week and the thread goes from 19 to 55 pages?! :o

I really like this car. I think the front needs some getting used to but that might be due to the pictures being shite (remember the LP640 pictures that were first released and everyone was like WTF?). everything else is fantastic!

The rear and side view are incredible and unlike the Murcielago this car doesnt look fat. its got a very sleek, Diablo-like stance.

Almost every shoot you've seen of the grill is exaggerated in photos because photographers are lying on the ground when they take the shoot or are using a wide angle lens. When you look at the front of the car from human height, standing right in front of it, or from the side, it looks very different. I think it looks great now. But yes, it's a very different front from the Zonda.

BTW, wait until you see the second car they're bringing to Geneva. It's a two-tone with more of the classic Pagani carbon fiber love exposed. Saw a picture of it today and it looks amazing. I'm most likely to go with a Zonda HH blue two-tone setup now after seeing this.

Anyways, back to the LP700 ;)

Well, at least we know our opinion can only go up from here, so that's definitely a positive. :icon_thumleft:

Looking forward to seeing this week in show pics, will likely look much better than it has so far as you mentioned.

omg I go away to Mexico for a week and the thread goes from 19 to 55 pages?! :o

Shit you made it out alive?? You must not be good ransom-bait Nima... :icon_mrgreen:

Oh, come on, those interior central vents look like a joke. :eusa_naughty: They look like someone forgot to put them on, so they just put them on later, and really fast...Looks like it came from a Fiat...I can't believe my eyes. :eusa_think: The doors are a disappointment as well, but I guess that has to do something with safety standards, but I'm curious about the exact technical story behind it. I hope it's not closing like a conventional door when it comes close to the closed position like on aftermarket LSD doors..

post-9291-1298854198.jpg

The car definetly has the outline of the Murcie, the only thing it seem to have taken from the Gallardo was the side mirrors and the A pillar support. That first pic reminds me of the Murcie debut pic, you guys can argue its just because it from the same angle, but look at the diemensions closely, its very close to the Murcie ( although much more striking.) BTW whats wrong with the front? I like it, its not flared nostril like the reventon.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :icon_pray: :icon_pray: :icon_pray: :icon_syda: :icon_syda: :icon_syda:

The rear and side view are incredible and unlike the Murcielago this car doesnt look fat. its got a very sleek, Diablo-like stance.

You know, that's a great point. All those sharp creases flow together in such a way that it really breaks up the car's rather large shape without looking unnecessary. Makes it look much more compact, weapon-like and generally cohesive.

but I guess that has to do something with safety standards, but I'm curious about the exact technical story behind it. I hope it's not closing like a conventional door when it comes close to the closed position like on aftermarket LSD doors..

Actually I think it's because they wanted more headroom in the car. In the Diablo and Murcie you are very close to the roof pillar, put a helmet on, and you hit it. And that's me, I'm like 5'8".

A wider roof obviously makes more room inside, but you have less room between the roof and the door when it's open if it goes straight up, so it would make it hard to get in and out of the car, especially for taller/larger people.

DON'T QUOTE PICS

Once a picture has been shown the first time, when you reply and want to give props or hate, DELETE THE QUOTED OR [attachment] TAG CONTENT IN YOUR POST so it doesn't repeat in the thread, thanks. :icon_thumleft:

PS - These photoshops all look sick, the hate-group is going to be feating on humble-pie once they see a lot of the good work you guys are doing...impressive. :lol2:

Oh, come on, those interior central vents look like a joke. :eusa_naughty: They look like someone forgot to put them on, so they just put them on later, and really fast...Looks like it came from a Fiat...I can't believe my eyes. :eusa_think: The doors are a disappointment as well, but I guess that has to do something with safety standards, but I'm curious about the exact technical story behind it. I hope it's not closing like a conventional door when it comes close to the closed position like on aftermarket LSD doors..

Pfft, that's nothing. You want to really get pissed off check out the silver surrounding material for the NAV/controls right underneath the vents...god forbid it's cheap ugly painted PLASTIC in a $400k car... :eusa_wall:

:icon_mrgreen:

I'm not pleased with that part either, but it's not that bad IMO. The best part of the interior IMO is the steering wheel, the instrument panel, and the part surrounding it.